Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's here!!!! Home delivery went mostly smooth. The only build quality/QC complaints I'd have is they still cant figure out how to put a seal on straight on the rear driver side door, and the rear door handles are definitely more sunken in than the front ones. To be honest, not sure if its worth dealing with service just for those things. There was also tape behind left on the tops of the B pillars in my car. Otherwise, all the panels and stuff line up properly. I know the waiting SUCKS, but I echo everyone else's sentiments that have taken delivery already...the wait is worth it.

I've already almost given myself whiplash from mashing the accelerator too hard 😂. Also bonus points if you get the name reference.
Model 3.jpg

It's here!!!! Home delivery went mostly smooth. The only build quality/QC complaints I'd have is they still cant figure out how to put a seal on straight on the rear driver side door, and the rear door handles are definitely more sunken in than the front ones. To be honest, not sure if its worth dealing with service just for those things. There was also tape behind left on the tops of the B pillars in my car. Otherwise, all the panels and stuff line up properly. I know the waiting SUCKS, but I echo everyone else's sentiments that have taken delivery already...the wait is worth it.

I've already almost given myself whiplash from mashing the accelerator too hard 😂. Also bonus points if you get the name reference.
When I applied for the loan, I first was matched with Wells Fargo, 6 yrs at 2.49%. Had a bad experience with them in the past, absolutely refuse to do business with them. If you send an email to [email protected] you can request to match you with a loan at JPMorgan Chase. They'll rate match you, also. Ended with 1.24% 72 months beating loan offer from DCU at 65 months
Yea I’m doing the DCU thing right now. Was going to just pay cash but at 1.24% I think I’ll keep my cash and finance 40k or so. I thought the DCU deal was 1.24 at 65 months though….how’d you get 72?

When I applied for the loan, I first was matched with Wells Fargo, 6 yrs at 2.49%. Had a bad experience with them in the past, absolutely refuse to do business with them. If you send an email to [email protected] you can request to match you with a loan at JPMorgan Chase. They'll rate match you, also. Ended with 1.24% 72 months beating loan offer from DCU at 65 months
You asked them to give you a Chase loan instead of Wells Fargo basically? Was it the same rate at 2.49%?

You asked them to give you a Chase loan instead of Wells Fargo basically? Was it the same rate at 2.49%?
Originally I asked for a switch with another bank, preferably Chase. The change from Wells Fargo to Chase at 2.49% was done immediately.

The following day I sent a separate email with a copy of the loan agreement documents DCU had sent for review to [email protected] simply asking if Chase could match the offer. Instead of 65 months, they gave me 72 months as 1.24%.

I've already almost given myself whiplash from mashing the accelerator too hard 😂. Also bonus points if you get the name reference. View attachment 704200
With Tesla you've got the warp drive covered... You just don't have all the knobs, switches, and joystick.

Reactions: jrmt23
Well I'll be darned! I took your advice and emailed [email protected] asking if they could switch me from Wells Fargo to Chase even though my delivery date is less than a week away. Received a response from them within hours that Chase approved me for the same exact terms (albeit the 2.49% rate, not that nicer rate you got them to match). The lender change showed up on my account that I had to approve and gave me the option to put even more money down if desired, which I went ahead and did. Thank you!!

So I ordered Model 3 LR in Blue because I thought I would not get it until November. I have not even test drove one yet, since there is not a Tesla center in South Carolina. The nearest one to me is Charlotte NC which is about 1.5 hrs away from Greenville SC. Telsa is now saying September and wanting my full payment since the VIN was issued to me yesterday. I have not heard from anyone at all from Telsla (which might be normal). I am not really wanting this car so soon. So what do I do? How do you pause your order or delay it?
What was order date?

I'm supposed to get home delivery this afternoon...the pessimist in me is worried something is going to go wrong, but i'm trying to be positive lol.
I was pretty cautious going into the delivery center as well (had a whole inspection checklist I meticulously ran through), but it all worked out; just an update on the recessed handles I already have a service appointment set up for it so as minor as it was Tesla's willing to take care of it.

Just saw you took delivery, hopefully all is well. Enjoy the car, I sure am!

Last edited:
Guys. This is a real story of my experience with Customer Service from the Tesla factory delivery today. Don't get me wrong. I still believe Elon and his company do make great products and making improvements to humankind.

(I placed my online order on 7/6/21, Finance offer 2.50% accepted with Chase, plus trade-in my 2020 Civic Si(offer $24500.00, accepted on 8/16/2021).

8/31/2021- Morning. I had received a call from Tesla factory delivery about the delivery will be on 9/2/2021 and asked my preference to pick up in the morning or afternoon. I choose the afternoon and confirm the document needs and the trade-in process. Great news, happy boy for the rest of the day.
8/31/2021- Evening Tesla calls again. They state that the title status is unclear. They can't take my trade-in. Then I made calls to the current loan institution to find out what's going on. However, it is an east coast bank. Not able to do anything until the next day 6 am.

9/1/2021 - Morning. I called the bank, got the evidence of the DMV document, and sent it toTesla to keep the same delivery schedule.
9/1/2021- 11 am Tesla return my call; they claim that they can't take my trade-in, the car title still unclear, and I said I have to make some phone calls to find out whats was going on. That Customer service lady was fuxking pushing and pushing like, "you can't hold or reschedule the delivery, once you hold, you will back to the line for the next delivery batch. . Then she keeps saying either pay the final with cash or sell my car somewhere else, and never give me a minute to find out what the hell is going on. She did really made me angry on the phone, what a bitxh!!
Then I asked her why Tesla just telling me they can't take the trade-in at the last minute, why not 2 months or 2 weeks ago? The offer was accepted. And I had 2 month waited. She replies I didn't expect the title is unclear from your current loan institution. Then she fuxking push again, "so will you pay the remaining amount with cash or check payment to keep the schedule, or we can't hold the call for too long."

Then I decided to go back to the line and wait for the next delivery until my bank figure out what's going with my title status.

Sorry for the long story guys, the customer service from Tesla I had an experience today just messed up my mood. I guess I m overestimated the talent and the level of customer service that Tesla had.

For any future Tesla owner, if planning to do a trade-in, please confirm the document by yourself. These intelligent Customer Service agents or Loan officers are clicking machines. They don't even look at the terms and conditions until the last minute. Good luck Guys.

Last edited:

I've already almost given myself whiplash from mashing the accelerator too hard 😂. Also bonus points if you get the name reference. View attachment 704200
Get the nitpicky things dealt with. I’m having my rear door handles and a couple of other things fixed this morning after taking delivery just 5 days ago. This is not an inexpensive car and you should have it as close to perfect as possible.
Also, congratulations!!

So I ordered Model 3 LR in Blue because I thought I would not get it until November. I have not even test drove one yet, since there is not a Tesla center in South Carolina. The nearest one to me is Charlotte NC which is about 1.5 hrs away from Greenville SC. Telsa is now saying September and wanting my full payment since the VIN was issued to me yesterday. I have not heard from anyone at all from Telsla (which might be normal). I am not really wanting this car so soon. So what do I do? How do you pause your order or delay it?
Call the Charlotte SC. I have read that they will usually give you up to 5 days to accept or they put you back at the end of the list. Just observations. Not necessarily what they do. Looks like each SC varies in how they approach.