Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my White M3 LR on 9/5, let the wait begin. I have a couple of questions. My advisor said that my car will be a November car which seem unlikely after reading this thread. Anyone know if it will be a 2022 car? Also, if you finance with Tesla is the rate usually competitive?

I ordered my White M3 LR on 9/5, let the wait begin. I have a couple of questions. My advisor said that my car will be a November car which seem unlikely after reading this thread. Anyone know if it will be a 2022 car? Also, if you finance with Tesla is the rate usually competitive?
Tesla assigns a year model to cars based on when they are built. You get a 2022 year model if it's built in year 2022. Don't get confused by what other car makers have done over the years, basically releasing and selling the next year's model months in advance. Tesla doesn't base their refreshes or features added specific to the year model. They might just decide next month to add a self-aware artificial intelligence, and if it ran completed through the production line in December of 2021, it would still be a 2021 model.

As far as it being a November car, I think that's par for the course. I ordered 8/9, got a VIN today, estimated delivery is the 9/16 - 9/26. So, if you ordered on 9/5, I'd expect either end of Oct, or early Nov. And, Tesla Finance is only competitive if you think 2.49% is competitive. They will however match a rate you get from other lenders, however you have to go through the full lending process. See this link: Best Rate Guarantee

I am doing 3rd party financing with my CU. It seems like white interior does it or does blue exterior may add to it. There was a large drop of cars here in STL this past weekend and almost every one of them was white.
Ok, I financed through Tesla so I thought I would have to renew my loan agreement or something. My first configuration of my M3 was Blue with White but then switched to White and White. Just saw my EDD get slightly delayed and more concise.

Last edited:
I have had Geico for over 20 years and they have been good to me BUT their rates for Model 3s and Ys are way high. We are switching to Progressive when we take delivery of out Model 3. Their quote was like $800 less a year than if I added my Model 3 to my Geico policy, with the same deductibles and coverage. (I have had no accidents or tickets in many many years and am in my late 40s so I'm not sure why the rates would go so high.)
I’m also with Geico. When I first called , they said extra $2k per year for my model 3 Performance. Then I asked what if we cancel current policy and start with a brand new quote. The lady tried it and my insurance went up only by $60 a month. So it’s worth a try to ask them to run a brand new quote (as in brand new policy)

And here we go. VIN assigned at 0720 PAC. Delivery window 8-12 September.

7/19 Bay Area order. Seems kind of surreal at this point. Be really cool to get the car for the weekend.
Hopefully I'm in the next batch. I ordered the day after you, also west coast delivery. No VIN yet this morning, and EDD is still 09/15 - 09/30 (hasn't changed in weeks).

Maybe Bullwinkle will be right later today: "this time fer sure!".

Reactions: CJFulcrum
I finally ordered a model 3 LR AWD stock and white yesterday after debating waiting for an Audi or some SUV. but I realized as a single guy with a small dog I don’t really need an SUV and the 3 looks slick and Tesla’s are great for a tech nerd like me

anyway, I got my VIN within hours and delivery estimate changed from November to sept 18-24! How exciting! Ohio here.