Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster! Super happy to be posting!

This forum has been amazing to ease my excitement/anxiousness in waiting for my LR M3.
I placed an order on 7/3 but didn't complete my entire profile until 7/12. I'll be picking up in Burbank, CA.

On 8/6 my EDD was August 15 - Sept 4, that held until 8/14, on which the earliest date moved to August 16 but the latest date stayed Sept 4.
Since then I've been pretty much chasing the earliest date, which kept moving one day to the right. Which seemed pretty steady until today, it randomly changed midday and now my EDD is August 22 - Sept 11.

I was really hoping I was reaching the end! When is a good time to post a squirrel photo?
I'm almost in the exact same boat as you! Been hard seeing the East coast guys getting VINS

Does anyone know of the VIN ever changing after being assigned also? I went ahead and took care of the insurance requirement just now since I got a vin! I would hope it doesnt change from here...
If you got your VIN straight from your account page without using any tricks like viewing the page source (or using a browser extension that views the source) then I think you're less likely to have it changed. I also plan on lining up my insurance as soon as I see a VIN. One less reason for Tesla to slow down my delivery.

Reactions: jrmt23
Ordered 7/6, upgraded to LR on 7/23, MSM/black, 18'', no FSD. Delivery window had narrowed to 8/31-9/9, picking up at Springfield, NJ location.

Got my VIN this AM and window narrowed to 8/29-9/4. For those here in NJ, how are you handling the $2k rebate from Charge Up? I emailed them asking about that since I don't want to submit the final payment without that applied.

Now it's fingers crossed that QC does a good job on my car!
Picking up in Springfield too, will let you know how that goes next Friday.

For the rebate, missed out since I didn't want to wait (rip looks like only 2 days) and 2K wasn't going to be a big deal for me

Reactions: trilly
well weird late day EDD update, Estimated Delivery: September 02 - September 09, so close now. That is the narrowest to date. Hoping the VIN is coming soon, like this week soon. 7/13 order date.
Yep.. Looks like we might be coming up at around the same time....

Order Date: 7/8
8/1: Estimated Delivery: August 22 - September 11
8/9: Estimated Delivery: August 23 - September 11
8/10: Estimated Delivery: August 24 - September 11
8/11: Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 11
8/12: Estimated Delivery: August 26 - September 12
8/13: Estimated Delivery: August 27 - September 09
8/14: Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 09
8/15: Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 08
8/16: Estimated Delivery: August 29 - September 08
8/17: Estimated Delivery: August 31 - September 09
8/18: Estimated Delivery: September 02 - September 09

FYI all, in speaking with my insurance provider, I was told that they'd be dropping insurance rates on Teslas 30-40% in the next month. If you're getting a car sometime around the end of 21Q4 this may be something to look into if you're unhappy with your rate. I'm with Farmers Insurance.
State Farm already has a 30% discount. My agent said it was pretty much the safest car for insurers to insure.

Yep.. Looks like we might be coming up at around the same time....

Order Date: 7/8
8/1: Estimated Delivery: August 22 - September 11
8/9: Estimated Delivery: August 23 - September 11
8/10: Estimated Delivery: August 24 - September 11
8/11: Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 11
8/12: Estimated Delivery: August 26 - September 12
8/13: Estimated Delivery: August 27 - September 09
8/14: Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 09
8/15: Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 08
8/16: Estimated Delivery: August 29 - September 08
8/17: Estimated Delivery: August 31 - September 09
8/18: Estimated Delivery: September 02 - September 09
Must be a truck coming that week, good sign

Picking up in Springfield too, will let you know how that goes next Friday.

For the rebate, missed out since I didn't want to wait (rip looks like only 2 days) and 2K wasn't going to be a big deal for me
Wow, I thought the cutoff date was July 1, didn't realize it was the 6th (complete coincidence I ordered that day, bc I wasn't originally planning on delivery in NJ). Please keep me posted on how your pickup goes!

Is that correct that Tesla3 LR takes considerably longer (3 months, Nov expected delivery) compared to Performance (5-6 weeks)? Or these estimates are deadlines, and in reality delivery happens faster for LR?
I wouldn't expect it to be faster. Some people have ended up waiting longer than the original estimate.

There's probably more people waiting on a long range, so the queue is longer. And Tesla may slightly prioritize orders for the performance model to get people to buy the version that makes them the most money.

Reactions: arcaderehab
After almost a week of EDD Aug 31-Sept 19 I just got a this. Crying happy tears

Attachments

• 5AE39A3E-8131-48E3-B5CA-6FF2D9224AFE.jpeg
    5AE39A3E-8131-48E3-B5CA-6FF2D9224AFE.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 82