Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As planned, we took delivery this afternoon at the Knoxville location. Even after watching dozens of videos, it was still like drinking from the proverbial firehose.

Drove around a bit. It took a pretty long while for the autopilot to calibrate, but I’m told that’s normal. It will take a while for simple things to become intuitive, but I have no doubt they will. Road noise is a little higher than expected, on par with our Clarity. Getting the music and podcasts to play reliably via Bluetooth may take a while to figure out, making me really miss the simplicity of CarPlay.

But a lot of that goes beyond the purview of this thread. Car’s home, we’re going to take turns driving around tomorrow and I guess it’s time to graduate from this thread. But I know you’ll be seeing me around on other corners of this forum. It’s been fun, and good luck to all those still awaiting delivery.

51863448847_7b304175e4_z.jpg

I also need to come up with a new avatar!

Last edited:
As planned, we took delivery this afternoon at the Knoxville location. Even after watching dozens of videos, it was still like drinking from the proverbial firehose.

Drove around a bit. It took a pretty long while for the autopilot to calibrate, but I’m told that’s normal. It will take a while for simple things to become intuitive, but I have no doubt they will. Road noise is a little higher than expected, on par with our Clarity. Getting the music and podcasts to play reliably via Bluetooth may take a while to figure out, making me really miss the simplicity of CarPlay.

But a lot of that goes beyond the purview of this thread. Car’s home, we’re going to take turns driving around tomorrow and I guess it’s time to graduate from this thread. But I know you’ll be seeing me around on other corners of this forum. It’s been fun, and good luck to all those still awaiting delivery.

beautiful car! I'm also waiting for a red one.

I remember in 2006 when I got a prius. that was my first car with a screen and no key. It was challenging to get used to. I picked it up at a dealership 100 miles away on a rainy and foggy November night. I couldn't figure out how to turn on the defog, so I had to keep the window cracked open.
I know for sure the learning curve will be the same when I pick-up my model 3.
Good luck learning the ropes!

That’s gorgeous, same as what I ordered. Congratulations. Can’t wait for my turn, I haven’t told my son I ordered it, the secret is killing me!

• Funny
Reactions: T4M3 and Blackfish
Happy to say I graduated from this forum today. Love the car! Minor fitment issue with door or door trim that I'm going to have to get sorted, but otherwise perfect.

Still learning all the ins and outs. And of course, after an hour of driving and finding the UI to be intuitive... Updated the software and back to square 1.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. It's worth it.

She’s a beauty!

what's the latest time in your respective timezones have you all seen EDD changes or VIN assignments?
(I've mainly noticed people post about EDD changes as well as my own changes in the morning, CST)

Might help me stop checking so much 😂

Congratulations! The red looks extra beautiful in that evening light. 😍

Woke up today to a Vision Agreement notification on my account. Then I got a text (before I accepted Vision Agreement) from the mysterious tesla account (ie i guess my SA?) telling me "the car is built and on the way. Would I be able to take delivery on saturday the 19th of feb".
Sure, why not. I wanted it later (after the snow is mostly gone maybe mid March) but I'm now more worried about the pending interest rate increase.
So from my 8th EDD range of Feb 13-27, I'm now looking at a booked date of Feb 27.
With all the fluctuations in EDD, it said February when I placed my order, and I'm getting it late February.

Where are my other Toronto area M3 order holders at? We should all be getting these notices soon if you ordered in the last 2 or 3 months i would guess.
Oh, and the VIN is 169xxx according to the source code. Not officially sent to me yet.
Awesome Blackfish, looks like I'm about 1 week behind you.
M3LR Blue/Black/18"/noFSD, Toronto-Lawrence
OD: Dec 16
Current EDD: Feb 20 - Mar 6
No VIN yet.
Fingers crossed and good luck to you.

Reactions: Crany
Woke up today to a Vision Agreement notification on my account. Then I got a text (before I accepted Vision Agreement) from the mysterious tesla account (ie i guess my SA?) telling me "the car is built and on the way. Would I be able to take delivery on saturday the 19th of feb".
Sure, why not. I wanted it later (after the snow is mostly gone maybe mid March) but I'm now more worried about the pending interest rate increase.
So from my 8th EDD range of Feb 13-27, I'm now looking at a booked date of Feb 27.
With all the fluctuations in EDD, it said February when I placed my order, and I'm getting it late February.

Where are my other Toronto area M3 order holders at? We should all be getting these notices soon if you ordered in the last 2 or 3 months i would guess.
Oh, and the VIN is 169xxx according to the source code. Not officially sent to me yet.
Awesome Blackfish, looks like I'm about 1 week behind you.
M3LR Blue/Black/18"/noFSD, Toronto-Lawrence
OD: Dec 16
Current EDD: Feb 20 - Mar 6
No VIN yet.
Fingers crossed and good luck to you.

Reactions: Blackfish