Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, Slip sliding away.

1628870741572.png

Reactions: richieyim
I got my VIN! Now my EDD shows 8/12-8/18!
This morning I got an email and a text about my delivery - plus my account now shows that I need to make my payment, etc. Delivery date officially set for 8/21. Bummed it's after the EDD range of 8/14-8/18 but I'll make peace with it.

To recap: Didn't really think I wanted a Tesla. Lease was ending on my Audi SQ5 and I was not particularly excited to get another car. I hate the dealership experience. I was going to try a bunch of cars, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, then I test drove a Model 3 on 7/3 and immediately stopped the search. Ordered my M3LR on 7/5, used a friend's referral code. Ordered white/black with 18" aero and no FSD, so a pretty basic setup. EDD were in September and late August/Labor Day for most of my wait, then things suddenly accelerated in the last week. There are a lot of Teslas where I live, so I have to assume they send a truckload down here pretty often.

So my original delivery date was this Wednesday - but the car didn't arrive so they made me a new appointment for tomorrow. I didn't receive any confirmation on Tuesday before my Wednesday appointment, just a call to reschedule at about 5:45 the night before. This morning I got a text and a phone call confirming my appointment tomorrow :) YAY I'm thinking that means no cancellation this time.

And other good news - the second 14-50 adapter I ordered did actually ship and will be here tomorrow too. Now how to get my money back for the one that has never really shipped.