Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I wanted to toss this out into the wild... see what everyone thinks, or if anyone has had a similar experience...

Nov 30 - Vision Agreement (No VIN, however I found it in the source code)
Dec 06 - Schedule Delivery Txt - set for Dec 16th...

I have yet to receive an official update to my account reflecting my VIN...
With only a week left to delivery... and no insurance nailed down yet... getting a bit worried...
Its my understanding I would need the VIN to get insurance... but maybe I'm wrong (I should just call them, lol)

Anyone else go from order to delivery without ever getting a VIN update in their account?

So I wanted to toss this out into the wild... see what everyone thinks, or if anyone has had a similar experience...

With only a week left to delivery... and no insurance nailed down yet... getting a bit worried...
Its my understanding I would need the VIN to get insurance... but maybe I'm wrong (I should just call them, lol)

Anyone else go from order to delivery without ever getting a VIN update in their account?
Yes I’m in the same boat but my SA emailed me about the delivery and provided my vin in the email too which matches the one in the source code. Was able to get insurance based on that so I suggest you reach out to your SA

Reactions: sparroma
Picked up today, so far it looks absolutely mint. Really nice fitment. All charging ports there and wireless charging works.

When I initially plugged in to charge at home it seems to make a pretty loud humming noise. It seems to have quieted down a tad but you can still hear it. I'm new to having an EV so I don't know what the expected "noise" is.

Using the official tesla wall connector.
The hum is likely normal. The car starts turning on cooling systems when it starts charging, especially if it is charging at full speed. Gotta keep that huge battery cool.

Ha! So 4hrs after this... My VIN has been officially added to my account... Fingers crossed I take delivery a week from now...

Why do you say you have a worse car?

My car that arrives on December 21 is also: B = Dual Motor - Standard Model 3

The question I ask is: what is the concrete difference between "B = Dual Motor - Standard Model 3" and "K = Dual Motor - China"?

Here is a some quotes:

The front and rear motors of the 4WD version previously had a maximum power of 137kW/202kW and a maximum torque of 219Nm/404Nm respectively. The front and rear motors of the new model have a maximum power of 137kW/220kW and a maximum torque of 219Nm/440Nm.

And a post in another topic:
Ah good. So we get an extra 18kW or 24HP from the rear motor. Nice! Plus a boost of 5.7% in total torque. Very good!

Like I understand it the one i first got assigned with a "K" was better. .

Black on black, ordered 12/4. Saying I should expect to take delivery between 12/21 and 12/30. Can’t wait! Not looking forward to the 6 hour drive to and back to pick it up but I know it will be worth it in the end.
I'm in Rochester and picking up at Mt. Kisco (where I'm assuming you'll be picking up from) next week. One-way flights out of ROC to LGA are dirt cheap so I'm flying down and then driving back, cuts down on the long drive by half. Just something to look into when you set your delivery date!