Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jut removed the hold (12/19)

im-not-a-patient-man.jpg

Reactions: montanaco
M3LR / Red / 18" Aero / Black+White / no FSD (yet)

OD: 3 December
EDDs:
initial, February​
next, 17 March - 15 April​
current (6 December), 19 - 31 December​
VIN: not issued

Trade in: 2015 MINI Cooper S

Colorado (between Denver and Ft. Collins)

While I'd love to back into a big BBB windfall, I've convinced myself that if T issues me a VIN and actually (somehow) hit this quarter per my latest EDD, I'd move forward with it. If I didn't take delivery ahead of other folks who are waiting until 2022, I'm not sure where my relatively recent order would shake out (end of Q1 or potentially pushed into Q2?!?).

I've got a Wall Charger on hand and should get an electrician's quote on Tuesday. Colorado has a 30% refund incentive available (through the end of this year).

8.96kW of solar on our roof. My 2nd vehicle is a '97 Wrangler. I'm a mechanical engineer who spent the first half of his career testing and designing consumer electronics devices who has recently switched over to a small satellite company (we don't own the naming rights to any NHL arenas, but we work with a company that does). Earlier in my career I've worked at a nuke plant and doing vibration testing on wind turbines at NREL's NWTC.

Looking forward to turning photons into torque!

Woke up at 1am to refresh my account (don't judge me) and saw that there was a "Model 3 Vision system, accept?" message. I accepted. The web page responded with a VIN and a late December EDD window. Woo!!

I am a web order and have yet to communicate with a human regarding this order. I'll need to as I've got to adjust my financing terms (I've got a trade in, but its valued such that I'd end up with a $2200 credit on my account, and I'd much rather use that to knock down the loan amount). No "DECEMBER" text for me. No texts at all other than the first 30 minutes after I placed the order.

With destination charges, the car's valued at something stupid like $55.4k, so I'm really not sweating potentially missing out on the BBB refund. I got my wall charger installed last Tuesday (looks good). I need to figure out the clear bra and tint (I've got one quote), along with insurance (I have a tentative quote). I figure I may want to inspect the car and allow for one service appointment before moving forward with the protective film on the front. I've *got* to figure out winter rims and rubber ASAP (one assumes Colorado's Front Range will receive snow at some point this winter). I've already got the jack and jack-point pucks (I've been swapping winter wheels on my last couple of MINI Coopers, so I'm good there -- though I'm a bit concerned about not being able to use my current jack stands as I don't anticipate using my jack-up via two-by-four on-the-frame-between-jack-points strategy then resting on jack stands under the jack points, as I've done in the past. I see products exist for fancier jack stands).

TMC knows. My wife knows. The nosy neighbor across the street knows (he couldn't allow the electrician to be in our garage 5 minutes before coming over to ask what's up). A former co-worker knows (he was my potential referral). The EV Charger Teams group at work knows. But that's the whole list. My daughter may figure it out when she comes over for Christmas (if she notices the wall charger so like maybe a 10% chance). But there will be a lot of surprised eyes in the future when I start rollin' up in my fancy new red robot car ("The Satellite of Love").
OD: 12/3
EDDs ranged from "February" to "17 March - 15 April" to "19 December - 31 December"
VIN issued: 12/17
Delivery Scheduled 12/18 for 12/27!

I finally spoke with a Tesla employee yesterday to make an adjustment to my Tesla Loan terms and get some details necessary for my insurance company. He (Dave) was awesome. I told him he was my first Tesla human contact and he immediately responded with "Are you sure? I could be a robot." 🤣 He was super effective in that I could see my loan adjustment online immediately after the call and as he had promised, he looked up the necessary information for my insurer and had texted it to me within five minutes. Fantastic customer service, even on a Saturday morning.

After our call but before I was able to get documentation showing my VIN would be insured (apparently a Colorado-specific requirement), I was able to schedule my delivery (options appeared both via text and via email). I, of course, took the first available, which conveniently is a day I have off from work. Extra conveniently, despite my initial contact via the webpage, is that they are (apparently) dropping off to my address rather than requiring me to come to a local office. (I say apparently, because I've seen too many stories here on TMC where folks were told one way initially, but at the hour of delivery discovered the other is actually how things will be transacted.) The scheduling process included a big disclaimer about not being able to resolve delivery at the scheduled hour if there were unanticipated issues with transportation of my car to the local area.

So now I've got to figure out if my plates really will transfer off of my trade-in vehicle (which was a selection I made at the time when I had to decide which local office I'd be travelling to when picking up my new car, so how likely is that to match reality?!?). I've got four more days of commuting into my workplace via my ICE vehicle at 40 miles round-trip per day and 4 bars on my gas gauge, so I'm pretty sure I've got one more trip to the local petrol pusher to stick a nozzle down my chute. (I do have a second ICE vehicle, so I can't claim this is my last ever trip to a gas station, and my wife currently drives an ICE vehicle as well.) I suppose I need to clean out my trade-in vehicle.

I've done a fantastic job of keeping this under wraps from my non-wife family, so I should have some fun experiences of sharing the news with some immediacy. I'm totally stoked! (Also, holy cow -- 24 days from order to owner! I'm way lucky here. Probably helps that my vehicle is valued at $400 above the eligibility for 2022's mythical federal rebate cut-off. Future The Meal will be bummed if this white interior and a little bit of impatience ends up costing $8.5 k, but that's that guy's problem.)

Reactions: EvDoss and Floydsox
Is your pickup center Buena Park or a different SC?
Buena Park. I initially applied for a car loan through Tesla (which i regret). I found a better APR w/ my credit union. Tesla said that since I am choosing to use an outside lender that my car would have to be picked up rather than being delivered. My car still shows delivery. I’ll keep you updated.

Reactions: Kevtlara
Personally I think your certainty is premature. And even if they do end up scrapping the current versions of the BBB bill I suspect they'll pass something in the new year that contains the EV tax credits.
I do believe there will be something related the EVs, just not sure what it will be. They are trying to pass too much stuff in that bil. Good on president manchin to shut it down and reset.

Well I’m glad you are getting your M3 next week!

I originally was setup to pickup in Buena Park and switched to irvine, regretting that decision lol.
Buena Park. I initially applied for a car loan through Tesla (which i regret). I found a better APR w/ my credit union. Tesla said that since I am choosing to use an outside lender that my car would have to be picked up rather than being delivered. My car still shows delivery. I’ll keep you updated.

Black on black LR AWD no FSD

OOD 11/18/21
Original EDD: January
2nd EDD updated 11/20/21: 12/13/21-12/31/21
3rd EDD updated today 12/14: 1/17-2/14

Was planning on this being a Xmas gift for the wife but apparently that dream is ruined now.
Update today at noon cst
Vin assignment, vision agreement and EDD update to 12/21-12/27 !

Did you get a new EDD?
No new EDD yet. My original order date was 9/7. Put on hold on 10/29. Never had a VIN. Ordered a Blue M3LR, all else standard. I am trading in a car. Don’t know if that’ll impact my chances of getting delivery sooner vs. later.

WOW that was fast.... under an hour after removing the hold, new VIN and vision agreement.
EDD: 12/22-12/27

Tesla not pushing end of year deliveries? Malarkey!
You give me hope! Keeping my expectations in check, though. Congrats!

Personally I think your certainty is premature. And even if they do end up scrapping the current versions of the BBB bill I suspect they'll pass something in the new year that contains the EV tax credits.
Not trying to drive a political discussion. Sorry about that. Looks to me like something radically different than BBB would be required to get new EV credits, and don’t see that happening with midterms coming up. Then, I’m not patient enough to wait past midterms to see, especially with Tesla forcing folks to $#!+ or get off the pot.

Reactions: CarlThompson