Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone receive an email stating "You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your Tesla. We invite you to join us for our Virtual Orientation......"

I have no VIN and EDD is 12/4 - 12/17. Curious if anyone received the same email and if so, how far out was VIN after the email? Thanks
When I received this, I was about a week away from delivery.

Reactions: dncpunke
Some good news here in crazy California, for once!
M3LR/ 19/ White/Black/ No SD.
OD: 10/14
1st EDD: 11/15 to 12/13
2nd EDD (1 week ago): 11/22 to 12/3
3rd EDD (yesterday) 11/25 to 11/29
Today: VIN assigned.
Notified 2 hrs ago via text of delivery this Saturday 11/27, (12-4 pm) at home!
Got a cashier's check ready to go. CSAA insurance for Tesla obtained, and updated via app.
And...we haven't talked to anyone during this entire process. A good thing?
This is awesome! I’ve been wondering how people get so many changing EDDs but I’m realizing it’s because I haven’t waited nearly as long as some of you have been! Seeing you got your updated EDD one month post order I think it’s likely I’ll be waiting till at least 12/4 to see my 11/4 M3P order get an updated EDD. Congrats on taking delivery soon!

This is awesome! I’ve been wondering how people get so many changing EDDs but I’m realizing it’s because I haven’t waited nearly as long as some of you have been! Seeing you got your updated EDD one month post order I think it’s likely I’ll be waiting till at least 12/4 to see my 11/4 M3P order get an updated EDD. Congrats on taking delivery soon!
Thanks! From what I've been reading from others here, it looks like some folks are postponing delivery until 2022 to take advantage of an upcoming tax rebate. I'm wondering if that will result in you getting your M3 delivered sooner than later! All the best!

Reactions: HarpoonS
Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times: Does Tesla still accept cashiers checks for payment? If so, are there any special instructions or things to watch out for? Asking for a friend. Thanks.
I have a cashier's check and I'll hand it over when they deliver the vehicle. The Tesla account says: Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery, but as I understand from other posts, it's okay to pay upon delivery, so long as the RN and account name are on the check.

Reactions: tm1v2
Thanks! From what I've been reading from others here, it looks like some folks are postponing delivery until 2022 to take advantage of an upcoming tax rebate. I'm wondering if that will result in you getting your M3 delivered sooner than later! All the best!
Not for me unfortunately, the M3P slightly exceeds the price threshold for sedans to qualify for the tax incentive so it’s not likely people are delaying. Was banking on the whole idea that performance models get pushed through the queue quickly but I think everything is backed up in general! We’ll see how it goes!

Last I knew, the senate version of the reconciliation bill was retroactive w/respect to the EV credit, while the House version did not signal retroactivity either way.

To be sure, ttaking delivery in 2021 is a gamble in terms of the credit. But, it’s encouraging the senate’s approved version is retroactive because that is the tougher of the two houses.
The House bill is NOT retroactive in its current form. The Senate bill was left for dead. Anything can happen but it is doubtful it will pass in its current form and may drag out. I’m sure Tesla is closely watching as they have shareholders to answer to, not us.

Reactions: aaronkase
For anyone taking delivery in Paramus NJ soon, I emailed a virtual advisor today to try and shore up a a date for scheduling a flight. My car is due to arrive at the SC on 11/27 and regarding when to plan a flight he had this to say:

"Your vehicle is still at its halfway mark - when its on its final leg, you will be prompted to schedule for pick up. I would advise to either look to book your flight for 29th or 30th."

Reactions: Arrax
Hang in there, brother! At least you have the charger! Electricians are in such heavy demand around here, it'll be weeks, or into mid-January at least, before I can get ours installed. Gotta have an old 100 volt panel changed too! Very expensive.
Check with your electric company. PSEG in nj pays you to upgrade your panel and run the line to the charger if you buy a smart charger that can report usage off peak.

How long can you push back taking delivery of your Tesla once you receive the delivery scheduling text/email? I’m leaving the state to visit family for the holidays and my assuming my EDD is accurate. I should be receiving the text/email while I’m away. Just wondering if I will be able to pick up when I get back or if I get pushed to the back of the line and have to wait til another Tesla with my exact specs becomes available again? Thanks for any response. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays to you all!

Anyone receive an email stating "You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your Tesla. We invite you to join us for our Virtual Orientation......"

I have no VIN and EDD is 12/4 - 12/17. Curious if anyone received the same email and if so, how far out was VIN after the email? Thanks
Got the message after my window narrowed to two weeks. About a week went by and I got my vin for a Chicago delivery. Sitting at 11/27 - 12/3 EDD on a Red LR aero blk interiorl.

Reactions: dncpunke
Check with your electric company. PSEG in nj pays you to upgrade your panel and run the line to the charger if you buy a smart charger that can report usage off peak.
I emailed PSEG they will give you up to $1500 in credits or send you a check. I had someone check out my panel today. I need an upgrade from 100 to 200 v. the first quote I received was $2800 just for the upgrade.

Reactions: Arrax