Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short story. Was told The Good Ship Venus would be delivered today instead of picking up tomorrow. Said 1200-1400. OK Whatever.
At 11:15 got a text telling me it was on the way, I would get another text when it was near. Then at 1207 I got a text that said it was here. Looked outside and yup, they were correct. No one in sight. No sign, no nuthin, just an incredibly beautiful car. Text said open Tesla app and it would unlock. Then it said it might take 2 minutes. 20 minutes later I am lighting up the phone. It diasppeared off the Tesla app. Tesla app now locked up. Just like the car. Finally got someone on the phone going thru "chat" on Tesla page. Heard a honk. Success! 2 card keys in black folder in console. Can't see them, it's black in there. Delete Tesla app from phone, reload. All good. Introduce other cards and phones.
You know what? I DON'T CARE! It's HERE!
OBTW, while waiting, and dodging traffic in the street (I asked for delivery in back, but...), I went over the car inch by inch. Absolutely effing perfect in every way. I can't find a blemish. Went through the car bumper to bumper, tracks to the stack, inside and out. (Can;t confirm USB thing, I can't see it in the glare out there and I am out of time). And the red paint is much brighter than my 2020 brighter. Looks almost like the Chevy Red of old (my favorite).
To all the FUDI mongers, please go somewhere and micturate along a given length of woven sisal. This car is showroom perfect.
Thanks to all the long suffering readers who have been along for this ride. And to all of you waiting, waiting, wondering...

I hope every one of you gets a notice that your car is outside right now and you receive as perfect a car as I have.

I'll be back in a few days...
Short story. Was told The Good Ship Venus would be delivered today instead of picking up tomorrow. Said 1200-1400. OK Whatever.
At 11:15 got a text telling me it was on the way, I would get another text when it was near. Then at 1207 I got a text that said it was here. Looked outside and yup, they were correct. No one in sight. No sign, no nuthin, just an incredibly beautiful car. Text said open Tesla app and it would unlock. Then it said it might take 2 minutes. 20 minutes later I am lighting up the phone. It diasppeared off the Tesla app. Tesla app now locked up. Just like the car. Finally got someone on the phone going thru "chat" on Tesla page. Heard a honk. Success! 2 card keys in black folder in console. Can't see them, it's black in there. Delete Tesla app from phone, reload. All good. Introduce other cards and phones.
You know what? I DON'T CARE! It's HERE!
OBTW, while waiting, and dodging traffic in the street (I asked for delivery in back, but...), I went over the car inch by inch. Absolutely effing perfect in every way. I can't find a blemish. Went through the car bumper to bumper, tracks to the stack, inside and out. (Can;t confirm USB thing, I can't see it in the glare out there and I am out of time). And the red paint is much brighter than my 2020 brighter. Looks almost like the Chevy Red of old (my favorite).
To all the FUDI mongers, please go somewhere and micturate along a given length of woven sisal. This car is showroom perfect.
Thanks to all the long suffering readers who have been along for this ride. And to all of you waiting, waiting, wondering...

I hope every one of you gets a notice that your car is outside right now and you receive as perfect a car as I have.

I'll be back in a few days...
Congratulations! #TeamRed

Are you also yet to receive a VIN# and/or trade-in text? Have an ODD a couple days earlier (10/28) but have the exact same EDD’s and changes this morning. Also in Phoenix so I’m guessing our cars should be on the same train eventually
No VIN, and no trade-in text. I set up my trade-in in early November so that could be why I haven't received that text.

Reactions: Starzwell
At this point, would it be faster if you changed your pick up location to say Smithtown Long Island? This is crazy.
I'm thinking of ordering MSM or White from Brooklyn and take whichever comes first. Just want to talk to my SA first, but of course they haven't responded to my email. I'll wait it out today, then call the Tesla number tomorrow which will just give me some random person.

Reactions: chewychiu
North New Jersey White/White 18” Aero
OD: 11/08
EDD: 12/07-12/21
11/24: Trade in text
11/29: Received VIN. Prepare for Deliver.
EDD: 12/11-12/17
11/30: Set-up loan payment, got approved, selected accept then poof VIN disappeared! EDD still remains 12/11-12/17.

Will call Tesla tomorrow to find out what happened. In the time being anyone know why it just disappeared?
☝🏽 Anyone go through this?

@drdumont I just noticed your car came with Continental ContiProContact tires. I wonder if they changed them from Michelin Primacy MXM4. Interesting...
Sorry, answering my own question here...

"The standard 18-inch are 235/45R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires mounted on aluminum alloys covered by aerodynamic snap-on plastic wheel covers. The optional 19-inch setup consists of uncovered aluminum alloys wrapped with Continental ProContact RX tires in size 235/40R19."

Afternoon/Evening everyone…
Just received the “Invitation pre-delivery TeslaTALK session” email…
“… you must attend…” and “… imperative…” kinda language seems a little scary to me…
With help from everyone here and a “mild” google obsession with Tesla, I’m fairly confident in my skills and abilities to get through delivery day unscathed… Now? I’m not so sure…

Has anyone taken the session? Worth my time?

Thanks… really appreciate everyone…

Afternoon/Evening everyone…
Just received the “Invitation pre-delivery TeslaTALK session” email…
“… you must attend…” and “… imperative…” kinda language seems a little scary to me…
With help from everyone here and a “mild” google obsession with Tesla, I’m fairly confident in my skills and abilities to get through delivery day unscathed… Now? I’m not so sure…

Has anyone taken the session? Worth my time?

Thanks… really appreciate everyone…
I did too -- but when I went to book, the next available session isn't till a full day after my scheduled delivery date :) I'm not gonna worry about it

Reactions: sparroma
Where in Va? I'm in NoVa with exact same options and OD of 10/24. A few days ago I got pushed out to 1/20 - 2/17. Although I'm ok to wait until '22 I'm starting to wonder
I’m in NOVA too. The disparity is hard to fathom. Don’t think color or fina really comes into play either. I’ve not been actively contacting Tesla either; just waiting for things to run their course.

1) This is wrong.

2) TACC is "Traffic-Aware Cruise Control" not Tesla Advanced Cruise Control. TACC is basically cruise control from a normal car, but it also keeps an eye out on vehicles around you. It will slow you down and speed you back up if there is traffic. It doesn't do lane keeping. It is the lowest form of autonomy you can have in a Tesla.

3) Autopilot is pretty much TACC, plus lane keeping. Both TACC and Autopilot come included with all new models.

4) Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) adds a bit more to autopilot. It adds automatic lane changes, plus a few other features like auto park and summon. EAP was about half the cost of FSD, although it is not currently available for purchase.

5) FSD is "full self driving" and will be able to fully navigate on all streets (eventually). This software is evolving and is not where Tesla wants it yet. FSD is $10k or $200 per month.
Para1: Yes, there is an error here in Para 2
Para 2: You are correct. Don't know where I came up with that one. I actually knew that.
Para 3: I stand by it
Para 4: I stand by it
Para 5: I stand by it

Last edited:
Finally took delivery today. The KC location was incredibly busy so they were running 45 mins behind the scheduled appointment times. They must have gotten a few trucks because the lot was almost completely full of 3's and Y's.

Did not see any major issues or imperfections but unfortunately about 10 miles down the road the front passenger door started having a rattle. Will investigate it some more tomorrow and then gonna log a service request for it if I cant figure it out. Wireless chargers and USB ports were installed.

Best of luck to all of you and especially the people still waiting since August.

Reactions: TheSlyyGuy