Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, what part of the source code has the VIN in it?
I've been digging through so many parts that also contain 5YJ coincidentally.
There's only one 5YJ on my page's source code. Are you in the Tesla SSO - Sign In page's source?
For laziness sake I use a chrome extension called Tesla VIN finder which does the job for you. No need to search through the source code yourself.

Reactions: KyleSVR
Did you already accept the "Vision Agreement" ? And does your app say something like "We are making changes to your account" ?
I got a Vision agreement notice over the weekend. Which i accepted. AND the Tesla account texted me saying the car is on its way, would I like to take delivery on Feb 19. which i said yes to.
Now my app shows the RN number, the delivery date and time, and 'manage your order in your tesla account' with the blue CTA button "Go to Account"
It said "We are making changes to your account" before I accepted the vision agreement. so that's gone.

Did you complete the predelivery tasks? Choosing payment, etc?

Mine would show some random 5YJ vins (even a random model x when I checked to see what car it correlated too).

Once I did all the predelivery tasks and my account page just shows complete and EDD, all those vins went away and now it’s not showing any. So I’m guessing if one pops up now, it’ll actually be mine

Reactions: Blackfish
Did you complete the predelivery tasks? Choosing payment, etc?

Mine would show some random 5YJ vins (even a random model x when I checked to see what car it correlated too).

Once I did all the predelivery tasks and my account page just shows complete and EDD, all those vins went away and now it’s not showing any. So I’m guessing if one pops up now, it’ll actually be mine
Yeah, all pre-delivery tasks are done, credit application done & approved by Tesla Finance.
Patiently waiting for Elon to stop trolling me.

I got a Vision agreement notice over the weekend. Which i accepted. AND the Tesla account texted me saying the car is on its way, would I like to take delivery on Feb 19. which i said yes to.
Now my app shows the RN number, the delivery date and time, and 'manage your order in your tesla account' with the blue CTA button "Go to Account"
It said "We are making changes to your account" before I accepted the vision agreement. so that's gone.
You should see your VIN under the RN in the app, i.e., upper left corner. In my case, the VIN appeared in the app about 30 mins after I got the text that my VIN was assigned.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Does anyone know where to get one without paying a fortune? Ordered 6/3 wire, breaker, outlet............no one told me the adapter would be impossible to find and triple the price everywhere you look.
It costs $45 but looks like out-of-stock now. Should be available soon again. You can also check your local Tesla store.

Reactions: Acturbo
Does anyone know where to get one without paying a fortune? Ordered 6/3 wire, breaker, outlet............no one told me the adapter would be impossible to find and triple the price everywhere you look.

Try putting an alert on it in the Tesla store, then when alerted, buy it as soon as you get the alert. I just got a Keyfob and the Homelink (for my wifes incoming Y, my model 3 already has homelink) that way.

It used to be that tesla just let people order and order items from the tesla store, leading to long backorders and no information. It seems now just from observation of my orders for the fob and homelink that they mark stuff as backordered, and then flip it to in stock when it comes in and when they sell through, backordered again.

I prefer it showing backorder with a notification, especially since I did actually get a notification, and when I placed the order, the items actually shipped in a couple days and then I received it a few days later. Its pretty sad to say that, in 2022, a company should be commended for letting you know when something is in stock and actually shipping it out when you order, but... here we are (lol).

Reactions: T4M3 and Acturbo
Just passed this guy on the freeway about an hour ago, NB I-5 heading to the boarder I presume since he was north of Everett WA. Looks like some of my Canadian brothers and sisters are about the get their cars!

View attachment 766090
Fingers crossed that one of them is mine! (Probably not since white is common but it's something to get excited about!)

I've been typing in 'insurancef'
It gets me to the general area.

Attachments

• unknown - 2022-02-07T165224.207.png
    unknown - 2022-02-07T165224.207.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4 and KyleSVR