Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD 17th - 29th of DEC with an OD of 10/10…. I’m going crazy at this point lol
same exact EDD, OD of 10/11. entered my EDD 3 times this week, just to get an updated EDD 2-3 days later.

I know what I signed up for, and maybe I'm just impatient, but I'm starting to get offended lol. I see people wit 11/15 order dates with similar specs getting their cars last week.

Reactions: Kevtlara
CA orders gets the cars last
I think this is definitely a for now issue, once Giga Texas is fully operational Im certain the way deliveries are made will be much different and maybe the wait time will decrease significantly. Maybe once both factories are up and running we can just see how they make deliveries and to which areas so for future reference be better prepared for a wait. Buying early was just a good idea for price locking but sadly i bought one day after the only price change they’ve made.

I think this is definitely a for now issue, once Giga Texas is fully operational Im certain the way deliveries are made will be much different and maybe the wait time will decrease significantly. Maybe once both factories are up and running we can just see how they make deliveries and to which areas so for future reference be better prepared for a wait. Buying early was just a good idea for price locking but sadly i bought one day after the only price change they’ve made.
True. Once the Texas factory opens up, wait times will probably be reduced from time of order.

Imagine if you ordered last year, the M3 would even be cheaper before all the price hikes this year already.

Which kind of sucks, cause we get promised the same dates, but get jebaited into a later time, while others get it early.

I know it's a supply chain issue and demand is through the roof, or maybe I can't wait cause this is my first new car ever lol.

Someone please tell me its all worth it haha!
I hear you. My OD is 10/18 and no movement other than EDD changes. My initial interaction with my SA gave the impression that he has seen orders fill as quick as 1 month but here we are.

Which kind of sucks, cause we get promised the same dates, but get jebaited into a later time, while others get it early.

I know it's a supply chain issue and demand is through the roof, or maybe I can't wait cause this is my first new car ever lol.

Someone please tell me its all worth it haha!
It’s not. You’re better off get a Mini Cooper.

Jk

Of course it’s worth it. Especially with CA gas price!!!

Just received a text reply to last night's "Reply DECEMBER" message as follows: Still no VIN

Attachments

• IMG_3486.jpg
    IMG_3486.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 105
Haven't seen anyone ever say anything about this before. Check out the text I got today from Tesla...

Hello,
Your Tesla is arriving soon, please confirm that you will be picking up your vehicle on your scheduled date 12/23/2021 11:00 AM If no response is given today, your appointment will be moved off the calendar and subsequently, your vehicle will be paired with another customer in line.

To confirm, please reply "YES".

OK, first issue is that my delivery date in my app is the 24th, not the 23rd. Second issue is, I've waited over 4 months for this car, and you're telling me that they would give away my VIN if I didn't see the text, or had a dead battery or something? This seems nuts. Anyone else ever get a text like this?

Haven't seen anyone ever say anything about this before. Check out the text I got today from Tesla...

Hello,
Your Tesla is arriving soon, please confirm that you will be picking up your vehicle on your scheduled date 12/23/2021 11:00 AM If no response is given today, your appointment will be moved off the calendar and subsequently, your vehicle will be paired with another customer in line.

To confirm, please reply "YES".

OK, first issue is that my delivery date in my app is the 24th, not the 23rd. Second issue is, I've waited over 4 months for this car, and you're telling me that they would give away my VIN if I didn't see the text, or had a dead battery or something? This seems nuts. Anyone else ever get a text like this?
That’s crazy. I got another text today too

Tesla Update - We are thrilled to welcome you to the Tesla family in the next 10-14 days. Please reply "READY" to confirm you will be ready to take delivery of your new Tesla as soon as it is available. If you still need more time, please reply with the month you would like to take delivery in.