Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging adapter question
How do we know which adapters are needed and which one needs to be used?

No one can tell you that because it depends 100% on what you currently have installed for charging, or plan to get installed, or where you expect to need to use those adapters. Note that, for most charging "on the go" you will not be using those adapters, unless your "on the go" is RV parks or something.

Reactions: illiniknick
Received VIN (165xxx) for M3 LR Silver on Sunday 1/30/22. Ordered in May 1st of 2020. I delayed delivery on purpose, by the way.

Stopped by local Grand Rapids Michigan store yesterday to make lien payment. Wired remaining balance this morning.

I am told Feb13/14 as possible pick up date by the sales people at the store.

(My latest estimated delivery date was Feb 10- March 9. then it change last week to Feb 13-27, if i recall correctly. Now EDD on the app is Feb 11-17. )

Quick update from my end: I have a hold until Feb 18 but I got an email today from Tesla that I need to remove the hold manually by Feb 10 or my order will be cancelled. The email also stated that the order will be cancelled if I put another hold after this one which is understandable. Let's see, fingers crossed that the VIN after Feb 10 has the updates, if not, I will cancel and re-order.

entered the dreaded EDD today with no VIN. not looking good.
Same. I am now in my 7th EDD (a 2 week or less window which truly means nothing - it's my 3rd one), and expect EDD #8 tomorrow morning. Definitely disappointed. All the SA could tell me is that I am due to get a VIN within the next 3 weeks, and at latest, would take delivery early March. OD was 12/8.:(

Received VIN (165xxx) for M3 LR Silver on Sunday 1/30/22. Ordered in May 1st of 2020. I delayed delivery on purpose, by the way.

Stopped by local Grand Rapids Michigan store yesterday to make lien payment. Wired remaining balance this morning.

I am told Feb13/14 as possible pick up date by the sales people at the store.

(My latest estimated delivery date was Feb 10- March 9. then it change last week to Feb 13-27, if i recall correctly. Now EDD on the app is Feb 11-17. )
Congratulations! This is exciting as it's the first Midwest 16xxxx VIN I've seen so far. Thanks for the update. I'm sitting on a EDD of Feb 9th - 23rd so getting closer! Also if you haven't already please update the order tracking sheet with your info.

Same. I am now in my 7th EDD (a 2 week or less window which truly means nothing - it's my 3rd one), and expect EDD #8 tomorrow morning. Definitely disappointed. All the SA could tell me is that I am due to get a VIN within the next 3 weeks, and at latest, would take delivery early March. OD was 12/8.:(
Really hoping you get a vin in the next day or 2.

All the SA could tell me is that I am due to get a VIN within the next 3 weeks, and at latest, would take delivery early March.

Well that's a lot more than my SA will tell me when they even bother to respond. They just tell me that no one knows any more than the EDD displayed in the app / on the web page. When I pointed out that other SAs seem to be able to give a general ballpark idea (as yours did) I got radio silence. I didn't think my SA could get even more useless from the last time I bought a Tesla but here we are!

I'm sincerely hoping that Punxsutawney Phil helps you break out of the cycle on Groundhog Day and you get your VIN instead of yet another repeat of new EDD and more waiting.

Reactions: Doggerton
Well, I got a similar response from my SA here in Cincinnati Ohio. My current EDD is feb 16 - mar 16. He looked something up in the system regarding my account and said that my vehicle is "scheduled" to go into production on feb 16 and "scheduled" to arrive in march 1st week. Now that scheduled part is not fixed i think and will keep changing hence moving the EDDs

You can go to the order page for nema adapters and there is a chart of charging speed of different types. Which one to install will be a big topic though.
Quick question ... what do most people do about charging cables? Use the one provided by Tesla for home charging and then toss it back in the trunk for on the road charging? Or buy a second charging cable so one stays in car and other stays connected at home? If the latter, what cable did you purchase (from Tesla? third party?)

Reactions: illiniknick
but what I AM saying is, there is no "lag" in my car, there is no issues with using any of the infotainment, etc etc.
Since you're posting as a user and NOT an admin please don't kick me off for this. Look I don't even have my car yet but the infotainment experience difference has been well documented. It may not bother you in the least but to say there's no lag compared to the new chip just isn't accurate. It's significant based on the videos I have seen. Again, may not bother you in the least which is cool too.