Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where/how did you guys get SA contact info? I don't have any info other than the order confirmation e-mail and a generic "welcome to the family" e-mail.
I believe I chose home delivery if that makes a difference.
I note every number for texts or phone calls I get from Tesla. They seldom get you to where you want to be, but usually the auto attendant will get you someone who will "onpass a message".
Also, go on the Tesla website, open a "buy now" dialog. There will eventually pop up a "chat" invitation. At first it is a bot. If you have an order number, you can eventually get to a person. Ask to have your "delivery advisor" contact you. Usually works. My DA is apparently in Vegas. He has called me back several times within 30 minutes. Even though I have Service Centers in Dallas and Ft. Worth, local "Delivery Advisors" are like Bigfoot. Don't call him, he''s call you.
Annoying as Hell, but I have been able to get a response eventually.
Good Luck!

It's 0345 here right now. Supposed to have a shiny red Tesla appear in my driveway between Noon and 1600. A day early. When I protested (I moved all Friday appointments to Thursday), they said (in texts) the car could be left in the driveway if I wasn't home, I could access the car in the app.
Right now, I don't care, Grandma can Uber to the doctor...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prashp
I did not know that Enhanced Autopilot was a thing. I see FSD (for $10K) as the only configurable option - where/how is EA available and what is its pricing?
"Enhanced Autopilot" is no longer an option. Cars now come with TACC "Tesla Advanced Cruise Control", I think. It is the Cruise Control on steroids, with the automatic lanekeeping, which works fairly well on the highway, not so much in town and certainly not in bad weather. And will still get you in hot water in the blink of an eye.

IMHO, the speed control feature works quite well and I use it all the time. The auto lanekeeping, not so much. I did try FSD in a Tesla loaner, and I confess, I did subscribe for a month. Check, please! I know this will bruise the hearts of many of my compatriots here, but I found it too enervating, always having to be on alert to whatever stupid move it would make next in its continuous attempt to cause grievous harm to Mrs. DuMont's favorite son. Besides, the Tesla is too much fun to drive.

"FSD", "Full Self Driving" is the proper name for the unfinished, experimental attempt at total autonomous driving, for which you will pay $10K to buy or $199/mo to "rent", subsidizing the effort.

Lots of FUDIasts confuse the two It is unfortunate that the moniker "Autopilot" gets confused with the half baked autonomy project, FSD.

Last edited:
Ordered 10/20 (Brooklyn)
LR AWD
Blue/Black/Aero/No FSD

1st EDD 11/30-12/28
New EDD as of today 1/19-2/16

My car’s registration is due in the middle January. It looks like I’ll have to pay for a year’s registration, but, only get a few weeks out of it.

Any chance the M3 could come earlier in January?
Not likely. I’ve been waiting for the same config out of Mt Kisco since August. Why don’t you just transfer the registration? That way you don’t lose any money.

Have done the transfer of personalized license plate as well. How did that work? I filled out all the necessary info and take delivery tomorrow. Wonder if our old personalized plate is what we use until we get a new one for the tesla? not sure. what are your thoughts?
They gave me a brand new hard plate, I called and they said we can transfer it when I get a registration packet in the mail in 4 days

Reactions: geekxism
Woke up to an updated EDD after Tesla took my April order off hold on Monday (I did not get the letter that I needed to removed the hold, they just removed it for me a couple days early):
Estimated Delivery: February 07 - March 07

Should be plenty of time (assuming the date stays) to wait out the resolution to BBB either way.

"Enhanced Autopilot" is no longer an option. Cars now come with TACC "Tesla Advanced Cruise Control", I think. It is the Cruise Control on steroids, with the automatic lanekeeping, which works fairly well on the highway, not so much in town and certainly not in bad weather.

"FSD", "Full Self Driving" is the proper name for the unfinished, experimental attempt at total autonomous driving, for which you will pay $10K to buy or $199/mo to "rent", subsidizing the effort.
That's what I thought. When EA was mentioned and I researched it, it appeared to be a former option - EA included most but not all of the advertised FSD features, but was priced at one-half the FSD's $8K tag. That FSD was quoted at $8K rather than the current $10K was a clue that the info I found was outdated, but wanted to make certain, because the OP sure seemed certain that EA was a thing. :)

Updating in the wrong direction... :(

OD 10/30, M3LR, DBM, Black Int and 19's in SLC, UT

1st EDD 10/31 - 11/27-12/29
2nd EDD 11/26 - 11/28-12/12
3rd EDD 11/29 - 12/1-12/12
4th EDD 12/2 - 12/4-12/27

Still no vin

I am soooo sick and tired of constantly thinking about this... I'm over checking the app multiple times an hour and having daydreams about owning a tesla. It's consumed most of my day to day thoughts. It's pure cancer.. I wish I could just get this car already. I really feel for the people that have been waiting multiple months and still have nothing.

Updating in the wrong direction... :(

OD 10/30, M3LR, DBM, Black Int and 19's in SLC, UT

1st EDD 10/31 - 11/27-12/29
2nd EDD 11/26 - 11/28-12/12
3rd EDD 11/29 - 12/1-12/12
4th EDD 12/2 - 12/4-12/27

Still no vin

I am soooo sick and tired of constantly thinking about this... I'm over checking the app multiple times an hour and having daydreams about owning a tesla. It's consumed most of my day to day thoughts. It's pure cancer.. I wish I could just get this car already. I really feel for the people that have been waiting multiple months and still have nothing.
Same here, I also just got an update and my EDD basically got pushed out again today 12/04-12/31 with an OD 10/19.

Frustrating this is probably my 5th EDD change and I feel it won’t be the last.

Reactions: cmax640
"Enhanced Autopilot" is no longer an option. Cars now come with TACC "Tesla Advanced Cruise Control", I think. It is the Cruise Control on steroids, with the automatic lanekeeping, which works fairly well on the highway, not so much in town and certainly not in bad weather. And will still get you in hot water in the blink of an eye.

This is wrong.

TACC is "Traffic-Aware Cruise Control" not Tesla Advanced Cruise Control. TACC is basically cruise control from a normal car, but it also keeps an eye out on vehicles around you. It will slow you down and speed you back up if there is traffic. It doesn't do lane keeping. It is the lowest form of autonomy you can have in a Tesla.

Autopilot is pretty much TACC, plus lane keeping. Both TACC and Autopilot come included with all new models.

Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) adds a bit more to autopilot. It adds automatic lane changes, plus a few other features like auto park and summon. EAP was about half the cost of FSD, although it is not currently available for purchase.

FSD is "full self driving" and will be able to fully navigate on all streets (eventually). This software is evolving and is not where Tesla wants it yet. FSD is $10k or $200 per month.

That's my config too, but with FSD (but that's a SW fix), and I'm waiting on an 8/15 order for Mt Kisco delivery. Either that's a popular config or extremely unpopular and Tesla doesn't like making them. Based on what you are seeing, I think it's more and more likely I'll be looking at a February delivery at best. But if I get bumped again, I may just put in another order for a white/black out of Jersey or Brooklyn and see which comes first.
Well I was wrong. I thought for sure that on Sunday I would be bumped to February. They didn't wait that long. I got bumped this morning. It's jaw dropping. I've sent a note to Mt Kisco asking for a call back. There has to be some insight into why I'm waiting so long.

M3LR/DBM/Black/Aero/FSD

OD: 8/15
EDD1: 9/7-9/30
EDD2: 10/16-11/18
EDD3: 11/12 - 12/14
EDD4: 12/7 - 12/31
EDD 5: 1/26 - 2/23

Exact dates may be off slightly. Can't even keep track anymore. I clearly have angered the Tesla gods.

Also had a widening/push back of my EDD.
(MSM/Black,Aero/No FSD)
1st EDD: December 1-31
2nd EDD: December 1-15
Todays EDD: December 5-30

Like many I was expecting this but still frustrating. At least it’s still showing this month I guess.

Last edited:
Well I was wrong. I thought for sure that on Sunday I would be bumped to February. They didn't wait that long. I got bumped this morning. It's jaw dropping. I've sent a note to Mt Kisco asking for a call back. There has to be some insight into why I'm waiting so long.

M3LR/DBM/Black/Aero/FSD

Exact dates may be off slightly. Can't even keep track anymore. I clearly have angered the Tesla gods.
I’m so sorry this is happening with your order, it’s truly unacceptable.

On another note, I experienced my first hiccup. The car didn’t arrive at Mt. Kisco yesterday so my delivery was pushed forward 24 hours to 12/3.

M3LR/DBM/Black/Aero/FSD

@EV70 - At this point I just want to see you smile. This is what I see in the EV70 house … just replace “Frank Shirley” (his boss) with Elon Musk.

If I could gift wrap him to your doorstep I would man.