Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know my posts are being pretty much ignored because everyone is excited about their moving EDDs and Vins - but I do think people need to know about the lack of customer service from Tesla. Just another example - I ordered a 14-50 adapter on 8/2. I was notified that it 'shipped' and was charged that day. FedEx shows that a label was produced but it has had no movement since then. I have sent 2 emails asking for an update and have not even received an automated response. I thought - ok a fluke - I will get a refund when it eventually gets caught up - but I need the adapter when I eventually (I hope? 3 time delayed delivery finally arrives???) get my car? So I ordered again - and you guessed it. Ordered, says shipped, charged and no movement. First of all, how are they getting away with charging when nothing has actually shipped - only a label has been produced. If it is out of stock SAY IT IS OUT OF STOCK. I think this car will be great if / when I finally get it - but their service is horrible so far. And also for comparison - I ordered the carbon fiber wheel covers, the compartment trays, the floor mats and the cable minder from them. They charged me when they shipped, but they actually shipped and I received them. I can find no phone number for support of shop orders and again, emails ignored.
That's a bummer :/ I ordered my charger and got it within a week. Only hang up I guess was the label got damaged and FedEx had to generate a new one and that pushed it back a day.

Just out of curiosity, anyone in the last day that received a vin ordered white interior? I’m seeing a trend between here and people on Reddit that most orders getting vins with literally same spec and order dates and edd receive vins but have black interiors.
A buddy of mine who ordered a few days before me got his VIN today (got mine last night) for his White/White LR

Reactions: calitezzie
Ordered July 5th! M3LR White/white no FSD

EDD has been tightening slowly on the side for the past few days. I gave a call to Tesla to give me a more accurate EDD within their internal system and they gave me 8/30-9/5. Was told that deliveries happen closer to the earlier EDD!

EDD Estimates-
8/21-9/12
8/23-9/12
8/25-9/13
8/26-9/12
8/27-9/10

Ouch big slide today... Was 8/27-9/13 yesterday... This morning saying 9/7-9/27... What the heck happened to cause that type of slide i wonder
I wouldn't worry about it. Since August 4 I've generally been seeing the same pattern in my EDD: the start date moves a day to the right and the end date stays the same. Except for August 7. That day everything shifted two weeks to the right. But then on August 8 it was like nothing happened. My EDD shifted back to the left and I went back to the usual pattern. It's probably just EDD randomness. Give it a few days and it might slide back to the left.

Yes, I think people are too nervous about their upcoming vin or delivery to tune in.

I agree with you that the lack of support for orders is concerning. Could be growing pains, or pandemic related, but still.
I would not want to be expecting a delivery without having a 40 or 50 Amp charger at home. My local energy company only gives rebates for two brands of Level 2 chargers, neither of which is Tesla. I got a different charger as I wait for my car. Otherwise, I would probably be on the same boat as you.

I noticed that these two brands have increased prices by about $100 in the last month, maybe they all are running short on components. Not to add fuel to your fire, but I read this the other day and was a bit worried. https://forums.tesla.com/discussion...e606d224d0a-1628824716-0-gqNtZGzNAqKjcnBszQ5i
Working for a large electronics manufacturer, we have techs and machines sitting around because we can't even get copper cabling. They may not be getting these in. Not a defense, just that the world supply chain for electronics is almost out.

Reactions: Extant