Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With or without? No cover gives it more sportier look IMO.

Attachments

• 20211217_183210.jpg
    20211217_183210.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20211217_183158.jpg
    20211217_183158.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 46
Anyone else buy accessories in anticipation of their impending delivery?
I have a Gen2 Nema 14-50 charging adapter for the mobile connector as I already have a 50amp 14-50 outlet in the garage.
I also have the aero wheel cap kit on the way.
Those were the first two things I bought. Friend of a friend installed the outlet in front of my townhouse for $300.

Also bought:
30ft 50amp extension cord
Tesla Shields mats
Tesmanian mud flaps
Matte screen protector
Rubber cup holders and center console trays

Need a phone mount but don’t like any of the ones I’ve seen

Reactions: KyleLoren
Got this today.

“Tesla Update - Your Tesla is still in transit and could possibly be delayed based on it's current estimated arrival time. We may have to update your pick up appointment if it gets delayed any further. We'll keep your appointment where it is for now and give you as much of a heads up as we possibly can if we have to move the pick up time.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.”

If you can't make it to your delivery when they say they'll cancel it and give your car to someone else. But if they fail to make it to your delivery when they say they just say "sorry."

Seems about right.

M3 LR | MSM | WHITE INT | 19" SPORT WHEELS
OD: 10/29/21
EDD: 12/10-12/31
EDD2: 12/17-12/31

EDD changed after I was notified by SA on 12/10 that my account haD a red flag because I hadn't submitted my credit app. As soon as we hung up the phone my EDD changed to 12/17-12/31. So, I applied the next day. Informed my SA.

I received the viral text yesterday, about my car being built in December. Reply "DECEMBER" if you plan to take delivery, so I did.

Today, I received a call from a guy in Fremont, CA informing me that my car is scheduled to be delivered to my home on 12/20 (in 3 days) but he was surprised that there's not VIN assigned to my account. He advised me to call my SA regarding the VIN, so I did :) SA response is that 12/20 is still a loose estimated date therefore we will wait for the VIN.

Sounds like a lot of chaos and not much organization on the process between Fremont and SA. I'm eager to see how this plays out. I will definitely keep you all informed :)
Update: Checked my account 7 hrs later…got a VIN!!! I think I’ll have a car soon 😁

Anyones insurance go up..a lot…with their Model 3? Just called and got it added. When they take my 17 Mercedes off the policy it’s still going to be $1200 more per year than I’m paying now. Clean driving record, no accidents or tickets for my wife or myself in the last 20+ years.
I got a quote from Allstate. Was $635 more a year, coming off of a $20k more expensive BMW.
Makes absolutely no sense.
USAA was quoting ~$300 more a year so I’ll be switching to them.
If you have any close relatives in or out of military, it’s free to sign up.
Oh and their auto loan rates are excellent.
Geico wanted $1100 more a year.
Totally insane.

Anyone else buy accessories in anticipation of their impending delivery?
I have a Gen2 Nema 14-50 charging adapter for the mobile connector as I already have a 50amp 14-50 outlet in the garage.
I also have the aero wheel cap kit on the way.
Bought a mount for the front license plate, a center console tray, mud flaps, a screen protector, and aluminum pedal covers.

I got a quote from Allstate. Was $635 more a year, coming off of a $20k more expensive BMW.
Makes absolutely no sense.
USAA was quoting ~$300 more a year so I’ll be switching to them.
If you have any close relatives in or out of military, it’s free to sign up.
Oh and their auto loan rates are excellent.
Geico wanted $1100 more a year.
Totally insane.
Allstate in NY wanted to charge me over $1,500 a year MORE than my Audi A6. They quoted me $377/mo. I've used them for everything for over 20 years. I did some research with the agent, and we found the biggest difference in the cars was the cost of collision. The thinking is that because the battery runs along most of the length of the car, a collision would impact the battery and lead to costlier repairs.
I went online and got a quote from Geico that was less than half the price.
But I've heard from others that Geico rates were outlandish. Does it vary by state? Who knows. I think the folks that wrote the code for pricing these insurance policies are the same folks that wrote the code for Tesla VIN allocation.

Bought a mount for the front license plate, a center console tray, mud flaps, a screen protector, and aluminum pedal covers.
Hey fellow late nighter SoCal person. Did you EDD update? Same exact build as yours with 10/26 OD. EDD updated for a fourth today from (12/17-12/29) to 12/20-12/30. So frustrating having it shift this far from initial EDD (12/10-12/31) while other states are getting it earlier, with a much later order date too lol.

Hey fellow late nighter SoCal person. Did you EDD update? Same exact build as yours with 10/26 OD. EDD updated for a fourth today from (12/17-12/29) to 12/20-12/30. So frustrating having it shift this far from initial EDD (12/10-12/31) while other states are getting it earlier, with a much later order date too lol.
Have the exact same edd change as you. Now as of this morning also sitting at edd 12/20-12/30

It’s frustrating seeing some so-cal people get a text Atleast asking if they can take delivery in December. The fact I didn’t get one makes me wonder if i will get it this year