Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else in socal in my boat? 7/7 order, everything done on same day. LRAWD, aero, white/black interior, showing 8/23-9/12 for the last week without any updates. No SA either.
I ordered mine (same spec as you) on July 13th.
got my VIN last Thursday (August 19th) and am scheduled to take delivery Sept 3rd.
So 52 days from start to finish (if all goes well for delivery).
mom in NJ, so it seems easy coasters are getting theirs sooner than west coast ppl.
I hope you get yours soon.

Thu Aug 26th, two days from now, is officially the "11 week" mark from when I ordered and also the start of my current EDD, which spans Aug 26-Sept 1. Interestingly, I have not received any contact from my SA despite my EDD being as soon as 2 days away. Had I not stopped by the store last week and learned my car will arrive in STL on 08/29 and be ready for pick-up 08/31-09/02 I would be very confused right now.

Current time since order is 76 days. Looking like it will be 84 days from order to delivery. At this rate I forget what it is like to drive one.

EDD_Tracker.png

Here’s an interesting situation:

Currently AD military in TX. My home of record is SC. I want to register in SC with a delivery in TX.

I was told by SAs on the phone about how “ohhhh it’s impossible and can’t be done” and of course the usual “we will email you when I reach out to a manager” which they never did. I went to the store and they told me that as long as I have a temporary plate from SC that we would be good to go!

My registrant address on my account is SC, but I confirmed my delivery is in TX. Ordered 7/30 and have an EDD of 9/11-9/30. Nothing updated since 8/7.
Specs are Red/Black with 18” wheels, no FSD

Just booked my appointment for September 1. The text I got says that the insurance should start 4 days before pickup. Anyone in NJ have experience with this? Does it really need to be four or more days before pickup? Or does it just need to be effective any day before pickup?

It's crazy how different everyone's experience has been with the Tesla ordering process. So I placed my M3 LR AWD Black/Black, 19" wheels order on 8/3. Approved financing through Tesla (Wells Fargo), no trade. From the very beginning my EDD was 9/8 - 9/30. About a week later it updated to 9/1 - 9/21 and stayed that way ever since yesterday. Yesterday I decided to upload my existing proof of insurance policy that lists my wife's vehicle without the M3 since I hadn't yet received my VIN. Then voilaaaa... logged in this morning and have my VIN! EDD updated to 9/1 - 9/7. There's clearly something to uploading proof of insurance.

Last edited: