Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 30 year old house has NEMA 6-20 outlets on 3 walls of the garage. That is 15 miles/hr. Plenty for daily use on an overnight charge, esp if I charge it at the work garage during the working hours.

Maximum power output and estimated charging speed for each adapter:

AdapterMax mileage gained per hour of charge
Model SModel 3Model X
Model Y
5-204434
6-15711510
6-201115814
10-3017221421
14-3017221421
14-5023302029
6-5023302029

Last edited:
Picked up last week, dec 11th! Very much fun to drive. Hope you all get your deliveries soon!View attachment 745609
Was that at Devon? If so, mine was in spot #2 when I got mine.
tesla pickup.jpg

M3LR MSM Aero, Black Int, No FSD
OD: 10/29/21
EDD1: 12/17-12/31 (The first week after ordering)
EDD2: 1/16 - 2/13 (Date changed first week in November and stayed there)
Then on Monday 12/13 VIN assigned
EDD3: 12/24-12/31

Immediately called Tesla to say we are out of town for Christmas holiday and wouldn't be home till 12/31-1/1. Bit frustrating as there is no way I'm goning to cancel my vacation and holiday plans.

Nothing they can do, will only hold 3 days, so would have to drive 300+ miles from NH to NJ 12/27, 12/28 or 12/29.
I've been "Unmatched" from this vehicle and will have to wait till the next car shows up.
At least I might be making someone else here happy, good luck.
Update 12/18/21
EDD4: 12/24-12/31
VIN#2: Got another VIN today!?! After having my order ”unmatched” I‘m not sure what is going on the backend but just sharing in case anyone has seen anything like this?

A recommendation for those of you who are installing a Wall Connector, other EVSE or NEMA 14-50 outlet. If your jurisdiction is one that requires a permit and / or inspection for that type of work I'd suggest not skipping them. While this type of equipment is straightforward to install and just as safe as any other electrical outlet when installed properly you don't want your insurance company to reject your claim if there's a mistake and you have a fire! Better safe than sorry.

PS: I don't seem to have any options to react to other people's posts (thumbs up, etc). Is there a trick to it?

Reactions: t.e.s.l.a_dude
My 30 year old house has NEMA 6-20 outlets on 3 walls of the garage. That is 15 miles/hr. Plenty for daily use on an overnight charge, esp if I charge it at the work garage during the working hours.

Maximum power output and estimated charging speed for each adapter:

AdapterMax mileage gained per hour of charge
Model SModel 3Model X
Model Y
5-204434
6-15711510
6-201115814
10-3017221421
14-3017221421
14-5023302029
6-5023302029

BTW, that limit of 30 miles of charge per hour for the Model 3 only applies if you use the cable that comes with the car. The Model 3 itself can charge faster. I have a 14-50 outlet but I use a 3rd party charge cable that plugs into the outlet to connect the car instead of the cable that came with the car because I had another brand EV also. When using my 3rd party cable my Model 3 was able to charge at 39 miles of charge per hour.

Reactions: enemji and EV70
I've been researching this question also. Here's what I've found. There are only 20 states that don't require a front plate. Tesla does not pre drill holes in the front grill. Instead they give you a front plate holder (probably hidden in your trunk) that has adhesives on it to attach to your car. @Plum Loco verified this for me. Many people are choosing not to attach to their front bumper and will take the chance on getting a ticket. It's usually something like a broken tail light from what I can gather.
I did find an option that doesn't permanently attach to the car. For me this works because I plan on taking it off when I driving out of state. We spend a lot of time down in SC, and they're one of the 20 that don't require front plate anyway. It's a little pricier than I would have expected though.

I bought the snapplate. Same concept, just different execution. My shipment was delayed by the USPS and the guys at EveryAmp (seller) were very responsive and helpful.

I've been researching this question also. Here's what I've found. There are only 20 states that don't require a front plate. Tesla does not pre drill holes in the front grill. Instead they give you a front plate holder (probably hidden in your trunk) that has adhesives on it to attach to your car. @Plum Loco verified this for me. Many people are choosing not to attach to their front bumper and will take the chance on getting a ticket. It's usually something like a broken tail light from what I can gather.
I did find an option that doesn't permanently attach to the car. For me this works because I plan on taking it off when I driving out of state. We spend a lot of time down in SC, and they're one of the 20 that don't require front plate anyway. It's a little pricier than I would have expected though.

It’s a fix-it ticket here in CA. I’d rather just display the plate than going through the hassle of going to wherever and proving that I’ve corrected the problem.

I did not want to mount the bracket that comes with the car, and I didn’t want to stick a vinyl wrap replica of the plate, and of course, I don’t want to drill anything into the bumper. So a removal plate mount was the best solution for me.

Reactions: EV70 and Paul4343