Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text from Dedham Tesla. They say the car is expected to be arrive on 1/21. And expected delivery in the week of 1/24. It's happening!

Edit: Config - Blue/White/18"/No FSD.
OD: 10/08. Hold taken off on 12/30 automatically.
What is your VIN? I have a 152XXX vin, just got off with my local service center and they confirmed it is a lead acid battery (which I'll also assume is the older intel chip). Not a big enough deal for me to cancel order/reorder, oh well! I have your same config, Blue/White/18", with EDD Jan 27-29th here in NC

What is your VIN? I have a 152XXX vin, just got off with my local service center and they confirmed it is a lead acid battery (which I'll also assume is the older intel chip). Not a big enough deal for me to cancel order/reorder, oh well! I have your same config, Blue/White/18", with EDD Jan 27-29th here in NC
152XXX too. I'm not too bummed about the battery and the chip.

Has anyone reported Ryzen for deliveries so far this year? I haven't seen any. Just a few at the end of 2021.
Yea this would be nice to know as it'll give the rest of us an idea of maybe what vin's will translate to the "new" production lines for Ryzen. Yes, even though you can't tell from the vin number if it has ryzen or not, once the car is taken..

Also, my spec will be probably pop up in inventory around next week (as per the agent) while I wait to release hold.

How was your experience with Vroom?
For what it's worth, I'm in the process of selling a vehicle to Vroom and it's been almost two weeks and it still hasn't been picked up and I have not been paid yet. Very poor communication from the start and if CarMax or Carvana are somewhat close to Vroom, I'd go with them instead. The only thing I have going for me is that I'm not in a huge rush to get the payment from Vroom because I'm still waiting for my M3

For what it's worth, I'm in the process of selling a vehicle to Vroom and it's been almost two weeks and it still hasn't been picked up and I have not been paid yet. Very poor communication from the start and if CarMax or Carvana are somewhat close to Vroom, I'd go with them instead. The only thing I have going for me is that I'm not in a huge rush to get the payment from Vroom because I'm still waiting for my M3
I’m in the same boat with Vroom. I started the process about two weeks ago and I’m waiting for a carrier to be assigned for pick up. Probably will take another week to get paid. They had the highest quote but only choose if you’re not in a hurry it get paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: samoots
152XXX too. I'm not too bummed about the battery and the chip.
Me neither, I thought I might be, but it'll be a wash in 5/10 years. Only super hardcore tesla fans will even know the small difference between the 2022 models. Definitely not worth having to reorder (at a $1000 increase), lose the $250 deposit, and wait another 3+ months.

I sold to Carvana and it was a smooth experience from offer to payment, if that helps.

Ordered MYLR 11/1. original estimate June 2022. Then moved to March 2022. Now July 2022. However, if order today 1/13, July 2022 s the estimate. So 3 months on order is the same as ordering today for the estimate? BTW a MYP is March 2022. It's like they only want to build performance cars.