Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
White/Black, no FSD and 18" Aeros
OD: 10/26 Buena Park CA
Original EDD was 12/14-12/24
Placed my order on hold until 1/5/22
1/17 passed on VIN 154XXX
1/25 assigned VIN 159XXX but passed and place another hold until 2/15
Received email to remove hold by 2/10 or have order canceled
Removed hold this morning and was assigned VIN 171XXX about 4 hours later
EDD 2/3-2/9

We sold our 2020 Model 3 SR+ to carbuyerusa, so looking forward to the LR!

Hi. So I have been reading on here for quite sometime after ordering my white/white aero no FSD at the beginning of November 2021. I went to my dealership here in columbus ohio and placed my order with a SA. I was told by him that I didn’t need to do anything with payment until a VIN was assigned that all I needed to pay was the $250 order fee and I could do down payment and all other payment things if I choose leasing or cash whatever I wanted later. So I came home filled out my account stuff, registration, no trade in and delivery location, once it got to payment I left it. I believe my original EDD was 12/15-12/31 and about a week or 2 after I ordered the delivery date change to 1/15-1/31. I wasn’t holding my breath on the December date. So then on January 5 the EDD changed again to my currently EDD 2/19-3/19. I then reached out on 1/6 to Tesla because I was having the outlet installed in my garage on 1/6 and I was wanting an update on when the delivery could possibly be since I was about to spend a lot of money to have that installed. The lady on the phone informed me that my pre-delivery task was not complete and that I needed to fill out the payment part like choosing which way I planned on paying for the car. I was frustrated at that time because I under the impression I didn’t need to do that until a VIN was assigned. I NEVER got a text, call or email regarding my task not being complete which was also frustrating. I filled out the credit app and was instantly approved. Obvi that is only good for like 90 days. I am still seeing a EDD of 2/19-3/19. I’m not sure if I’m in line from my original order date of I believe was 11/5 or 11/7 or 1/5 when I completed the payment section.

Hi. So I have been reading on here for quite sometime after ordering my white/white aero no FSD at the beginning of November 2021. I went to my dealership here in columbus ohio and placed my order with a SA. I was told by him that I didn’t need to do anything with payment until a VIN was assigned that all I needed to pay was the $250 order fee and I could do down payment and all other payment things if I choose leasing or cash whatever I wanted later. So I came home filled out my account stuff, registration, no trade in and delivery location, once it got to payment I left it. I believe my original EDD was 12/15-12/31 and about a week or 2 after I ordered the delivery date change to 1/15-1/31. I wasn’t holding my breath on the December date. So then on January 5 the EDD changed again to my currently EDD 2/19-3/19. I then reached out on 1/6 to Tesla because I was having the outlet installed in my garage on 1/6 and I was wanting an update on when the delivery could possibly be since I was about to spend a lot of money to have that installed. The lady on the phone informed me that my pre-delivery task was not complete and that I needed to fill out the payment part like choosing which way I planned on paying for the car. I was frustrated at that time because I under the impression I didn’t need to do that until a VIN was assigned. I NEVER got a text, call or email regarding my task not being complete which was also frustrating. I filled out the credit app and was instantly approved. Obvi that is only good for like 90 days. I am still seeing a EDD of 2/19-3/19. I’m not sure if I’m in line from my original order date of I believe was 11/5 or 11/7 or 1/5 when I completed the payment section.
I don’t know what Tesla considers your original OD as people on this forum have had SAs tell them many different things, but I can tell you that if you finance through Tesla, the financing terms are generally good for only 60 days. Today is day 60 since I applied and the SA I spoke with told me that my terms expire today. So I have to reapply. I’m going with another financial institution to hopefully get a better rate.

Welcome to Tesla, the cars are amazing but you have to deal with things like this. Definitely a fast growing company with some growing pains.

For whoever might need some reference in Washington state, Snohomish county. white with black interior, aero wheels.
Ordered on Dec 5th.
Multiple date changes.
Never put the car on hold.
Got vin of 170xxx today. SA states its coming off the line now. Today is Feb 3rd. Delivery window changed to Feb 6th to Feb 10th.
I didn't ask about Ryzen or lithium battery. I assume by this point it has it.
They said I could not pick it up on Bellevue or Lynnwood and that I had to have home delivery.

I inquired again in regards to filling out the finance information prior to getting a VIN assigned. This is what I was told:

Thank you for your call earlier! I wanted to clarify with you that you do not have to submit your credit application until you are assigned a VIN number. While our finance applications are good for 60 days and your estimated delivery is the end of February, we advise to wait until you are assigned a VIN to submit your credit application to have a secure delivery timeframe in mind. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great night,

I rejected delivery of white on black, no fsd, aero on 1/28 due to a number of defects. Tesla put the order on hold which I released on 2/2. Got VIN today with EDD 2/17-2/21. Owings mills, MD delivery location
I have the same scenario. Rejected the car on the 31st and the car was put on hold until 4 Feb. The same day the car came off hold and now has an EDD of 31 Jan - 4 Feb. Not sure what's going on.

I inquired again in regards to filling out the finance information prior to getting a VIN assigned. This is what I was told:

Thank you for your call earlier! I wanted to clarify with you that you do not have to submit your credit application until you are assigned a VIN number. While our finance applications are good for 60 days and your estimated delivery is the end of February, we advise to wait until you are assigned a VIN to submit your credit application to have a secure delivery timeframe in mind. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great night,
This would be nice to know at ordering

Does Tesla have a chat option? I got an original text from them when I ordered (random 510 area code number). I have replied to it asking if anyone receives my responses but never get a response. It's very hard for me to speak on the phone during the day but typing can be easy. Is there any type of chat function anyone is aware of? Anyone have a good text number that actually works?
I used the "chat" option prior to submitting my order, but the chat was unavailable and they used the email I provided in the "call back" section to respond to me. After submitting my order and deposit the same SA sent me a quick email congratulating me on my order and answered the various questions I had through several back and forth emails.
Interesting.....I specifically asked him that and he said it didn't make a difference. I guess I'll fill out the forms just in case.
I just followed this thread's advice and put cash as my payment option. Eliminates a possible headache (credit check/rate change). My SA confirmed they have no issue switching payment options for you anytime.

Just got confirmation for delivery Feb 11.

M3LR MSM/Black 19' Sport, no-fsd (Surrey, BC)
OD: Jan 2/2022
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 24-March 24
EDD#3 Jan 21: Jan 24- Feb 8
EDD#4 Jan 26: April 2-April 30
EDD#5 Jan 31: Feb 10- March 10
EDD#6 Feb 1: Feb 4-Feb 15
EDD#7 Feb 2: Feb 2-Feb 6
EDD#8 Feb 3: Feb 3- Feb 7
EDD#9 Feb 3: Pick-up Feb 11
Wow that was fast. Lucky you. I have the same OD down here and am stuck at Feb 18th-Mar 18th. Same build without the sport wheels.

Took delivery today of 2022 M3 LR at Portland, OR Tesla Center. OD was Nov 27th with no holds or VIN rejections. MSM with black interior and no FSD. VIN 165xxx and has AMD Ryzen chip and Li-ion 12v battery. Delivery process went smoothly and efficient. Car was pristine and could not identify any problems or issues in 30 minutes of examination.

For the past year I’ve been driving the wife’s 2021 Model Y and enjoying the experience. Even went on a 6000 mile road trip last Spring and the car performed flawlessly. Driving the Model 3 is more comfortable for me with added legroom and of course it sits lower to the ground. Feels like you’re driving on rails with very good visibility. The only trouble area for me being 67 and 6ft tall is entry and exit from the vehicle. I need to familiarize myself more with the Easy Entry settings and see if that helps. Otherwise the car, so far is loads of fun to drive. Looking forward to accessorizing it as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.