Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SA told that battery would be Li-Ion, but he was not sure about AMD chip. Not sure if this is true, because I seriously doubt that they have full info of the BOM. Anyway, I don't care because technology is changing so fast that can't be up to date all the time. AMD chip will also become legacy in few months or year.

Reactions: KN0607
Lucky me...
I ordered M3 back on 12/05
Due to many people lifting their hold after 12/31 my EDD was pushed from Jan-feb to Feb-march
Having a car by end of January was so important to me...so I was constantly checking inventory if I could find any 2022 cars.
Today morning as a routine when I checked the inventory I found a MY 2022 and instantly I booked it...
DAMM got VIN and vision immediately in my app
My delivery window is Jan 19-jan 23
Happiness short lived...
Just got a call from local tesla agent saying that ''vechile was to be shipped from maryland but got damaged so VIN was taken off my account and have to wait till new VIN gets assigned ''
Now I am worried because the agent also said you will be in the line and would be getting the next available car....

Happiness short lived...
Just got a call from local tesla agent saying that ''vechile was to be shipped from maryland but got damaged so VIN was taken off my account and have to wait till new VIN gets assigned ''
Now I am worried because the agent also said you will be in the line and would be getting the next available car....
So will you be getting the M3 or MY whichever comes first?

Auto Loan Rates Just Went UP! All of the loan companies that Tesla works with now show an auto loan rate of 2.59%. Bank of America is still the lowest among large 3rd party lenders at 2.39%. Let's hope this is not a trend but I fear it is. Your rate already quoted by Tesla may not rise. To me, this is a bigger deal than the chip or the BBB. I would move as soon as you can, although some of us just can't.

Last edited:
Happiness short lived...
That should get you a car much faster than your original date, but it’s unlikely to meet you end of January deadline.

I got my VIN on 1/8 with an EDD of 1/25-1/29. Literally just got the text to schedule delivery and my date choices are 1/30-2/1

Auto Loan Rates Just Went UP! All of the loan companies that Tesla works with now show an auto loan rate of 2.59%. Bank of America is still the lowest among large 3rd party lenders at 2.39%. Let's hope this is not a trend but I fear it is. Your rate already quoted by Tesla may not rise. To me, this is a bigger deal than the chip or the BBB. I would move as soon as you can, although some of us just can't.
Not sure where you saw that. If you go and order a Model 3 right now it says 2.49% on Tesla's website.

I don't know. While on phone, seems he was looking at something. But as I mentioned, I don't think that he is having all information or he has been instructed to not share the details with customers.
Since they're not cooperating with checking if the vehicle has any of the updates via text, I texted if I can come by and verify in person. Was told no, I can't come look at the vehicle pre-delivery. Bizarre

The simplest clue is the range. If the EPA range changed on your car then that will mean new Battery (Li ions should be lighter), should give you 4-5 miles extra maybe
A ~20 lbs difference on a 4,000+ lbs car isn't going to give you anywhere near 4-5 miles of range. Under 1 mile for sure, if anything.

What method did they use to confirm? Window sticker? On-screen? My delivery center keeps texting me "there is not official announcement..." when I ask about if the vehicle has the updates.
I don't know exactly what he was looking at. I just started the conversation by mentioning I was assigned a VIN overnight and I was interested if it had the lithium ion 12v battery and/or the updated MCU and he said he could tell on his end it did not have either. He mentioned there is no guarantee that unmatching and waiting would result in getting one with those features, and that the next VIN assigned I will either have to accept or will lose the order fee. Ultimately I'm fine with that considering we don't need a second vehicle in the short term.

Reactions: TaroBaapG35
There must be a lot of VINs going out, because Elon just texted me 10 mins ago with mine.

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / MSM / White / Aero / No FSD
..snip..
12/14: Hold Placed
1/1: Hold Lifted
1/13: 7th EDD: 1/26 - 1/30
1/13: VIN Assigned (1536xx)

Elon just confirmed..... My M3LR does NOT include the upgraded battery or Ryzen chipset.

Gonna think about it for 24h, but I'm leaning toward cancelling and re-ordering. The price has not changed since my OD on Thanksgiving, and $250 is worth it (to me) for the upgraded battery and chipset.

It all depends on the how much increase in Power density! The EPA range already has changed on the site when you order the car. Its now 358miles
The EPA range changed from 353 miles for the 2021 model year to 358 miles for the 2022 model year. This is because the 2021 M3 was EPA tested with 2170C cells in Q3 2020 but has had 2170L cells since Q1 2021. It has nothing to do with anything related to the 12v battery as Tesla did not have the 12v lithium ion battery in the M3 when the 2022 model year EPA test was conducted in Q3 2021.

My 8/21 build date 2021 M3 LR received a software update in December and now charges to 358 miles instead of 353 miles, which was the original EPA rated range on my window sticker. This is because it has the same 2170L cells as the 2022 model year M3 LR and they "visually unlocked" those extra 5 miles of EPA rated range.

Elon just confirmed..... My M3LR does NOT include the upgraded battery or Ryzen chipset.

Gonna think about it for 24h, but I'm leaning toward cancelling and re-ordering. The price has not changed since my OD on Thanksgiving, and $250 is worth it (to me) for the upgraded battery and chipset.
To each their own, but just an outside-the-box perspective (momentarily of course). Today it's a chip and a battery, what's it going to be tomorrow? All this to say, this may be great right now but when the next best thing pops up, and trust me, Tesla will change something soon, it's easy to get stuck in that mentality.

Just my two cents, but of course if the battery and that chip is the end-all-be-all for your particular situation - Absolutely go for it!