Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took Delivery on Friday in Charlotte. Wait at the showroom was 45 min, came in and the car was not charged and I'm pretty sure they were still removing the protection wraps as they were a few little fresh adhesive spots.
Otherwise 10/10.. Flawless car, have only found 1 small issue which seems to be very common (I looked at 6 different model 3 on the parking lot and they all had it) - an uneven gap on the passenger side between the pillar and the window.

Pics to come, having too much fun driving around didn't take any pics lol

A workshop? Lol.

Or just…deliver the car.
I got one of those a while back. RSVP'd but couldn't make it that day at the last minute. I was hoping that would not delay my delivery, and it didn't seem to. I did get a second invite for the one on Friday.

It was just a guided video watching session. The only value I saw was that during the session they had folks answering all your questions in chat. There were a few good Q/As from folks, and you can ask any super-specific questions you might have. I was on my phone, so I stayed on the chat side to read the thread, but if you join from a laptop, you can watch the videos and read the chat. It's a Teams Live event, if you are familiar with Teams.

Question - Which page will I see the VIN on when one is assigned to me? is it on the account home page or this same page where I have the next steps listed out? Also, will I receive an email when a VIN is assigned?

Appreciate all your help! Thanks in advance.
This confused me too. Mine is on the page showing my car and Next Steps/Completed Tasks. It is on the right just below and in the same font as the RN number (I know that is redundant).

To expand on my experience (my delivery day is tomorrow). My SA sent me a message when I first created an account to try and get a test drive. I have not heard anything from his since even though I have sent him 2 or 3 questions. The folks at the "store" in the mall where I went for my test drive were very helpful and responsive (they confirmed who my SA was).

I never received an invitation for a workshop or any other meeting; virtual or IRL.

I did not receive any notice when my VIN was assigned. I received both a text and email message to schedule my delivery and went to check on my account and saw the VIN.

Happy birthday to me! Picked up my car earlier today. No paint or gap issues. Only issue I could find was a thin line of glue near the headliner. The Decatur location was very busy, but the staff was great. Had a safety alert come on as I was about to drive away and they immediately took it back and replaced the sensor.

Thanks again to everyone that helped keep me sane through this process!

Picked up today from Charlotte and did a pretty thorough inspection there and once I got back home.

Pros:
  • No major panel gaps
  • Trunk alignment is fine; opens and shuts properly
  • Paint looks great
  • Glass looks set properly
  • Car was clean and only had 10 miles on the odometer (August build date)
  • Pickup process was quick and easy
  • Nothing I'm really concerned with overall
Cons:
  • Sticky residue from the protective wrap still on the trim in lots of areas
  • Left taillight has a slightly bigger gap than right where trunk closes
  • Both rear door handles are slightly recessed
  • One spot of the interior rubber door trim is coming off or "warped" and isn't seated properly (SA said this happens in heat and they can "reset" it but it may happen again in the heat)
  • Driver's seat is very close to the center console; passenger's seat has a (relatively) bigger gap. Driver seat *may* rub ever so slightly against the center console if you move the seat all the way up and then all the way back. I sit pretty far back so it's not an issue anyways. Tesla must be off a few centimeters when they put the seats in.

Since I live 3.5 hrs roundtrip from the service center, I decided none of this was really worth scheduling an appt for, driving there, waiting, and driving back. Most of it I'm pretty certain I probably wouldn't have noticed or looked for had I not known about these "issues" beforehand from reading these forums. And even if I did notice them I still don't see myself driving all the way back and wasting my time for these minor things. If I lived 15 min from a service center sure maybe I would schedule an appt for it just for kicks to make it "perfect."

There is definitely phantom breaking still occurring; happened 3 separate times on my 2 hr scenic route back. It can be pretty unsettling when you're going 80 mph in Autopilot and your car just slams on the brakes and starts alerting you. You really have to just hit the accelerator quickly and "steer" out of it. Luckily no one was behind me or around. Doesn't seem to be a real reason for what the car saw on a perfect 85 degree sunny day.

Love the car; don't regret anything!

Woot.... Picked up my car today... They called me while driving to Nashville to scare the crap out of me... Told me there was damage to the front nose section. Had to replace it (apparently they had a spare) while I was driving there. Took an extra hour while they replaced it and re-detailed it to make sure it was perfect and it was... Got the FSD packages so after the trade-in I let it drive me back home (not really but close enough).

Did anyone update their color rather close to the EDD window? Does it put you in the back of the queue for sure?
I ordered my M3LR in blue on 8/18, updated the color to white on 8/29, My EDD at the time before 8/29 was 9/13-9/30 and now its 9/18-9/30. So I don't think it sends you all the way into the last spot, they may delay your order a bit but not by much.

Reactions: Freds88
Hello Everyone,
New to here, have been reading through the posts, fun time!
M3LR, Whiter exterior and Black interior
Placed Order on 8/12 at Newport Beach CA
Received email from my SA on 8/14
Initially I thought my EDD is going to be November, but when I checked my tesla account it gives me EDD 9/15 to 9/30.
I was excited so I emailed my SA to ask if I should finish financing information on 8/17…
No reply to this day. I figure the tesla account should be trustworthy so I finished my finacing infor. Only question I have is since my SA is not responding, does it mater? Or should I ask to have my SA replaced?
thanks!

Reactions: c00sebookpro
Many people have had the same experience with their SA as you. No worries. You should get your financing done ASAP. I really doubt you will get by end of the month but you never know. I do know that Tesla try to push out as many cars as possible by the end of the quarter. However, your status will not move if you don’t finish the next step, which is the financial part. Good luck.

Reactions: Extant
Many people have had the same experience with their SA as you. No worries. You should get your financing done ASAP. I really doubt you will get by end of the month but you never know. I do know that Tesla try to push out as many cars as possible by the end of the quarter. However, your status will not move if you don’t finish the next step, which is the financial part. Good luck.
The SA varies widely. My wife and I went to the SC in Colma, CA and did an overnight test drive. Our SA basically did the order for us the next day. She responds to email inquiries same day and has been very helpful.
Some posters have said they did not interact with a human throughout the entire process.