Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I wait for my M3 LR, I finally got to test drive one. Other than the incredible speed, I have to be honest and say I am not terribly impressed. The ride was not that great, and the interior felt a bit cheap to me. Now, I do understand that there is a learning curve with this type of technology and car so I am taking that into consideration. I ordered this car for my wife so obviously I will let her decide but she was not able to go with me on the first test drive. Tesla has scheduled another test drive for us and will be letting us keep it overnight. I am not bashing the car, I just had different expectations I think.
I think its important to remember the model 3 is just a car at the end of the day, and for the price what you lose in interior quality and ride quality, you gain in tech and electric efficiency. The interior is cheap, there are some quality issues (paint, gaps, etc) but as of right now its still the best all around electric package you can get when it comes to range, performance, and efficiency.

On forums like these you'll see a lot of people saying the model 3 is the best car ever made, best this best that, but its important to stay objective and appreciate the things Tesla does do great, while acknowledging the shortcomings.

C5F03E8A-8A98-4910-BA72-4D50B6737536.png
Tesla just raised prices $1k on both the base and LR AWD (again). Also silver is now a second free paint option. Congrats to all with orders already in!

Reactions: SSFC
As I wait for my M3 LR, I finally got to test drive one. Other than the incredible speed, I have to be honest and say I am not terribly impressed. The ride was not that great, and the interior felt a bit cheap to me. Now, I do understand that there is a learning curve with this type of technology and car so I am taking that into consideration. I ordered this car for my wife so obviously I will let her decide but she was not able to go with me on the first test drive. Tesla has scheduled another test drive for us and will be letting us keep it overnight. I am not bashing the car, I just had different expectations I think.
When we did our test drive, the settings under drive had been all tweaked to hell. If you haven't, I'd go in and set them to chill/standard regen/hold braking or whatever combination you want. Besides the speed, which we also noticed, was how the car stayed flat and stable in turns (pretty much like it was on rails) compared pretty much ever other car we test drove. I can see why some folks who like the car to under/over steer a bit don't like it, as it didn't want to lose control on me. Not sure if Ice/snow is a concern, but it was one of the things that pushed us towards the AWD version as well (but there are plenty of awd ice cars as well).

Watching WhamBaamTeslacam on youtube, one thing that we've noticed is the lack of flipping for the model 3. (or tesla's in general). Lots of crazy crashes, and expensive repair prices, but the people seem to come out okay on the other side after horrific impacts.

All that said, it's not for everyone :) We've had digital driving gauges for a while, but I think the model 3 is the first car i've drive that I consider a true "glass cockpit" with that display.

Reactions: FiteFire
Like 5 m3lr just landed in the Tampa inventory. If anyone wants to pay transport fee and try to grab one. All seem to be locked in for FSD but I’m sure you can take it off to avoid the price increase. Hopefully someone here grabs one. I’m not trying to pay an extra 1k since I got in before todays price increase but if anyones itching that bad for it, figured I would Let y’all know.