Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen anyone ever say anything about this before. Check out the text I got today from Tesla...

Hello,
Your Tesla is arriving soon, please confirm that you will be picking up your vehicle on your scheduled date 12/23/2021 11:00 AM If no response is given today, your appointment will be moved off the calendar and subsequently, your vehicle will be paired with another customer in line.

To confirm, please reply "YES".

OK, first issue is that my delivery date in my app is the 24th, not the 23rd. Second issue is, I've waited over 4 months for this car, and you're telling me that they would give away my VIN if I didn't see the text, or had a dead battery or something? This seems nuts. Anyone else ever get a text like this?

Because I've screenshotted every step of the process... here ya go [see attached] -- Totally part of the process.

Even if the dates are wrong reply to whatever TF they say... just say yes to the MF dress! XD

10 min after replying the "Review Documents" portion of the app opened up.

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 111
M3 LR | MSM | WHITE INT | 19" SPORT WHEELS
OD: 10/29/21
EDD: 12/10-12/31
EDD2: 12/17-12/31

EDD changed after I was notified by SA on 12/10 that my account haD a red flag because I hadn't submitted my credit app. As soon as we hung up the phone my EDD changed to 12/17-12/31. So, I applied the next day. Informed my SA.

I received the viral text yesterday, about my car being built in December. Reply "DECEMBER" if you plan to take delivery, so I did.

Today, I received a call from a guy in Fremont, CA informing me that my car is scheduled to be delivered to my home on 12/20 (in 3 days) but he was surprised that there's not VIN assigned to my account. He advised me to call my SA regarding the VIN, so I did :) SA response is that 12/20 is still a loose estimated date therefore we will wait for the VIN.

Sounds like a lot of chaos and not much organization on the process between Fremont and SA. I'm eager to see how this plays out. I will definitely keep you all informed :)

Reactions: sliggy
Just a couple hundred Benjamin’s usually

Yea, it was like $500. I should probably hold off until the new year, but I’m not confident in BBB being passed or Tesla being included (I’m likely wrong). Also, if I keep my current car past January 1st, I’ll owe personal property tax for the full year of 2022 on it, and I can almost guarantee when the year flips over, my 17’ Mercedes is instantly worth $1000 less…not to mention the 22 of my model (c300) that is being released literally any time now is a full redesign which will further decrease the value with mine becoming the ‘previous’ body style.

Reactions: GeoG
Anyones insurance go up..a lot…with their Model 3? Just called and got it added. When they take my 17 Mercedes off the policy it’s still going to be $1200 more per year than I’m paying now. Clean driving record, no accidents or tickets for my wife or myself in the last 20+ years.
I was with Liberty Mutual. They quoted me $3000+ for 6 months. Been with them for 18 years. Multiple policies.
Called State Farm for a quote and got $612 for 6 months.
I switched all my policies to them and Liberty Mutual didn’t seem to care.

I was with Liberty Mutual. They quoted me $3000+ for 6 months. Been with them for 18 years. Multiple policies.
Called State Farm for a quote and got $612 for 6 months.
I switched all my policies to them and Liberty Mutual didn’t seem to care.

I’m with Liberty Mutual as well, been with them for about 13 years when one of my younger fraternity brothers graduated and took a job with them. He’s out on paternity leave - I’ll give him a call direct after he’s back in the new year, but appears it may be time to shop around.

Reactions: GeoG
M3LR MSM Aero, Black Int, No FSD
OD: 10/29/21
EDD1: 12/17-12/31 (The first week after ordering)
EDD2: 1/16 - 2/13 (Date changed first week in November and stayed there)
Then on Monday 12/13 VIN assigned
EDD3: 12/24-12/31

Immediately called Tesla to say we are out of town for Christmas holiday and wouldn't be home till 12/31-1/1. Bit frustrating as there is no way I'm goning to cancel my vacation and holiday plans.

Nothing they can do, will only hold 3 days, so would have to drive 300+ miles from NH to NJ 12/27, 12/28 or 12/29.
I've been "Unmatched" from this vehicle and will have to wait till the next car shows up.
At least I might be making someone else here happy, good luck.
That’s my exact config! Maybe I’m next???

I'm surprised at the number of people who are saying that they're not sure if BBB will pass so waiting until Jan doesn't matter to them. I'm pretty comfortable myself but while I'd like my new Tesla now I'm going to wait because if the government wants to give me $8,000 or $10,000 I'm going to take it! I wouldn't be as comfortable as I am if I made a habit of turning down free money.

BTW, I think this is my first post on this forum but I was one of the folks who got up in the middle of the night and waited in line for a reservation in 2016 so I could buy the car 2 years later. I just sold my 4 year old LR RWD 2018 Model 3 this week for a shockingly high price (87% of the original price AFTER taxes, 96% before taxes). Wow, the used car market is crazy right now.

So I find myself here waiting for my new 2022 white/black/18 Model 3 despite the company's (and some of its fans) best efforts to lose me as a customer. While some of the experiences of dealing with the company can be rough the car itself is the best value in the EV space and incredibly fun to drive. I am keeping my eye on that i4, though.

I'm surprised at the number of people who are saying that they're not sure if BBB will pass so waiting until Jan doesn't matter to them. I'm pretty comfortable myself but while I'd like my new Tesla now I'm going to wait because if the government wants to give me $8,000 or $10,000 I'm going to take it! I wouldn't be as comfortable as I am if I made a habit of turning down free money.

BTW, I think this is my first post on this forum but I was one of the folks who got up in the middle of the night and waited in line for a reservation in 2016 so I could buy the car 2 years later. I just sold my 4 year old LR RWD 2018 Model 3 this week for a shockingly high price (87% of the original price AFTER taxes, 96% before taxes). Wow, the used car market is crazy right now.

So I find myself here waiting for my new 2022 white/black/18 Model 3 despite the company's (and some of its fans) best efforts to lose me as a customer. While some of the experiences of dealing with the company can be rough the car itself is the best value in the EV space and incredibly fun to drive. I am keeping my eye on that i4, though.
I only did it because of the unknown, an awesome trade in value on my current car, and the fact that there a few well-known issues that could crop up at any time on my out of warranty Mercedes at literally any point in time that would completely negate the potential savings with out an out of pocket expense, and then render the car effectively worthless from a trade-in stand point. It is a bit of risk management. Had we been at a point where we can run on one care for a few months, I’d have just sold the car outright and waited until next year - but it really came down to risk management for me.

Got this today.

“Tesla Update - Your Tesla is still in transit and could possibly be delayed based on it's current estimated arrival time. We may have to update your pick up appointment if it gets delayed any further. We'll keep your appointment where it is for now and give you as much of a heads up as we possibly can if we have to move the pick up time.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.”

I immediately called them to ask what kind of delay we were looking at, as I’m supposed to pick the car up on Sunday and sell my current car Monday. They couldn’t give me an answer, just said that “the truck the car is on isn’t moving.” Seems like that’s something you should be able to get in touch with the trucker about, but what do I know.

I really hope it’s not pushed back, as Sunday is the only day that I can take delivery of the car. I have to drive an hour to pick it up. Here’s hoping.

Anyone else buy accessories in anticipation of their impending delivery?
I have a Gen2 Nema 14-50 charging adapter for the mobile connector as I already have a 50amp 14-50 outlet in the garage.
I also have the aero wheel cap kit on the way.
I bought those two items, plus jack pucks, tuxmat mats, rear screen shade, front sun shade, and a camping mattress. Went a little wild on Amazon during black Friday!

Reactions: Floydsox