Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
INDY UPDATE | Delivery Scheduled 😳

M3LR White / Black / Aero / NO FSD

Ordered: 11/04/2021
1st EDD: (Order Day ETA) 12/01 - 12/24
2nd EDD: (11/23) 12/10 - 12/24
3rd EDD: (11/28) 12/12 - 12/16 | Received Trade in Text in the early AM. Hours later in the day, Vision agreement was present, accepted, and VIN was received. Another few hours later, ETA changed to the 4 day window listed prior to this wall of text.
UPDATE: (12/01) Orientation Text
4th EDD: (11/30) 12/08 - 12/14
UPDATE: (12/03) Received a delivery text, email, and notice in the app! Scheduled the closest date they had on 12/13 @ 4-6PM.

Refreshed app after confirming delivery date and time and the first two achievements are complete.

Payment/Document review and everything else is still greyed out and inaccessible.

… and back to refreshing 😅
Received a call this morning from the local Tesla location; vehicle is en route and should be arriving at their facility today. They offered 3 delivery dates, as they strictly doing delivery - I naturally chose the soonest… 😳 tomorrow from 4-6pm!!

The lady who called stated that they reviewed notes from my SA and noticed that when I had communicated last ( via email ) I informed him that I was willing to take early delivery, should it show up in advance. Notes reflected as such on the account - sooooo thankful for that! Aaron - you’re a boss!!

As I continued to refresh the app (she said documents would populate sometime today) I slowly unlocked and completed all achievements… except the final boss… accept delivery greyed out, until tomorrow, I assume.

Time to pull up the ol’ checklist another member of the forums had posted in this thread and print it out…

<rant>

So I just called Tesla to see if my delivery date is still correct (I've heard others being pushed) so I wanted to know... luckily it's still on for the 11th. In an effort to get as much info from the tesla person as possible (because let's face it, all i've done up to today is drive myself crazy with over information) I asked him, if I could pick my car up at the service center instead of home delivery (they wnat to drive it to me). He said no, if you're in a radius no matter what you selected when you ordered... they will do home delivery and drive it to you. Not a big deal but a bummer I have to be the second person to dive my own NEW car. So I asked Is my car here? In texas? He looked it up and was like, yeah, it's going threw inspection / detail.

So here's the meat of my rant... If tesla can look all this up on where my car is... why not show me in the app?! Like I wouldn't have called, and it would be fun to get updates "Your car is being detailed!" Why not provide that info. I bet it would reduce the number of calls and overall angst of their customers waiting.

Apparently your car get's in 3 days before your delivery date for inspections. and IF everything looks good, you may get a text to pickup earlier than your scheduled date, and if you do... you will also be "rewarded" 1,000 super charger miles.

Anyway -- just sharing and also... ranting a little...

</rant>

The 8th digit in VIN changed from "K" to "B" today.
I ordered M3LR 614km WLTP. Does this affect the range? Anyone want to tell me the difference?

Sorry if I`m posting in wrong topic.

Thank you! :)

So I got a slightly worse car attached now.
Why do you say you have a worse car?

My car that arrives on December 21 is also: B = Dual Motor - Standard Model 3

The question I ask is: what is the concrete difference between "B = Dual Motor - Standard Model 3" and "K = Dual Motor - China"?

I ordered my M3 LR in August and put a hold on it in sept. so that I could first sell my SR+ (which I did last month). The hold was set to expire on 12/31.

I got a text from the SA last week asking if I was still going thru with the LR reservation, I said yes and that I would be moving forward at the end of Dec. Next thing I know the reservation expiration moves to 12/11 and then today it looks like someone took me off hold without me authorizing.

EDD on website is now TBD, gonna check tomorrow to see if it changes. I dont want to take delivery of the car in 2021. I want to push to 2022 for sure.

What would you guys do here?

I recently received an email from DCU, an auto loan lender, saying referral bonus for my account has been increased to $100 for the person signing up and $50 to me. DM if you need any referrals :) Usually, it is $10 for both the parties involved.

Picked up today, so far it looks absolutely mint. Really nice fitment. All charging ports there and wireless charging works.

When I initially plugged in to charge at home it seems to make a pretty loud humming noise. It seems to have quieted down a tad but you can still hear it. I'm new to having an EV so I don't know what the expected "noise" is.

Using the official tesla wall connector.

Model 3 LR Black/Black 18”
OD: 11/13
EDD: 12/12-12/31
EDD :12/13-12/27 (Nov 26)
EDD: 01/17-02/14 (Dec 8)
EDD: 12/16-12/22 (Dec 8)
VIN: Dec 8

Interesting turn of events - this morning my EDD was kicked back to Jan/Feb and then 6 hours later updated to December, with VIN and vision agreement. Can’t wait