Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo I think I'm screwed. I just got delivery dates for next week and I'm going to be in Mexico. They told me I have two options:
1. Let my car get released and go to the BACK of the line to get a new one ("as if I ordered it today")
2. Transfer registration to another person, have them buy the car and then I transfer to myself.

This feels awful. Anyone hear anything else or other options?

Soooo I think I'm screwed. I just got delivery dates for next week and I'm going to be in Mexico. They told me I have two options:
1. Let my car get released and go to the BACK of the line to get a new one ("as if I ordered it today")
2. Transfer registration to another person, have them buy the car and then I transfer to myself.

From what i've heard, you aren't actually moved to the back of the line if you can't pick up in time. It might still be a few weeks before you get new VIN though.

I havent gotten the final payment option yet either, or an email at all for that matter.
So small update to this, I did get a text message today stating "TESLA URGENT" from their trade in team telling me to e-mail pictures of my most recent odometer and pictures of the front/back/sides/interior.

My documents section is now completed but the only two documents there is the original order agreement and the lemon law disclosure?! There isn't anything else like the MVPA or anything :O

Also haven't been prompted for final payment yet either.

Reactions: Bobo Tinker

Come home early / Go to Mexico late? Mostly joking. I know that's not a real solution.

If this thread has taught me anything it's what we're told by Tesla employees can vary widely based on who you talk to. It might be worth reaching out to Tesla again and seeing if you get a different response, while at the same time being prepared for the same "take it or wait" response. That's an awful response by Tesla but I guess it doesn't matter to them when they have so many people lining up to buy the car. I hope it all ends up working out for you.

Reactions: Tezlagorl
Come home early / Go to Mexico late? Mostly joking. I know that's not a real solution.

If this thread has taught me anything it's what we're told by Tesla employees can vary widely based on who you talk to. It might be worth reaching out to Tesla again and seeing if you get a different response, while at the same time being prepared for the same "take it or wait" response. That's an awful response by Tesla but I guess it doesn't matter to them when they have so many people lining up to buy the car. I hope it all ends up working out for you.
I agree, calling again and speaking to someone different could be helpful. My EDD is 8/19-8/23 right now. However I am going to be gone 8/22-8/27 for a business trip and then I am moving to a different state in September, so getting rematched for another VIN is not really an option for me. The first person I spoke to was able to give me a delivery time of when the car is arriving to the location I'm picking up from and a more narrowed delivery range. When I called again the person on the line did not even know when the car was arriving to the location.

The first person I spoke to also made notes to my account and told me that once the car arrives to the location I can try to work with them and sometimes they are able to hold the car. He also advised me to reply back when I get a text about the car but to NOT start scheduling because that is when the 72hr timer starts.

Hopefully we and everyone else can get their delivery smoothly 🤞!

• Helpful
Reactions: MagicMidnight
I agree, calling again and speaking to someone different could be helpful. My EDD is 8/19-8/23 right now. However I am going to be gone 8/22-8/27 for a business trip and then I am moving to a different state in September, so getting rematched for another VIN is not really an option for me. The first person I spoke to was able to give me a delivery time of when the car is arriving to the location I'm picking up from and a more narrowed delivery range. When I called again the person on the line did not even know when the car was arriving to the location.

The first person I spoke to also made notes to my account and told me that once the car arrives to the location I can try to work with them and sometimes they are able to hold the car. He also advised me to reply back when I get a text about the car but to NOT start scheduling because that is when the 72hr timer starts.

Hopefully we and everyone else can get their delivery smoothly 🤞!
Ugh I called back and got the same person LOL. I literally looked into pushing my trip back a day as she told me my delivery date was the same day my 8am flight is. Gonna cost me over $800 to move my flight and I miss a day of vacation. I think I'm just going to have to release it and get a new one :( my last ditch plan is to release it and rebuy when it hits inventory and hope that buys me an extra couple days. I literally only need 3 extra days and the whole parking lot is empty. I dont understand why this is such a problem :(

Ugh I called back and got the same person LOL. I literally looked into pushing my trip back a day as she told me my delivery date was the same day my 8am flight is. Gonna cost me over $800 to move my flight and I miss a day of vacation. I think I'm just going to have to release it and get a new one :( my last ditch plan is to release it and rebuy when it hits inventory and hope that buys me an extra couple days. I literally only need 3 extra days and the whole parking lot is empty. I dont understand why this is such a problem :(
That's awful. I'd be tempted to call in from a different phone. Maybe first thing on a weekend to try and increase the chance that you speak to someone else. And if you do get the same person either hang up or pretend you're a new customer and ask something quick like "If I order today, when could I expect my car?"

But if you've tried a few times and can't get anyone to do anything for you then yeah, I'd probably just tell them you can't make it and ask what they can do for you. Despite what they're saying, I'd be surprised if you went all the way to the back of the queue.

Did you buy before the latest price increase? If they release your car to inventory and you somehow manage to grab it then you'll have to cover that. It's stupid that they can't just hold for you for a few days. It's not like you're asking them to keep it on their lot for a month.

Okay UPDATE I texted my old SA at my previous delivery location in Brooklyn and hes helping! Moving my location back to Brooklyn from Long Island, monitoring delivery to hopefully get me the car on the 23rd ( a day earlier) and if not, they're making an exception and holding it for me until the 31st because I'm traveling internationally. Just paid and changed/uploaded insurance!! Cheers!!

I'm almost in the exact same boat as you! Been hard seeing the East coast guys getting VINS
I completely agree! Did your EDD move up today? Mine moved back to Aug 22 - Sept 4th. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't help but be excited. Really hope it gets delivered before next weekend as I have a weekend trip I'll be taking it would be pretty sweet if it came!

Delivery Update: Car is on train from CA to Denver Railyard then trucked down to Colorado Springs.

Delivery ETA: August 28th/29th.
Scheduled Delivery Appointment: Sept 1st.
Patiently watching the days go by….

Easily switched from Cash to finance to wrap up the $$ side.

Tesla EDD Aug 21- Aug 27.

Home stretch, garage is ready!
98C43EB4-DF24-4DDC-AD13-2D57A65D4458.jpeg
A474EA5A-CA1B-4403-ADCA-028BAA2F272F.jpeg

I completely agree! Did your EDD move up today? Mine moved back to Aug 22 - Sept 4th. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't help but be excited. Really hope it gets delivered before next weekend as I have a weekend trip I'll be taking it would be pretty sweet if it came!
Nah mine has stayed rock solid at 08/24 - 09-13. No shortening of the range, no VIN for me

Ordered 07/02

Nah mine has stayed rock solid at 08/24 - 09-13. No shortening of the range, no VIN for me

Ordered 07/02
you have got to be coming up soon... and i sure hope you are on the late end of the 7/2 orders... really does seem a bit like a lottery .... im a 7/29 order so if i get mine 27 days after you i guess it's not too bad ... hoping you get a VIN in the next couple of days!!