Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just scheduled my delivery for Black Friday at 1:30pm in Indy!

That will be just 9 days into original month-long EDD window, the last day of the revised EDD window, and 62 days total from order to delivery.

Now to cross my fingers and hope it doesn't get moved somehow in the few days before...I'm kinda relying on it being that day/time. Lol.

Finally, I got my VIN today. EDD 11/23-11/26. It was long 90 days from order date 08/23.

😂 I don’t see a lot of M3s in Elmhurst, mostly S and X, with more MYs. I love my M3, it’s 3 years old and feels like brand new.
Guy across the street from me has a M3 Black, and I have seen 2-3 whiteM3s I think that are different?
Have a solar client that has the gorgeous Red Model X
Another solar client that has a White Model 3

All the above are in Elmhurst.

Last edited:
Anyone else not seeing this updated Tesla App layout? I haven't been assigned a VIN or anything but I updated the iPhone app to 4.3.0 but my layouts all stayed the same and it still directs me to log in on a browser to manage the account.
deleted mine yesterday on iPhone12 and reinstalled due to upgrade turning into a Rabbit hole "ITune store login failure" - now I have 4.3.0-766- 3958aa9b6

Not sure what that really means and did not notice any change in screens or behavior from previous version - the green versus non green checkmarks are a little out of programming user expectations.

WOO! Just took delivery earlier today!
OD: 10/23
VIN assigned: 11/3
Delivery: 11/21
White/Black/Aero/No FSD

Hope everyone else waiting gets theirs soon! Def a cool car!
That is an insane quick turn around. I have a MY in order and ready to order another M3. AWD LR white/white aero, no FSD. I have EAP on my current M3, but really don’t use it much.

Took delivery on Friday.
OD: 10/5/21
Delivery window shifted 3 times before accepting 11/19/21.
Only a couple of minor interior/exterior issues that I've scheduled a SC appointment for. (scratch on driver side interior trim, some paint spots that definitely could've been better, and a trim piece is a bit loose)
Also, autopilot is not working on my vehicle. I get a camera alignment required notification. I called the people that helped with delivery and they said try restarting the car. Doesn't work unfortunately. I have a SC appointment scheduled Friday for the interior stuff and plan to bring up the autopilot not working. I thought maybe it needed some time on the road for it to work but I'm at around 125 miles now and no luck.

Unfortunately, already got a scratch on the driver side mirror's paint from traveling on the highway. Can't blame Tesla for that but a bit sad to see how easy it scratches compared to my last vehicle (2013 Ford Escape).
Overall, very happy with the car. Not too happy with how easy the paint scratches but I was aware that it is one of their pain points. Exterior panel gaps were essentially perfect though. I also did not realize how slow the wall charging is. I was under the impression I would get more than 1% battery per hour, but that was an incorrect assumption. I will definitely need to get home charging installed.

Took delivery on Friday.
OD: 10/5/21
Delivery window shifted 3 times before accepting 11/19/21.
Only a couple of minor interior/exterior issues that I've scheduled a SC appointment for. (scratch on driver side interior trim, some paint spots that definitely could've been better, and a trim piece is a bit loose)
Also, autopilot is not working on my vehicle. I get a camera alignment required notification. I called the people that helped with delivery and they said try restarting the car. Doesn't work unfortunately. I have a SC appointment scheduled Friday for the interior stuff and plan to bring up the autopilot not working. I thought maybe it needed some time on the road for it to work but I'm at around 125 miles now and no luck.

Unfortunately, already got a scratch on the driver side mirror's paint from traveling on the highway. Can't blame Tesla for that but a bit sad to see how easy it scratches compared to my last vehicle (2013 Ford Escape).
Overall, very happy with the car. Not too happy with how easy the paint scratches but I was aware that it is one of their pain points. Exterior panel gaps were essentially perfect though. I also did not realize how slow the wall charging is. I was under the impression I would get more than 1% battery per hour, but that was an incorrect assumption. I will definitely need to get home charging installed.
The scratch is a bummer. You might be able to sweet talk the final prep guys into giving it a swat with the wax and buffer. Other than that, I would heartily suggest a good GOOD detail, complete with cleaning, and a good POLISH. If you can get that done, and can afford ceramic coating, do so, evein if you have to sell a child or two.
I may be wrong, but I think the paint will continue to cure and harden as a little time goes by.

Re charging... Read Teslatap. I heartily recommend the wall charging adaper if you can. Otherwise, the appropriate plug for a 220V outlet like electric dryer, air conditioner, etc. Even if you just use a 215 or 20 amp 110v wall outlet and just charge overnight, I betcha will be happy. I have a wall charging adapter on a 50Amp circuit. I installed it but not everyone is comfortable or has the breaker panel nearby, I understand that.

However, comma, I needed the fast charging as I never know when I will need to scramble after getting in after work. So The Good Ship Venus sits on it as soon as I get home. The Blue Bunny still uses a 20Amp wall plug, and that works just fine for The Boss. We only Supercharge on our trips.

In any case, congratulations! I'm counting the days until Thursday which is my new promised date for the new Good Ship Venus. I've been told that my car is somewhere between VanHorn and Plano. <singing> "Time goes by... So slowly...".

Ordered 10/24 in Edmonton, Alberta. Had EDD of Nov 20-Dec 18. They’ve completed a trade-in assessment, and financing all done and in place. Hoping for a tighter window since my first ED day was yesterday; instead woke up to the worst possible news; new EDD now says Feb!! 2 1/2 months more!! Ugh…. Everyone seemed to indicate that once the trade-in was done, it would be within the 30 days. All I can do is hope it changes back to December. Even my SA told me last week that they’re expecting a big shipment in later December and mine won’t be any later than that. Like I said, all I can is hope for a change for the better….

Currently my order is on hold. Prior to that was Dec. 15 to Dec 31 window. Will be out of state with family the last 10 days of December. Anybody know how the dynamics work out when you take your order off hold? Ideally I'd take delivery between Jan. 2 and Jan 14 as I'll be at home and some friends coming to visit mid-January. Is there a minimum amount of time after going off hold until delivery? I've heard something about VINs 14 days prior, but I can't quite remember what.

Just scheduled my delivery for Black Friday at 1:30pm in Indy!

That will be just 9 days into original month-long EDD window, the last day of the revised EDD window, and 62 days total from order to delivery.

Now to cross my fingers and hope it doesn't get moved somehow in the few days before...I'm kinda relying on it being that day/time. Lol.
When did they send you the text for scheduling? I'm picking up at indy, I have my vin but no text to schedule delivery.

Reactions: drdumont
My expected delivery window just changed from 1/18/22-2/18/22 to 12/19/21-12/31/21. Order date was 11/6. Any idea of if I can delay this just slightly, so to get any 2022 EV credits that may come through? Not sure if saying I’m out of town until 1/1 will work with a close window like this. I stopped by the Tesla store today and they said barely any Tesla’s are delivered in January and I would have to take delivery as soon as they assign it, or risk it not being delivered until March…not sure how true this is….

Reactions: Bootkie2