Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, California insurance is absurd! My policy with Farmer's in Texas will almost double from my current Volt to the M3LR. Except by double I mean I go from $300 every 6 months to $600 every 6 months. I couldn't even imagine paying $2000+ per year for insurance on ONE VEHICLE. I mean, our annual home insurance isn't even that much, and it cost a hell of a lot more than $50k! OUCH! :eek:

omg! I thought my insurance was absurd! I feel fortunate to only be paying 721 every 6 months.
Yeah it’s pretty bad, but there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t see an accident on the road. I do want to say that I have a good amount of coverage, but my 18 BMW M3 was about $200 less per 6 months and my motorcycle is also cheaper than the Tesla to insure so it seems that Tesla’s are just expensive to repair / have high labor cost.

I can't access my car manage page since a few minutues ago. It worked fine an hour ago and I'm able to access other webpage on Tesla. Does that mean something is happening with my order? I hope there is good news after several hrs.! Ordered 7/26. Location Bayarea no vin yet
I ordered 7/19 from Colma and got a VIN/delivery date yesterday. Hopefully, you see a VIN soon.

Wow, California insurance is absurd! My policy with Farmer's in Texas will almost double from my current Volt to the M3LR. Except by double I mean I go from $300 every 6 months to $600 every 6 months. I couldn't even imagine paying $2000+ per year for insurance on ONE VEHICLE. I mean, our annual home insurance isn't even that much, and it cost a hell of a lot more than $50k! OUCH! :eek:
It also costs 4.99 a gallon for regular unleaded in San Francisco as of this morning.

That’s more expensive than AVGAS in a lot of places. I’m getting $1200ish a year for my M3 through USAA.

Reactions: DirtyDan
I got my VIN on Tuesday and my delivery window is tomorrow, Sept 10 - Sunday, Sept 12. I haven't heard anything from Tesla about scheduling pick-up.

My husband has been saying I shouldn't call but after reading this I might go ahead and call, haha! I want my M3 already!
Definitely call! They have nothing else to do!

I’ll be taking my M3 to Ventura for work next month. If you guys see a blue M3, wave!

• Funny
Reactions: CJFulcrum
Definitely call! They have nothing else to do!

I’ll be taking my M3 to Ventura for work next month. If you guys see a blue M3, wave!
I actually called earlier and they didn't pick-up so I sent a brief text. About 30 minutes ago I got the call and scheduled pick-up for tomorrow at 5pm!

We'll be on the lookout, haha!

If you see a white M3 accidentally driving like a butthole, that's most likely me because I'm not use to driving a fast(ish) car! LOL but please feel free to wave as well!

PROGRESS!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 4.41.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 4.41.47 PM.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: firewa11
Some of these early deliveries I am seeing here are giving me some hope... I ordered a blue M3 LR with FSD last night and the EDD is 11/10-12/10. My metallic silver 2018 LR DM was in an accident last month, and State Farm is considering totaling it. So I decided to hop in the queue and cancel the order later if my car does end up getting repaired. Used prices are outrageous out there: 2018's are selling for just one or two thousand below the price of a new 2021, and most 2019s and 2020s I see are more than a new one. So, I decided to bite the bullet and wait for a refreshed 2021 with better range, etc.

Reactions: ArturoM and tstolze