Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN this morning: 165xxx.

Specs: Model 3 LR, MSM, Black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD

Order date: November 11, 2021
Added payment info: December 24, 2021 (didn't realize that was needed to get in line until then)

Picking up this weekend from the Fremont factory. Didn't ask about MCU or 12v battery. I'll post about that after I pick it up.
Congrats! What was your edd window before you got the VIN? Quick turnaround from VIN to delivery in CA!

Once you get your appointment, get ready for a barrage of emails, texts, and automated phone calls asking to confirm the appointment and to remember to finalize all your documents/funding. The same barrage came after my first appointment last month. Last month, I had a delivery option. This month, the only option is a pick-up. I'm only 5 miles from the nearest Tesla center.

As far as finalizing your payment, they prefer to pay via Plaid. I found that more convenient than getting certified funds. If you're waiting for funding from a financial institution, ask your lender to send you a photo of the check along with tracking (FedEx) numbers. Tesla will take that as proof that your ducats are on the way.
I haven’t seen someone use “ducats” since high school Shakespeare….

When see so many deliveries of cars with black seats, it makes me want to switch. However, I know that as soon as I change my order from white seats to black, the factory will start installing all the white seats they have been sitting on for the last few months (pun intended). I think this is identified in a corollary of Murphy's Law: if something can go wrong, it'll go wrong on my seats.

Quick update, support chat confirmed that this M3 LR has Ryzen, new 12v battery, and heated wiper park. Unable to confirm double pane back glass, mentioned system does not specify this. Will try to confirm through customer support number (they haven’t picked up for some reason) then again through SA.
Another update — triple confirmed with SA, customer service line, and chat, it has all the new features sans double pane (can’t be confirmed). I think cars moving forward (at least LR) will be fitted with the newer parts unless it was a refused car. They also mentioned that the car’s birthday was 1/27 (just yesterday) and that the car is still in Fremont, not at the pickup destination (SoCal Burbank). Pickup arranged 2/2! It was a flurry arranging loan, insurance, etc all this morning but I think I have all my ducks in a row. Hope this is helpful/insightful to anyone!

Another update — triple confirmed with SA, customer service line, and chat, it has all the new features sans double pane (can’t be confirmed). I think cars moving forward (at least LR) will be fitted with the newer parts unless it was a refused car. They also mentioned that the car’s birthday was 1/27 (just yesterday) and that the car is still in Fremont, not at the pickup destination (SoCal Burbank). Pickup arranged 2/2! It was a flurry arranging loan, insurance, etc all this morning but I think I have all my ducks in a row. Hope this is helpful/insightful to anyone!
Hoping for a trouble-free transaction for you. I'm in Glendale, one town over from Burbank.

Reactions: jecsun
No. SA was able to just remove the VIN and put me back in line. His words - we'll match you to the next model 3. I assume he uses the word "next" liberally.
You should be fine. I rejected a VIN once and was not put back to the end of the line at all. In fact, although I made a color change in between, I got the second VIN assigned pretty quickly. What I understand from this is that you keep your place in the line based on your original order date.