Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.41.22 PM.png

Found an inventory car (white/black/18) in Bay Area. While I was chatting with Tesla to see if it has AMD, someone bought it. Oh well...

Reactions: Maple00
Hello
I saw the nema 14-50 adapter is out of stock now, what else can I do? Do they sell in the sales center?
keep refreshing that page and also put in your email for an alert. I was looking for a 10-30 and while the email notification didn’t come I was able to see it after a few days of refreshes.

Also maybe I had the last one(or a whole lot of ppl bought all the new stock at the same time) coz it went out of stock the moment I bought it.

Reactions: Maple00
Hello

keep refreshing that page and also put in your email for an alert. I was looking for a 10-30 and while the email notification didn’t come I was able to see it after a few days of refreshes.

Also maybe I had the last one(or a whole lot of ppl bought all the new stock at the same time) coz it went out of stock the moment I bought it.
Thanks! Wish I wouldn’t get the car without the charger!

Hello

Wow, right after replying you I went to refresh the page and found it in stock! :p
Now everything is ready but the car…

I have a 2018 model 3P, and there is no current problem with it. i know people want the latest, etc, but all the people trying to act like there is a problem with the current chip when they dont HAVE it is irritating.

i am not saying anyone should decide one way or the other, but what I AM saying is, there is no "lag" in my car, there is no issues with using any of the infotainment, etc etc.

EDIT:.. reading to the end of the thread, I see you say you have "two other teslas in the family". Lets just say that my experience with it has been fine. Again, I am not saying a person should not wait, or wait, I am just kinda tired of the narrative that appears to be portray a laggy interface, problems touching the screen, etc etc, and I have experienced none of that over my 3 year ownership.

This isnt a moderator note, I am posting as myself as a regular user.

I like new tech as much as the next person, and for my wifes Model Y P that I ordered a week ago, I am going to want the new stuff, because its new, not because there is anything wrong with whats in my current vehicle.
This 👆 I totally agree with. No lag on my 2019 MY.

Reactions: hifixenthus
Just curious, when picking up(or having your new Tesla delivered), is the battery usually mostly charged?

That is going to be "it depends" (on delivery schedule, etc). When you get contacted for your delivery appointment, if you have a long drive home tell them you would like as much charge as possible and they can try to accomodate.

They dont all have superchargers at delivery centers, a lot of them have simple Level 2 chargers. There will definitely be "some charge" but I wouldnt expect it to be "mostly" charged without confirmation. Of course, I say that, and its likely someone says "but mine was....". which is why I said " it depends" (but dont count on it).

Charging adapter question
How do we know which adapters are needed and which one needs to be used?

You would need to check what your home can safely do. New homes (post 1996 builds in the US) can do 50A charging easy. Each adapter is rated to handle a specific max current as is the outlet it mates with.

You’d still need to find an outlet ( typically one for an electric dryer). Get a splitter installed if your dryer is using that outlet. Get an adapter for whatever outlet you end up using.

Reactions: disneygirl420
M3LR White/White 18" Aero, no-fsd (SF Bay Area)

OD: Nov 2 2021
1/28: Picked up!

As promised reporting back. Scheduled pickup at 10am moved to 5pm over the course of multiple delay text messages (12pm to 2pm to 5pm). Seems like Fremont is backed up for prepping cars for pickup. But car was ready at 5pm, definitely detailed and waxed.

It has the AMD chip and Li-Ion 12V (checked under the hood). As far as I can tell, no heated wiper park (not present in climate settings). And no rear double glazed windows.

And I can't find anything wrong with it, panels look consistent throughout, headlights and taillights look aligned with the other panels. It's great!
Congrats! Whats your last 6 vin?