Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got confirmation for delivery Feb 11.

M3LR MSM/Black 19' Sport, no-fsd (Surrey, BC)
OD: Jan 2/2022
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 24-March 24
EDD#3 Jan 21: Jan 24- Feb 8
EDD#4 Jan 26: April 2-April 30
EDD#5 Jan 31: Feb 10- March 10
EDD#6 Feb 1: Feb 4-Feb 15
EDD#7 Feb 2: Feb 2-Feb 6
EDD#8 Feb 3: Feb 3- Feb 7
EDD#9 Feb 3: Pick-up Feb 11
Good to see January ODs starting to get delivered

Reactions: Regaj and Johnl702
Supply chain issues come to mind as, perhaps, one reason for Tesla's mysterious inability to accurately predict delivery. But Tesla's delivery numbers in 2021 strongly suggest that whatever difficulties those supply chains impose... happen upstream of the factory floor. Tesla's parts people and software teams have clearly managed to make supply chain problems a manageable issue.

Anyone have a clue as to how Tesla derives the EDD dates that they do?

I can't help but think that downstream delivery issues are far out of their control. The availability of truck drivers has to be a huge factor and it probably varies on a daily basis. However, there are those of us who have had but one EDD for a long time. Are we somehow not affected by these delivery variables or do we have a supply of healthier and more reliable local truck drivers...or train engineers? You would think a technology company would have a better grasp of this, or at least say they do.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
Oh also, I forgot to mention: I got 1 year free Premium Connectivity! Yay! I have no idea how to find out about Ryzen and battery, and personally don't care too much about that, but I am happy to check and let you know for the sake of keeping track of VIN/feature updates if anyone can tell me how I can find out. I am so unbelievably happy with my car, it's totally worth the wait, I agree @Doggerton . Yours looks perfect in front of your cute house 🙌🏽😻!

Did you put your vehicle on hold or make any changes to the vehicle itself between October and delivery?

Just got my White/Black/18/no fsd LR delivered from Colma, CA

Experience was a lot better than my previous late dec 2020 delivery, which is to say they actually tried to present a good experience. Tires had been dressed, car was neat, rep was super friendly and had inspected the car before I got there.

The car visibly looks great - some very minor asymmetry of the front door panel gap and the passenger headlight protrudes maybe a mm higher on one side. but this is truly OCD

Will take it for a drive after the work day and hope I don't have any rattles or other unexpected surprises. Otherwise excited to be graduating from this room!

M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29 (Completed all tasks immediately, including trade in info)
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31

Tesla's trade in value provided for my 2016 BMW 328i was 12k less than the highest offer from an online portal, so changed to no trade in.

Exciting to see some Jan orders have started to get delivered, hoping new narrow range EDDs come soon.

Reactions: T4M3
Oh also, I forgot to mention: I got 1 year free Premium Connectivity! Yay! I have no idea how to find out about Ryzen and battery, and personally don't care too much about that, but I am happy to check and let you know for the sake of keeping track of VIN/feature updates if anyone can tell me how I can find out. I am so unbelievably happy with my car, it's totally worth the wait, I agree @Doggerton . Yours looks perfect in front of your cute house 🙌🏽😻!

So I guess you are no longer @In_the_process , but "out of the process" ;) 🤣

Congrats!

Does Tesla have a chat option? I got an original text from them when I ordered (random 510 area code number). I have replied to it asking if anyone receives my responses but never get a response. It's very hard for me to speak on the phone during the day but typing can be easy. Is there any type of chat function anyone is aware of? Anyone have a good text number that actually works?

Got off the phone with Tesla support and they couldn't provide any additional updates in terms of EDD. However, they said a big part of being prioritized is having your profile and financing squared away. He did say the vehicle configuration plays a part and that I look like I'm in good shape and would expect the date to narrow soon.