Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really should speed things up for anyone not looking to hold. Sorry to hear of the update on your side though, that’s not ideal for sure.
Yeah, it's good for me - I'm taking delivery now (12/2-12/8). I was just pointing out that the queue is getting longer for those thinking of holding.

Although, some bad timing on my part I suppose. I waited a little to long to get within the 30 day financing window and received my VIN unexpectedly early (OD was 11/1). So I've spent the last 2 days trying to get my SA (and now online support) to change my order from from cash to financing so I can shop Tesla's financing. My local CU is advertising a great rate, but their applications process is a bit slow...perhaps due to the upcoming holiday. But with just over a week until my delivery window, I'm running out of time to be patient.

Reactions: Starzwell
Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times: Does Tesla still accept cashiers checks for payment? If so, are there any special instructions or things to watch out for? Asking for a friend. Thanks.
I paid for about half of mine with a cashier’s check yesterday at delivery. No issues. The check had my name on it, and I wrote my reservation number on it as well just to be sure it got credited to he right account. Tesla texted the day before to confirm my delivery and I told them I planned to pay off the balance with a cashier’s check and they were fine with it.

Reactions: alset3000
Yeah, it's good for me - I'm taking delivery now (12/2-12/8). I was just pointing out that the queue is getting longer for those thinking of holding.

I am on hold until 1/1/2022 and this works out pretty well in my case since I think that there is a possibility that the bill will not be done in the Senate within this year and there will be uncertainty if the EV tax credit will be effective on 1/1/2022 or on whichever date it passes the Senate in 2022. So a February or March 2022 delivery would give me some extra buffer.

Reactions: Paul4343
I paid for about half of mine with a cashier’s check yesterday at delivery. No issues. The check had my name on it, and I wrote my reservation number on it as well just to be sure it got credited to he right account. Tesla texted the day before to confirm my delivery and I told them I planned to pay off the balance with a cashier’s check and they were fine with it.
Thanks. It seems crazy to me that the alternative is to give their service provider (can't recall the name off-hand) your bank ID and PW. It's going to be loads of fun when there's a data breach at that company. Congrats on the purchase, BTW.

Reactions: NoVa3er and tm1v2
I am on hold until 1/1/2022 and this works out pretty well in my case since I think that there is a possibility that the bill will not be done in the Senate within this year and there will be uncertainty if the EV tax credit will be effective on 1/1/2022 or on whichever date it passes the Senate in 2022. So a February or March 2022 delivery would give me some extra buffer.
I spoke to my SA. I haven’t gotten a VIN and my delivery date is mid December.

If I put it on hold until next year there is a good chance there is a price increase on the car and I would have to pay that instead which makes some even more confused. What if it gets priced above the 55K limit? Plus I’d be put back in queue and may not get until March.

Thanks. It seems crazy to me that the alternative is to give their service provider (can't recall the name off-hand) your bank ID and PW. It's going to be loads of fun when there's a data breach at that company. Congrats on the purchase, BTW.
Tesla also accepts prepayment via wire transfer, the instructions are at the bottom of your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). That is what I would do if I wanted to prepay.

My MVPA also has an address for "mailed checks." Doesn't have to be a cashier's check if mailed in advance, as best I can tell. However I think wire transfer is a better option for prepayment than mailing a paper check. If anyone really wants to mail a paper check, I suggest doing so at least 2 weeks in advance of pickup/delivery...

For any kind of check, including cashier's check when paying at pickup, make sure it has the reservation number and the reservation holder's name as @NoVa3er said. That is how we paid for our Model 3 last month (cashier's check at pickup).

Reactions: NoVa3er

If I put it on hold until next year there is a good chance there is a price increase on the car and I would have to pay that instead which makes some even more confused. What if it gets priced above the 55K limit? Plus I’d be put back in queue and may not get until March.
Last I knew, the senate version of the reconciliation bill was retroactive w/respect to the EV credit, while the House version did not signal retroactivity either way.

To be sure, ttaking delivery in 2021 is a gamble in terms of the credit. But, it’s encouraging the senate’s approved version is retroactive because that is the tougher of the two houses.

Your price will not increase if you put your order on hold unless you do any configuration changes to your original order.

Reactions: Paul4343 and Soap
Weird, that's what I would think but my SA is saying differently that a delay can cause a price change.
Either the SA does not know or wants to mislead you to take early delivery. There are numerous posts here on this forum of holds for more than 6 months where the price did not change. As I indicated, only if you do changes to your original order then you might be affected by a price increase.

Thanks! I’m very happy with it.

Like you, I was not comfortable with the Plaid platform they push you toward for prepayment. It seems like in a lot of states you can do a wire transfer instead; just say you don’t see your bank listed and it will give you other options. In the end, I wanted to be able to at least do a walkaround before handing over the balance, so I opted for the cashier’s check. The SC here in Virginia was way more accommodating about that than the app, which nags you to prepay.

M3LR Blue/White/18"/No FD
OD: Sept 30
1st EDD: November 17th - December 23rd
2nd EDD: December 7th - December 31th
3rd EDD: January 11th - February 8th
4th EDD: March 13th - April 10th

I'm in Montreal, Quebec. Feel like I'm never going to get the car at this pace, but at least the charger is installed :)

I'm in Montreal, Quebec. Feel like I'm never going to get the car at this pace, but at least the charger is installed :)

Jesus that is terrible. Tell them you will pick it up in TO. My OD was Oct 5th and I am picking it up Saturday. Not sure if it would help at this point but anything is worth a shot.

My Tesla wall charger is installed as well. Nevertheless, everyday it stares at me, forlornly...

Reactions: drdumont and Arrax
Some good news here in crazy California, for once!
M3LR/ 19/ White/Black/ No SD.
OD: 10/14
1st EDD: 11/15 to 12/13
2nd EDD (1 week ago): 11/22 to 12/3
3rd EDD (yesterday) 11/25 to 11/29
Today: VIN assigned.
Notified 2 hrs ago via text of delivery this Saturday 11/27, (12-4 pm) at home!
Got a cashier's check ready to go. CSAA insurance for Tesla obtained, and updated via app.
And...we haven't talked to anyone during this entire process. A good thing?