Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on a side note -- used the tesla site to get a quote on a charger installation, 12k -- couldn't believe it.

then had a local guy come out (they are on the tesla preferred list) and quoted me a much more reasonable 3k (panel upgrade, trenching out to detached garage).

so basically if you're going to get the wall charger installed, don't get a quote through tesla.
That's a good deal with a panel upgrade. I Paid $5k for a panel upgrade to 200a, 70ft line run and 14-50 outlet. That was the average price for the 5 electricians that came out.

• Informative
Reactions: TesEv
Nope, not a surprise at all - expect a delivery range of 3-6 months depending on colour/configuration, your location, and how many TMC users place/release their holds and VINs(jk).
The last part is not a joke. We do it to ourselves real bad (us and the folks on Reddit). Wouldn’t be surprised if we collectively threw off the projections on delivery. Will take the end of quarter 1 push this year to clear the queue and reset.

Reactions: In_the_process
MY EDD updated this morning thankfully! It was Feb 07 - March 07 previously. My service advisor said my scheduled build date range is Jan 28th - Jan 30th with a projected delivery of Feb 8th, so it seems she was on to something, at least I hope! Expecting a VIN this weekend.

View attachment 760179
This is my exact EDD! Hope that means I'm on track with you? So far my SA has not provided me with any more info than normally provided.

The last part is not a joke. We do it to ourselves real bad (us and the folks on Reddit). Wouldn’t be surprised if we collectively threw off the projections on delivery. Will take the end of quarter 1 push this year to clear the queue and reset.
Well of peculiar note was an earlier comment in the thread complaining of the same thing, and at least 2 people gave a thumbs down. Can't seem to find it anymore 🤨

Reactions: In_the_process
Hi,

I ordered my model 3 long range and I was immediately given the delivery window as 20 January - 17 February. I was assured that most likely the actual delivery date would be in the middle of this window at around the first week of February. Now I just logged in to my Tesla account and the window has changed (without any notice to me by email or text message) to 30 January - 27 February.

I was upset with this delay and so I called customer service. The customer service representative told me that it could be delayed even further and there is never any guaranteed date. I could even wait until the summer or the end of the year! Furthermore, that my deposit is nonrefundable regardless of any delays whatsoever.

Is this true what he said? And is it common for the delivery window to keep changing/delaying?

Thanks for your help.

Wolfgang
Ordered in late August, still waiting. It is true. It seems like people living in areas where the demand is not too high get their cars faster. At least from what I gathered on this thread. In LA, one in 10 cars is a Tesla at this point... All exaggerations aside, some locations definitely have a faster turn around.

Well of peculiar note was an earlier comment in the thread complaining of the same thing, and at least 2 people gave a thumbs down. Can't seem to find it anymore 🤨

Thats because I deleted it, because I have already said (multiple times) that this thread will not be for discussion on why someone should or shouldnt wait for chips etc, or anything around that.

Ordered in late August, still waiting. It is true. It seems like people living in areas where the demand is not too high get their cars faster. At least from what I gathered on this thread. In LA, one in 10 cars is a Tesla at this point... All exaggerations aside, some locations definitely have a faster turn around.
I will call and check. You have the longest wait I have seen so far! You got the EDD?

Well y’all, Tesla has gone and done it… deliver my M3 that is! Full saga details below for those interested. Found nothing wrong when looking the car over at the delivery center. And, man, blue is the best color. Verified Intel (as SA had told me), but screen is plenty snappy for a new Tesla owner. I’ll pay my penance of pictures tomorrow before I sign off this thread!

M3LR Blue/Black/18”
OD: Sept 7, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: Oct ’21
9/7 EDD (OD+0): Oct 22-Nov 21
10/23 EDD (OD+46): Nov 4-Dec 2
10/29 Hold (OD+52): Placed till 1 Jan
12/19 Hold Released
12/20 EDD (Rel+1): Jan 8-Feb 5
12/24 EDD (Rel+5): Jan 4-Jan 18
12/29 EDD (Rel+10): Jan 4-Feb 1
12/31 EDD (Rel+12): Jan 9-Jan 23
1/10 EDD (Rel+22): Jan 22-Feb 19
1/12 EDD (Rel+24): Jan 23-Feb 4
1/15 VIN Received: 157XXX
1/15 EDD (Rel+27): Jan 26-Jan 30
1/20 (Rel+32): Delivery Scheduled for Jan 28
1/24 (Rel+36): Car arrived early at Tesla center
1/25 (Rel+37) Delivered!
Total waiting days (not counting hold): 89 days

You say that now then in a month they will add the heated windshield wipers, then you hold again then it will be the cooled seats. Then you hold again and it will be the new batteries, and you will just never get the car because they are always adding something new.
Don't make this any harder than it already is! 😵‍💫🥴😰

You definitely have a point, but I can't postpone forever if only because Tesla won't allow it. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and feel differently, but for now I'd rather wait another 6 weeks or so and hopefully pick up a slightly better car heading right into a beautiful spring full of great drives.

You say that now then in a month they will add the heated windshield wipers, then you hold again then it will be the cooled seats. Then you hold again and it will be the new batteries, and you will just never get the car because they are always adding something new.
Per the moderator’s note and my personal opinion, we should not criticize / make fun of anyone waiting or not waiting for the new chip and new 12V battery. Everybody has their own circumstance, budget, timeline, and preference. I totally understand people wanting the car ASAP and I totally understand people willing to wait a few weeks or months for the upgrades.