Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/25: contacted by Tesla that there was a car meeting my exact config, the person it was intended for couldn’t get their paperwork together.

11/25: vision agreement
11/25: final payment sent
Now 11/27 pick up

Thats Awesome. Yesterday was the first time I have seen a M3 in stock in my area on the inventory page. It was basically exactly what I ordered except a M3P vs LR. If I wasn't picking mine up tomorrow I would have made the change haha. Congrats!

Ordered 10/30 - M3LR Deep Metallic Blue / Black Interior / 18" Aero Wheels
Nov 1: EDD: 11/21 - 12/19
Nov 6: EDD 11/22 - 12/06
Nov 18: EDD 11/30 - 12/06 w/VIN in source code
Still don't have an officially confirmed VIN, just what I've spied in the source code --- but I have a tentative delivery appointment for Dec 7th these are gonna be the longest 11 days ever lol.

So I ordered a late 2021 model 3 but they took so long to deliver it, turns out I got a 2022 model VIN at the late 2021 price. This of course made me feel a little bit better about having to wait for months for the thing.... Well Friday was the day! I got assigned a VIN! For those who got assigned a VIN (I am in texas) how long did it take for true delivery day?

Also does anyone have a model 3 extensive car review guide? I started writing my own and I figured someone else must have made one even much better than what I could come up with. I guess like many others i'm just waiting for tesla to tell me I can pick it up. Ironic considering I havn't gotten a single correspondence Text, email or otherwise through this entire process (other than my email confirmation on my order). If it wasnt for this forum or youtube videos I would be VERY confused about this entire process.

So I ordered a late 2021 model 3 but they took so long to deliver it, turns out I got a 2022 model VIN at the late 2021 price. This of course made me feel a little bit better about having to wait for months for the thing.... Well Friday was the day! I got assigned a VIN! For those who got assigned a VIN (I am in texas) how long did it take for true delivery day?

Also does anyone have a model 3 extensive car review guide? I started writing my own and I figured someone else must have made one even much better than what I could come up with. I guess like many others i'm just waiting for tesla to tell me I can pick it up. Ironic considering I havn't gotten a single correspondence Text, email or otherwise through this entire process (other than my email confirmation on my order). If it wasnt for this forum or youtube videos I would be VERY confused about this entire process.

Also -- has anyone considered upgrading to the Y? It crossed my mind a few times I probably should have just done the Y vs 3. But now I think i'm just over thinking it -- I'm single with no kids... BUT I do have a large dog..

Still don't have an officially confirmed VIN, just what I've spied in the source code --- but I have a tentative delivery appointment for Dec 7th these are gonna be the longest 11 days ever lol.
Minutes are going by like hours. Today I’m “thankful” for these forums for existing. A place to commiserate and obsess. Otherwise my family would hate me after having to listen to me talk about this car I don’t even have. Haha

Well this last Friday was the day, I GOT A VINN And naturally also found this forum. Purchased this car without even seeing it, riding it, and of course driving. I'm very excited!

After a few weeks after ordering I did decide to test drive it (seemed like the smart thing to do) And instantly fell in love with it. Very excited.

Did anyone else order a late 2021 model 3 but end up getting assigned a 2022 VIN?! I was really excited to see that.... Also for anyone in texas, how long did it take for it to actually be delivered from VIN assignment? It's saying about 2 weeks.

• Love
Reactions: drdumont
After having a VIN for two weeks now I finally have a delivery date next week. Let me just say that Tesla really dropped the ball and don't be afraid to be the "squeeky wheel" I don't know if I would have even gotten it next week if we hadn't started calling.

Good info -- What would you have done differently. I just got assigned a vin so I feel like now is the time to be a Squeaky wheel? But also -- I dont want to be a Karen. Should I call A week out of my LATEST estimated delivery date if they dont reach out? That would be for me, next week! Any advice is much appreciated.

Also -- has anyone considered upgrading to the Y? It crossed my mind a few times I probably should have just done the Y vs 3. But now I think i'm just over thinking it -- I'm single with no kids... BUT I do have a large dog..
It’s not really an “upgrade” unless you’re in need of more space. You’re going to get better range, performance, and driving feel in the 3.

My Tesla buying story Ordered in October. Also submitted my trade in evaluation. Got a fair offer for my current car so I accepted. I could probably have gotten a thousand or so more from someone else but it wouldn't have been worth the hassle or tax in the end
It’s not really an “upgrade” unless you’re in need of more space. You’re going to get better range, performance, and driving feel in the 3.

Yeah, I never drove the Y but from what I understand it's basically the same everything just a little taller. I'm sure I'll love the 3. But my 3 moths of waiting for it has resulted in my mind just going crazy with "What if's" ha!

I've been waiting for this week for a couple years now - too excited! Seemed like a good idea to start a support group!

Ordered Midnight Silver/White Interior LR AWD on 10/17 - sooo excite!

Expected Delivery 11/19-12/21

*sidebar, it's absolutely crazy, I was about to order an M3 regardless and they just so happen to release the refresh the same week - feeling pretty humble over here.

I ordered mine in mid October but got assigned a 2022 VIN -- Also feeling very blessed since I got a 2022 at a late 2021 price. Also my trade in quote expired and they re-evaluated it and offered me MORE than the first round. Talk about a string of dumb luck.

Reactions: 7rugby
Well this last Friday was the day, I GOT A VINN And naturally also found this forum. Purchased this car without even seeing it, riding it, and of course driving. I'm very excited!

After a few weeks after ordering I did decide to test drive it (seemed like the smart thing to do) And instantly fell in love with it. Very excited.

Did anyone else order a late 2021 model 3 but end up getting assigned a 2022 VIN?! I was really excited to see that.... Also for anyone in texas, how long did it take for it to actually be delivered from VIN assignment? It's saying about 2 weeks.
Talk about a leap of faith! But, WELCOME ABOARD! You won't be disappointed.

Let's see, I got my Vin last Friday, IIRC. Then shortly thereafter I got a text advising me to schedule delivery (also got an email a couple of hours later). Now set for Friday next at 1000-1200 hours. The only hair in the butter is that I specifically requested delivery in the Dallas Delivery/Service center. They want to deliver to my home. Makes a scheduling issue as well as a pain to fully inspect the vehicle at the curb. Since I'm in Texas, I don't have a local "Delivery Adviser". I just used the main page chat to see if my DA will call me back. That has worked in the past. The Blue Bunny was delivered to my curb, and we missed a couple of defects we might have caught if we weren't dodging traffic.

Keep your cell phone handy for text messages and watch your email and keep us advised! And of course, supporting TMC is a good thing. Like having thousands of good friends with your back!

Last edited:
I agree. It’s totally slanted towards upper middle class/straight up wealthy people. Honestly, even though the EV credit would help me, I would have liked to have seen the progressive caucus kill this bill on principle back in the house. This started with free city college, a Medicare expansion, and paid family leave. Now all that’s left is a tax break for wealthy people and a few tiny crumbs for the people who actually needed help.
Even this EV credit is a rich person thing. To be blunt, none of the people in this forum need the credit. We are all at least middle class to be even considering buying 50,000 dollar electric vehicles. I would much rather see my taxes pay for hearing/dental for retirees or college for kids than pad other people like me’s EV purchases.
Some folks tend to forget that the EV tax credit isn't only for Tesla. There are cheaper alternatives out there, including used vehicles, and this would help those who can't afford $50k but maybe could afford $25k to $35k with the incentive.

Minutes are going by like hours. Today I’m “thankful” for these forums for existing. A place to commiserate and obsess. Otherwise my family would hate me after having to listen to me talk about this car I don’t even have. Haha
Within seconds of this post, I got my delivery appt for dec 4th! Good karma 🙏🏻

Last edited:
Got my delivery date. Trade-in offer expired, so not sure if that had any impact on the delivery timeframe.

White/Black, LR, 18” Aero, No FSD
OD: 10/23
1st EDD: 11/30-12/28 (I can't remember exactly since it changed the next day)
2nd EDD (10/24): 11/18 - 12/16
3rd EDD (11/19): 11/24 - 12/08
4th EDD (11/25): 11/25 - 12/01 [Got me super excited to get it so soon...]
Final EDD (11/26): 12/02 - 12/08 [...but looks like we're back to as late as December 8th.]
Scheduled Delivery for 12/06.
Salt Lake City, UT

Talk about a leap of faith! But, WELCOME ABOARD! You won't be disappointed.

Let's see, I got my Vin last Friday, IIRC. Then shortly thereafter I got a text advising me to schedule delivery (also got an email a couple of hours later). Now set for Friday next at 1000-1200 hours. The only hair in the butter is that I specifically requested delivery in the Dallas Delivery/Service center. They want to deliver to my home. Makes a scheduling issue as well as a pain to fully inspect the vehicle at the curb. Since I'm in Texas, I don't have a local "Delivery Adviser". I just used the main page chat to see if my DA will call me back. That has worked in the past. The Blue Bunny was delivered to my curb, and we missed a couple of defects we might have caught if we weren't dodging traffic.

Keep your cell phone handy for text messages and watch your email and keep us advised! And of course, supporting TMC is a good thing. Like having thousands of good friends with your back!

Ohhhh I did not know Texas didn't have Delivery Advisers. Because when I chatted in to get a negative balance adjusted on my financing (higher trade in value on my car (yay)) They looped in my Delivery Adviser. Or at least that's what they called him -- But he was out on vacation yesterday. So I wonder if they will only assign one if there's issues.

They better not deliver it to me -- Since I have a trade in I'm fully expecting to drop it off when I pickup my car.