Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought this was interesting,

Previously on my order it was displaying,

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Message below EDD now,

"Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned."

This makes me think that certain parts (Aero wheels and paint) are limiting deliveries.
good catch - my wording changed as well, as did the EDD from 10/28-11/27 to 11/12-12/6. Black/Black/Aero

Thought this was interesting,

Previously on my order it was displaying,

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Message below EDD now,

"Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned."

This makes me think that certain parts (Aero wheels and paint) are limiting deliveries.
wonder what this means... good catch.

Add me to the list of people now glued to this news. Put in my order just yesterday thinking I could hit the sweet spot of the May 2021 retroactive dates (obviously didn’t get the news in time) and have an EDD: December 15-31. I reached out to my contact to ask about pushing back delivery until 2022 or just not accepting delivery until my 30 day window is almost up, but will have to wait until middle of next week to hear back.

I really am torn between eating the $250 and ordering in the new year or hoping and praying while refreshing the news hourly for an update.

For anyone wanting to defer until the tax credit (assuming it passes): I was able to put my order on hold until January by just calling my local Tesla store, it was very easy. It immediately showed up on my account and there’s a button to say I’m now ready. I had not gotten a VIN yet and my delivery window was Nov 2-28 I think (ordered 10/3).

I suck at phone calls though so I forgot to ask about what happens if the price goes up in the meantime…

Did they said how it works when you click you're ready? Does that put you at the back of the que or are you next in line for a vehicle?

Reactions: Paul4343 and xPETEx
Curious about this as well
I emailed my SA today and this was the reply.

That is fine, we can make sure you do not receive a vehicle until 2022. You will not go to the back of the build queue. You will keep your spot in the queue and wait for the next round of shipments we receive. Orders are prioritized based on configuration, order date, and your geographic location. I expect you to receive a vehicle by April or May if we wait for a 2022 delivery. You very well could receive a vehicle by March. We'll just need to monitor your account to see. For now, I've input that you're paying cash. We will edit your account to apply for financing once we get closer to your vehicle's delivery.

That is fine, we can make sure you do not receive a vehicle until 2022. You will not go to the back of the build queue. You will keep your spot in the queue and wait for the next round of shipments we receive. Orders are prioritized based on configuration, order date, and your geographic location. I expect you to receive a vehicle by April or May if we wait for a 2022 delivery. You very well could receive a vehicle by March. We'll just need to monitor your account to see. For now, I've input that you're paying cash. We will edit your account to apply for financing once we get closer to your vehicle's delivery.
Interesting. And what was your original EDD?

Reactions: Paul4343

Is that for a SR?

12/8-12/31. I ordered it last night.

I'm wondering if you can maybe take your account off hold at the end of November or sometime in December, to get your vehicle in 2022 but not have to wait till March/April like they told you. Guess you run the chance they find you a vehicle right away (or quickly with all the people holding off) and you have to deny it until the new year.

Reactions: xPETEx and BnGrm
Did they said how it works when you click you're ready? Does that put you at the back of the que or are you next in line for a vehicle?
I forgot to ask (I become an idiot on the phone for some reason). I’m planning to call again Monday, if anyone can think of any other good things to ask (I’ll write them down so as to avoid phone idiocy again). Or if anybody wants to call themselves, it was the Tesla store in Burlingame, CA and the guy seemed very nice and competent.

Reactions: Paul4343