Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my VIN and vision agreement today!!
M3LR Black/White/Aero/no FSD
Sparks, NV Delivery
OD 10/13
Original EDD 11/26-12/24
11/13: 11/18-12/2
Now: 11/24-11/28

I thought about putting it on hold first to wait and see how the BBB will play out. But seeing the amount of ppl on queue I say screw it. Accept the car and enjoy it! Once they get the 4680 version in production then I’ll just upgrade. Hopefully battery prices gets cheaper around that time and have the tax credits as well! (if ever it’ll pass)

Mine is coming in at 350/mo, which is crazy. My 5 series was ~150 and my partner just purchased a new SUV and is paying ~100. I just gotta call them. I’ll also try Costco insurance, I’m seeing good things about them as well.
I pay 150 for my 3series in the Bay Area with AAA
AAA quoted me 175 for M3 (phone call)
Geico 240 (online)
State Farm 420 (online) 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: drdumont and Arrax
After refreshing incessantly and obsessively all weekend, I woke up at 6am to the vision and VIN update (did not get any notification). EDD shortened as well.

I tried to do an automated insurance quote w GEICO (my current insurance) via the app, but it was astronomical, so I’m gonna just call them when they open.

Paramus,NJ
Order date: 10/23/2021
3LR, WHT/WHT, AERO no FSD
EDD 12/7-12/31, no VIN.
11/22 EDD 12/3-12/9
Not to get this thread too far off topic - but I also have Geico and was shocked at the ludicrous quote they gave me last night. An increase of $1800 for 6 months! Granted, I'm adding a 3rd car to the policy, but an increase that triples what I'm currently paying for my 2 ICE Honda's is insane. I will call them today as well, but from what I've read elsewhere they're not likely to budge and happy to let you walk.

I ran a quote through Progressive last night and found them significantly cheaper with the same coverages. The caveat is their online tool doesn't recognize a 2022 M3 as a valid vehicle yet, so I quoted a 2021.

Reactions: ReeseyCup
Mine is coming in at 350/mo, which is crazy. My 5 series was ~150 and my partner just purchased a new SUV and is paying ~100. I just gotta call them. I’ll also try Costco insurance, I’m seeing good things about them as well.
That is high. I just added my M3LR (Paramus pickup) to my policy and it's $92/month for that car. Ohio Mutual (through my local insurance agent).

'21 Honda Pilot and the Tesla and I are $1,881/year. That's with my deductible upped to $1000 (was $500).

Not to get this thread too far off topic - but I also have Geico and was shocked at the ludicrous quote they gave me last night. An increase of $1800 for 6 months! Granted, I'm adding a 3rd car to the policy, but an increase that triples what I'm currently paying for my 2 ICE Honda's is insane. I will call them today as well, but from what I've read elsewhere they're not likely to budge and happy to let you walk.

I ran a quote through Progressive last night and found them significantly cheaper with the same coverages. The caveat is their online tool doesn't recognize a 2022 M3 as a valid vehicle yet, so I quoted a 2021.
Wow...I figured maybe my insurance quote experience was some kind of fluke/edge case, but it seems that it was very similar for most others.

Geico quoted me somewhere around $300/month IIRC, while Progressive quoted about $108/month for better coverage. I also was only able to select Model Y for 2022 with the online tool, but I just called them and they were able to set it to 2022 Model 3 for me. Only raised the premium by like $2/month.

Wow...I figured maybe my insurance quote experience was some kind of fluke/edge case, but it seems that it was very similar for most others.

Geico quoted me somewhere around $300/month IIRC, while Progressive quoted about $108/month for better coverage. I also was only able to select Model Y for 2022 with the online tool, but I just called them and they were able to set it to 2022 Model 3 for me. Only raised the premium by like $2/month.
WOW - I tried the Progressive tool and it came in right around where GEICO is for me - $240/month for a 2021 Lexus RX and the 2022 Model 3 with $1K deductibles

OD: 10/23 (Switched from P to LR on 10/24)
EDD: 11/22-12/20
EDD (11/16): 11/30-12/12
EDD (11/20): 12/04-12/08

11/20: Received Vision Agreement and VIN in MVPA but not in source code or order page.
11/21: Made Wire payment to completely pay off the vehicle. (I regret doing this so much. Wish i did a certified cheque and gave it on delivery day). Paid $50 to send it, only in hopes that they might process mine faster.

Called dealership, they said car is made, probably already on a truck. But Dec 4th works for me, Sat, and i can spend the day getting winter tires (Ice-X from Costco) installed. Get my tints etc and spend the day adding my 500 accessories.

Reactions: Renoir and Arrax
Just got a Vin 11/22
OD: 10/25
1st EDD: Nov 30-Dec 28
2nd EDD (11/14) : Nov 29- Dec 13
Current EDD now (11/22/): Dec 3-9
Southern Ohio

The app had me accept Tesla Vision and update insurance, everything else is still grayed out and still says building car lol
Congrats - I'm still confused on the Vision agreement, I've had a VIN and EDD of 11/23 - 11/29 for 2 weeks and have yet to see the vision agreement. Since the delivery dates starts tomorrow I'm fully expecting to see a pushed out date

Just looked up my policy details for my '21 Model 3 SR+ and '19 Honda Pilot. For the wife and I, 6 months of insurance (100/300/50k coverage) runs $200 for the Pilot and $371 for the Model 3. And I boosted the collision deductible to $1k for the 3 ($500 for Pilot). I'd assume the LR 3 would be a little more due to higher sticker price.

Called geico, got it to 280, called Costco and got it to 180, so I’m set. They asked what the effective date should be, I gave them the first date of my EDD, but I’ll call my SA and confirm if that is right.

It feels like geico doesn’t want to insure teslas. They have always been the cheapest option for me, but those numbers are wild. The sales rep mentioned “battery and repair parts cost” and I said nothing. THERE IS NO ICE. But hey, I digress. I’m happy with my new company.

Can’t wait to accept delivery!

Wonder what % of people that put in an order recently decided to put their orders on hold till 2022.
Based on two or three threads here I think there will be quite a bit who are not in a hurry right now and can wait until 2022 for the potential EV credit. Though I must say there are also some who were not aware of the EV credit at all. I had to remind a friend of mine who just recently ordered that there is this potential credit and he also decided to take delivery in 2022.

Reactions: Paul4343
Based on two or three threads here I think there will be quite a bit who are not in a hurry right now and can wait until 2022 for the potential EV credit. Though I must say there are also some who were not aware of the EV credit at all. I had to remind a friend of mine who just recently ordered that there is this potential credit and he also decided to take delivery in 2022.
My LR order is on hold till 2 Jan. I would hate to be the sucker person that takes delivery 31 Dec only to find out they would have qualified for a $7.5k+ credit if they had waited another day.

Exact same boat, same order date too and province, I'm in Cowtown. Mine was showing EDD Nov 27-Dec 25 until this Friday, when it changed to January 4th - February 1st. Hoping it's just an error, I was really looking forward to getting it in December. I don't want to take it in February when it's the coldest month out typically, I might just delay it if it does come in February...
I wonder if it’s because of the BC floods. most highways are still not open out of Vancouver and they have to route east in WA around head back up North in AB?

We are 2 days into our EDD window which hasn’t moved since our OD on 10/5. Of course this morning instead of waking to a VIN now we have a new EDD = 12/6 to 12/31. While a bit frustrating this new window seems to be inline with the feedback others are getting on this thread from their SAs and other sources @ Mt. Kisco, NY delivery location. It is also still inline with our expectations as the Tesla site said December 2021 est when we placed our initial order. Getting it earlier would have been nice but oh well.

I wonder if it’s because of the BC floods. most highways are still not open out of Vancouver and they have to route east in WA around head back up North in AB?
I thought about that as well. I’m not sure the cars would go that route if they’re coming from Fremont or Texas, but who knows. I hope to have some direction tomorrow, or maybe it will flip back on it;s own; hoping. Unlike our US friends, we don’t have a wonderful tax credit in Canada to take advantage of!!

Reactions: Batz89
After refreshing incessantly and obsessively all weekend, I woke up at 6am to the vision and VIN update (did not get any notification). EDD shortened as well.

I tried to do an automated insurance quote w GEICO (my current insurance) via the app, but it was astronomical, so I’m gonna just call them when they open.

Paramus,NJ
Order date: 10/23/2021
3LR, WHT/WHT, AERO no FSD
EDD 12/7-12/31, no VIN.
11/22 EDD 12/3-12/9
My insurer did the same. $4200 for a year. Called progressive and got it for $1100 a year. Another who Paid cash went to E insurance by Allsate down to $400 yes $400 for a year...

Reactions: Arrax