Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to wait for a car guaranteed to come with the Ryzen chip, rear glass upgrade, new battery and middle airbag but we've been down to a single car now for 3 weeks and it's getting tough to arrange everything as is. Therefore I'll take what I get when the time comes. As for resale I don't think any of this will matter except to fellow car geeks and if the current climate remains it'll be easiest to just sell to Caravana, et al. Heck our '18 M3LR I sold on 12/24 didn't even have basic autopilot as I didn't opt for it at purchase time but it didn't affect resale that I could discern.

• Helpful
Reactions: fcM3
Hi! I've been an avid reader on this forum and also complied with the mandated 10 times a day checking the app, website and source code for the VIN.
Here is my timeline:

Order Date: 10/19/21
EDD 1: 15th Nov 21 to 15th Dec 21
EDD 2: 1st Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21
EDD 3: 15th Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21
EDD 4: 24 Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21
EDD 5: 26th Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21

24th Dec 21 - VIN Received
24th Dec 21 - Put on hold till 1/2/22

31st Dec 21 - Hold automatically removed, VIN unmatched.
1st Jan 22 - EDD: TBD
EDD 6: (Updated 1/4/22) 8th Jan 22 to 22nd Jan 22
EDD 7: (Updated 1/9/22) 15th Jan 22 to 12th Feb 22

Called Tesla SA today to get some more info. My car will be built next week (1/19/22) and should expect delivery before 1/24/22.
Assuming the news on the cars built on and after 1/11/22, I am expecting the AMD Processor. (Did not get a confirmation on this from the SA)

Super excited to get delivery in the coming 10 days! Car being sent from Fremont to Sunnyvale for Pickup.

Hi! I've been an avid reader on this forum and also complied with the mandated 10 times a day checking the app, website and source code for the VIN.
Here is my timeline:

Called Tesla SA today to get some more info. My car will be built next week (1/19/22) and should expect delivery before 1/24/22.
Assuming the news on the cars built on and after 1/11/22, I am expecting the AMD Processor. (Did not get a confirmation on this from the SA)

Super excited to get delivery in the coming 10 days! Car being sent from Fremont to Sunnyvale for Pickup.
Congrats, can you share your configuration?

Good to see deliveries being made to Denver! Your delivery leapfrogged over several of us who ordered before you but still have no VIN or Delivery Date. What's the difference? <scratching head> Color? Wheels? Seats? Luck of the draw? I'm just thankful that they have enough drivers to deliver the cars and enough people to handle the paperwork. There are so many worker shortages, like electricians. I can't even get an estimate for a 14-50 circuit.
M3 Blue/White/19" No FSD
OD: 12/10
EDD: 2/22-3/22
Leapfrog is such a harsh term...Let's assume there is some method to the mayhem :) I will admit, every post with Blue/Red and MSM I have read over the last week appears to be delayed (relative term of course)...As for north Colorado, could be that the fires are impacting how those deliveries are to be made.

Edit - I had several folks come out and provide quotes for the 14-50. Some were pretty high, others relatively low; received a total of 3 bids but ended up going with a neighbors good buddy that I hadn't realized could do this type of work.

Interesting - I got a call about two weeks back. Centennial had an exact copy of mine, except black seats (which is what you ordered). They were asking if I wanted to take ownership that day. I said no only because I am dying for the white seats, but that vehicle obviously went to someone...
They called me for that vehicle... but I accidentally missed that call from Tesla and it was gone!

Leapfrog is such a harsh term...Let's assume there is some method to the mayhem.

No ill will toward those who are lucky to get their cars built sooner. I have no reason to expect mine before Feb. 22, and even that is optimistic. Anyone who gets theirs early should consider buying a lottery ticket like the guy in L.A. who got yanked from his crashed airplane 3 seconds before it was demolished by a train. There's lucky, and then there's LUCKY!

I had several folks come out and provide quotes for the 14-50. Some were pretty high, others relatively low; received a total of 3 bids but ended up going with a neighbors good buddy that I hadn't realized could do this type of work.

Once again, luck is on your side. When the first electrician showed up and opened my breaker panel, little pieces of plastic started falling out followed by bits of breaker parts. 2 electricians won't touch it without a new panel and the 3rd won't call back. And yes, there is a shortage of appropriate breaker boxes. Suddenly a few thousand $ for M3 paint, seats, etc, pales in the face of replacing my ailing breaker panel. Hello, Dryer Buddy?

I’m another delay victim

OD: 11/3
First EDD: End of December 2022
Delivery #1: 12/6 emailed to schedule 12/14 to 12/17.
Put on hold due to being out of town
12/30 took off hold
EDD: 1/13 - 2/10
EDD: 1/19 - 2/2
EDD Today: 1/27 - 2/27

White/Black seats/Aero wheels. No FSD

I’m another delay victim on east coast. I’m wondering if their supply chain issues are the cause.

Delivery #1: 12/6 emailed to schedule 12/14 to 12/17 delivery.
Put on hold due to being out of town for holidays.
12/30 took off hold
EDD Today: 1/30 - 2/27

I’m another delay victim on east coast. I’m wondering if their supply chain issues are the cause.

Delivery #1: 12/6 emailed to schedule 12/14 to 12/17 delivery.
Put on hold due to being out of town for holidays.
12/30 took off hold
EDD Today: 1/30 - 2/27

Typo. Original EDD end of December 2021 not 2022 🤣

Anyone get a vin number starting 151 and end up getting the new chip/battery? Learned the car was built on 1/8 so hopeful that it may have new things, but i wonder if it was in the inventory due to someone declining because it didnt have the new chip.. *mind spiraling*
A Tesla agent told me they can’t pull the CPU info from the VIN or window sticker but they can pull the 12v battery info.
I have a VIN 151xxx built on 1/8.
He said they have no idea on the CPU but shows it has the new 12 Li battery.
He also said most likely if the car has the new battery, it will have the new CPU.
I’ll confirm 1/22.

Here is my timeline:

In same situation. I stopped calling SAs because they just read a script given to them. my EDD in 2022 changed 4 times. Whenever I call SA, she gives me same answer that your car is being built and you are going to get your VIN by tomorrow. Seems miners are still mining Li for my car. I stopped even looking at the Tesla App, whenever they are ready they will reach out to me.

Hoping to get a newer chip isnt that outlandish of a thought if you're intent on keeping this vehicle for a while, especially at the cost.
I think this comment is reflective of why there is so much debate about the AMD vs Intel chip. I think a lot of early news articles and speculation assumed the “new” AMD chip would be the same systen used in the Models S/X

It should get cleared up up that while this is a “new” chip to the Model 3 it is not new chip technology. It’s about 4 years old (the Intel chip is 5). This is more of a lateral chip move to one that has some better performance on benchmarks, but it is far from “new tech” or an “upgrade”.

To continure the analogy, this is like “upgrading” your soon to be obsolete iPhone 3g to an iPhone 5 with a similar style as the iPhone 13 but it is no where near an iPhone 13.

I do believe that the switch to AMD does foreshadow that a switch to the new high end AMD chips to the Model 3/Y in the future, but probably not for another year.

I would absolutely wait for the AMD chip if it was the same CPU and GPU system on the new S/X

• Disagree
Reactions: lonnielevi
In same situation. I stopped calling SAs because they just read a script given to them. my EDD in 2022 changed 4 times. Whenever I call SA, she gives me same answer that your car is being built and you are going to get your VIN by tomorrow. Seems miners are still mining Li for my car. I stopped even looking at the Tesla App, whenever they are ready they will reach out to me.
Yup my SA is completely worthless. Just need to keep refreshing my page waiting for a VIN

Reactions: PasadenaM3
I think this comment is reflective of why there is so much debate about the AMD vs Intel chip. I think a lot of early news articles and speculation assumed the “new” AMD chip would be the same systen used in the Models S/X

It should get cleared up up that while this is a “new” chip to the Model 3 it is not new chip technology. It’s about 4 years old (the Intel chip is 5). This is more of a lateral chip move to one that has some better performance on benchmarks, but it is far from “new tech” or an “upgrade”.

To continure the analogy, this is like “upgrading” your soon to be obsolete iPhone 3g to an iPhone 5 with a similar style as the iPhone 13 but it is no where near an iPhone 13.

I do believe that the switch to AMD does foreshadow that a switch to the new high end AMD chips to the Model 3/Y in the future, but probably not for another year.

I would absolutely wait for the AMD chip if it was the same CPU and GPU system on the new S/X
It might not be the newest chip, but they're completely different tiers of product. The Ryzen is not far off from what you'd get in a desktop 4 years ago. The Intel Atom on the other hand is weaker than many mobile phones from the time.

Ah, I see you’ve reached the acceptance stage. Bravo. I’ve made it through Bargaining (“if I take off hold now, maybe it’ll be delivered sooner!”) and nearly through Depression (“…another pushed EDD…”). Didn’t check the app immediately after work, so I’m getting close to Acceptance myself.