Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the number for my local SC that seems to actually go to a central Tesla call center. I went thru the prompts to get to sales. I didn't request home delivery, they did that on their own. I think they're doing it because the local SC was supposed to do deliveries but there's some issue with sales tax because it's located on tribal land, so they're not delivering from there yet. As far as I know they'll pick up the trade at the time they drop off the new car.

I am in a similar situation, I was going to pick mine up in Colorado Springs (ordered 10/10) and then Tesla changed it to Nambe on 11/15 and then texted again on 11/29 to thank me for my patience and flexibility and that there were “logistical issues” preventing Nambe from doing deliveries and that they would deliver to my house instead at no cost to me.

I did end up with a charge showing on my account for the delivery, but I called the main number on Thursday and they removed it so the delivery is at no cost as promised. I think car is in Colorado Springs now and waiting for a transport to bring it to Albuquerque. Not sure how long it takes to find a transport, but if I have not heard that it is on the way by the middle of next week, I may call and see if I can just pick it up in Colorado Springs instead of waiting.

So I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I live in a state that charges personal property tax based on property owned as of 1/1. Therefore, I do not want to take delivery until after January 1 (and I told the SA this as I was ordering).

OD 11/21 - Original EDD 1/31-2/14
11/26 Updated EDD 12/13-12/24
12/1 Received Trade in text - no change in EDD.
Have not been assigned a VIN yet
Based on the order agreement, it looks like I can delay delivery up to 30 days which would put me in the clear right? Should I put the order on hold? We have another vehicle so it isn't really urgent, just don't want to pick it up until 1/2 at the earliest. Anyone have any suggestions?

Just finished Day one - WOW! Delivery 10:45 - 11:00 - this guy was sharp - retired and super smart - Again WOW. The car has been checking out flawless so far. Attempted the Main screen protector (thin glass) - SUMK via Amazon - Almost impossible to keep stuff off the back after peeling the adhesive and one asteroid particle went to the adhesive side like a Russian exploded satellite particle at 17,500 miles per hour and ruined it. In the trash - wasted $22. Luckily I was in my Falcon 9 Dragon space module and survived the encounter.

1 Earth note: had no liner in bottom of frunk - just the beaded plastic bottom with embedded tow hook present.

So I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I live in a state that charges personal property tax based on property owned as of 1/1. Therefore, I do not want to take delivery until after January 1 (and I told the SA this as I was ordering).

OD 11/21 - Original EDD 1/31-2/14
11/26 Updated EDD 12/13-12/24
12/1 Received Trade in text - no change in EDD.
Have not been assigned a VIN yet
Based on the order agreement, it looks like I can delay delivery up to 30 days which would put me in the clear right? Should I put the order on hold? We have another vehicle so it isn't really urgent, just don't want to pick it up until 1/2 at the earliest. Anyone have any suggestions?
I was in a similar situation. After I got my VIN and invitation to schedule delivery, I dropped by the local Tesla here in KC and asked an agent about my options for delaying delivery into January. She said “I can help you with that”, went into the back office for five minutes, then emerged with word that she’d pushed me into January. My VIN immediately disappeared in the app, then a couple days later my EDD moved from 12/7-13 to 12/18-29. I assume as that window gets closer my EDD will refresh into the new year.