Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must be a good day for VIN's, got an email at 4.24am!!!!! Signed the Vison agreement and BAM! There it was - Ordered 7/31 - VIN 8/27 EDD 9/7 - 9/13
The email also said my lease agreement was ready for review but it still wont let me click on it, anyone else had this happen???
That’s really interesting! Any specs on yours? I ordered 7/30 and have a 9/11-9/30 time frame.

What was your estimate when you ordered?

In my experience, EDDs can shift quite a bit to the right for a day or two and then shift back. Now if your original estimate was "November" then maybe the new EDD is correct.
It was October but we've seen lots of people ordering July that are getting them in September. Really strange stuff. I might just call to figure it out lol

It might just be the white interiors. Ugh, it's a curse. I see we are only 2 days apart in order date.

The mindset I am trying to keep is that waiting a little longer to be able to enjoy years worth of the sexy white interior will be worth it. 🥲
Yeah might just be the White Interior... But it will be worth the wait I'm sure. Also kinda wish I went with Blue, too late to change now

Per an SA I talked to yesterday, I was supposed to get my VIN yesterday, with my car tentatively planned to be at the delivery location on the 10th. She also changed me from pickup to home delivery.

Home (carrier) delivery now shows up on my order info, but my EDD has vanished, and I have no VIN.

Starting to get a bit frustrated with this, especially since my EDD was getting close and my financing window is closing.

E382DD2A-BEA4-49DA-80B9-41BB415E2451.jpeg

My car is here! Checked the VIN. Kind of scary, it’s just sitting in a parking lot next to the service center. Anyone can access about 70 Teslas. Pickup is Monday!

EDD hell is also partly lottery. Some people get pretty lucky and pick up someone else's canceled order. I have heard of people ordering in August getting their VINs and some people in May still waiting. The variance is wild.
Yeah the people waiting since MAY is the part that worries me. I know last time around it finally took me calling the SC and telling them I was open to other configs, calling every other day to try to get matched. It was kind of a pain. I'm trying to avoid doing the legwork this time around.

Mods, please move if this is the wrong section for this.

I have an existing order at the $1k lower price, MSM/black/aeros/No FSD that I won't be using (if you change the config, I believe you have to pay the current price). This happened bc I had to place a new order to get rebate eligibility, then they transferred the VIN over.

Delivery was setup for NJ but could obviously be switched, please DM me if anyone is interested. Would ask that you pay me the $250 order fee, just trying to recoup what I lost in having to reorder.

Swung by lot to see it as it was just off the truck. Pickup tomorrow morning! Can’t wait to see it all cleaned up. Manufacture date was 8/16, same day I received VIN notification

Goes in next Tuesday for Full Front PPF and some tint. Ordered accessories will now have a place to go.

7BCF2675-D206-4727-927C-93AF8BA8149E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah might just be the White Interior... But it will be worth the wait I'm sure. Also kinda wish I went with Blue, too late to change now
Someone from Delaware just posted that they got their VIN. Black interior, of course. Stay strong.

Wrapping the car is definitely an option if you still want that color change. Tesla's paint is said to be quite soft so some people just save the $1000-$2000 for paint and get it wrapped instead!

Reactions: DrIvan
Ladies, Gents, squirrels and sharks I'm pleased to say I'm now a proud owner of a Model 3 :D

Basically had contactless pickup at the Springfield NJ location and my car was in the front of the "line" of all the cars getting picked up this morning. Saw no major issues and forgot how much fun it is to drive the darn thing! First time I had human contact with a Tesla employee was to drop off the paperwork and had a bit of joking going around with him and another new owner that was front of me; great way to end my experience with getting the car.