Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a mount for the front license plate, a center console tray, mud flaps, a screen protector, and aluminum pedal covers.
E199F3FA-2A08-4B4C-A0EA-9C90F421C4C2.jpeg

I’ve already installed my wall connector, ordered mats, cup holders and even the console wrap. Not expected to pick up until mid to late January though 😆. My anxiety is out of control right now.

Hey fellow late nighter SoCal person. Did you EDD update? Same exact build as yours with 10/26 OD. EDD updated for a fourth today from (12/17-12/29) to 12/20-12/30. So frustrating having it shift this far from initial EDD (12/10-12/31) while other states are getting it earlier, with a much later order date too lol.
So I got the “December” text on my first day of EDD then the dates changed overnight to 12/21-31.

It is kinda frustrating but honestly, it’s nothing new. What bothers me are the posts about waiting months and months and then Tesla sets a date of delivery and tells you if you can’t make it, they’ll give the car to someone else. Like what the heck?! Lol!

Allstate in NY wanted to charge me over $1,500 a year MORE than my Audi A6. They quoted me $377/mo. I've used them for everything for over 20 years. I did some research with the agent, and we found the biggest difference in the cars was the cost of collision. The thinking is that because the battery runs along most of the length of the car, a collision would impact the battery and lead to costlier repairs.
I went online and got a quote from Geico that was less than half the price.
But I've heard from others that Geico rates were outlandish. Does it vary by state? Who knows. I think the folks that wrote the code for pricing these insurance policies are the same folks that wrote the code for Tesla VIN allocation.
When we moved to Florida 4 years ago, Geico was the cheapest. Over the last 2 years, they really raised the rates and we switched to State Farm. The rate with my new M3 is $420 every 6 months.

Reactions: gokujou and EV70
Hi All,
Scheduled to pick up my M3LR blk/blk 19” on Dec 20. Goes in for tints next morning and powder coating on dec 27.
Got a call on Thursday 12/16 from an SA in Mt.Kisco that the car was going to be there fri and I could pick up earlier. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it work with our schedule (travel hockey mom 🤪) but hoping some of you get that call as well!
We use geico, monthly down only $8 so we will shop it around once we have the car in hand. Previous car is a Maserati so price should have been significantly less.
We have our NEMA 14-50 outlet installed and adapter is arriving Monday as well, looking to pick up some additional accessories.
Question about the sunshades, is it best to buy them from Tesla or have some of you found them on Amazon? How was the fit and quality on the Amazon ones?
Thank you!

Reactions: EV70
How much did you pay to have wall connector installed?
I did it myself. Got quoted $600 from an electrician, but he didn’t want to do some basic carpentry for the mounting block (which actually took the most time).

Parts were $300, so I saved a few hundred bucks. There are lots of helpful YouTube videos for installing a wall connector. But if you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself, I’d try to find a quote for less than $750. It’s a pretty simple job for an electrician as long as you don’t need to run a lot of wire.

Reactions: EvDoss
I did it myself. Got quoted $600 from an electrician, but he didn’t want to do some basic carpentry for the mounting block (which actually took the most time).

Parts were $300, so I saved a few hundred bucks. There are lots of helpful YouTube videos for installing a wall connector. But if you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself, I’d try to find a quote for less than $750. It’s a pretty simple job for an electrician as long as you don’t need to run a lot of wire.
Quoted $850 here in CT for a NEMA 14-50. Box is on the opposite side of the house (~70ft of cable needed) and I’m picky / want it flush with the drywall rather than mounted to the stud (+carpentry).

I too would do it myself, even have the holes boored, but want to stay to code and eventually finish the basement.

Quoted $850 here in CT for a NEMA 14-50. Box is on the opposite side of the house (~70ft of cable needed) and I’m picky / want it flush with the drywall rather than mounted to the stud (+carpentry).

I too would do it myself, even have the holes boored, but want to stay to code and eventually finish the basement.
Yeah, Romex cable runs about $150/50ft. Used to be a 1/3 of that before COVID. Luckily I only needed 45 feet

Planning to start my wall connector install this morning, but going to leave the connection back into the breaker box for an electrician. Already have everything I need for the job. Fortunately my younger son's baseball coach works for his fathers electric company so cost should be minimal to tackle that piece.
Good luck! I can’t imagine he’ll charge you much if you are just leaving the 6 gauge wire near the box. It’s a few minute process after that

Hi All,
Scheduled to pick up my M3LR blk/blk 19” on Dec 20. Goes in for tints next morning and powder coating on dec 27.
Got a call on Thursday 12/16 from an SA in Mt.Kisco that the car was going to be there fri and I could pick up earlier. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it work with our schedule (travel hockey mom 🤪) but hoping some of you get that call as well!
We use geico, monthly down only $8 so we will shop it around once we have the car in hand. Previous car is a Maserati so price should have been significantly less.
We have our NEMA 14-50 outlet installed and adapter is arriving Monday as well, looking to pick up some additional accessories.
Question about the sunshades, is it best to buy them from Tesla or have some of you found them on Amazon? How was the fit and quality on the Amazon ones?
Thank you!
I'm Mt Kisco also. Would love to get that call!!!

A buddy of mine in Georgetown, MA had the wall connector installed and got half the cost back as a credit from the electric company. Not sure if that was just for the connector itself which you may have already received, but worth looking into if not.

Not as bad as it sounds. I believe 100 feet of that wire will run $400. That's without the box and breaker and labor

Hi All,
Thank you!
IMO this is the best one after have 2 others.

autoheatshield.com

Good luck and you won't be disappointed!

I was quoted $750 but I’d have to buy the wire myself (need about 75 feet). Seems like a lot right? That, plus the $550 for the wall charger puts me at over $1k. I will shop around.