Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except I'm not ready... I had selected cash, so I need to get financing lined up (already submitted the application to Tesla and our credit union, the latter of which has better rates, but depending on how long they take we may have to refinance).
Same situation. My original EDD was end of December, so I did the Tesla financing. That expired after 60 days, so I switched it to cash. The new EDD is 2/7-2/11 so I'm not sure I can get everything by then. Also, my texts have always gone unanswered so I'll have to figure out a new way to contact them.

Same situation. My original EDD was end of December, so I did the Tesla financing. That expired after 60 days, so I switched it to cash. The new EDD is 2/7-2/11 so I'm not sure I can get everything by then. Also, my texts have always gone unanswered so I'll have to figure out a new way to contact them.
Yes, they also are ignoring my texts.

Debating setting myself on fire and running into the showroom.

Hm. Weird.

Mine narrowed down to 2 weeks (2/7 - 2/21) from (2/4 - 3/4)

However, today is still 2/7, and no word. :(

OD 11/18
White / "19 Sport / Black Interior
BC, CA.🇨🇦
Have a relatively similar EDD to your 2 week window (which was just pushed back again yesterday), although your OD is earlier. SA mentioned that I should be expecting delivery around the end of the month which seems to align a little with the current edd. Maybe same shipment? 🤓

Just passed this guy on the freeway about an hour ago, NB I-5 heading to the boarder I presume since he was north of Everett WA. Looks like some of my Canadian brothers and sisters are about the get their cars!

IMG_4092a.jpg

Yeah, our EDDs are definitely quite similar in range.

That's good information from your SA, I am hoping to get a VIN sooner than later, so I can stop checking every 10 minutes hoping for a different answer. 😆
Exactly this LOL just want a VIN, even if its a while out ahah. Picking up from Van or Langley?

Just passed this guy on the freeway about an hour ago, NB I-5 heading to the boarder I presume since he was north of Everett WA. Looks like some of my Canadian brothers and sisters are about the get their cars!

View attachment 766090
Nice!! Sadly I don't see any MSMs in there, but yayy for everyone else!

Reactions: KyleSVR
Reviewing this wonderful sheet, here are some interesting patterns

1. Black color takes an additional 17-20 days to receive VIN compared to average (57 days vs 39 days)
  2. Red color takes an additional 6-7 days to receive VIN compared to average (45 days vs 39 days)
  3. For most orders, you'll likely receive your VIN one week after your one month order anniversary. E.g. 30 days + 1 Week.
  4. No advantage where you order from (West Coast, Mountain, Midwest, East Coast) to when you get your VIN assigned
  5. West Coast typically receives delivery 1 week earlier than other orders (likely due to shipping)
  6. Orders with performance tires (19" vs 18") tend to receive their VINs 10 days sooner (44 Days vs 34 days)
  7. No advantage to changing interior colors between black or white in terms of receiving a VIN sooner or later.
  8. This is likely noise in the data (not enough entries). But leases tend to taking ~10 days longer to get VIN. But I think that's just garbage data. Not enough inputs in the form.
I did some very short CA specific processing and here is the trend I see for CA:

Date RangeAvg ORDER-to-VINAVG VIN-to-DeliveryData Size
Since Jan '2149 days6 days217
Last 6 months53 days12 days108
Last 3 months43 days25 days65
Last 2 month30 days2 days41

Seems like its getting better ( but small data size so ... ). Interestingly, in the last 3 months there has been an increase in VIN-To-Delivery though the ORDER-to-VIN has decreased, this could suggest VIN-to-manufacturing delays or just good ol' delivery delays.

I did not consider any other factors such as trim, hold, finance etc.

Any other owners experience this in their app? Any indication of movement? I was not previously able to “Go to Account” with the blue bar in the picture. I’ve only ever been able to “manage” the reservation with the small cogwheel.

Attachments

• E7969612-69D8-410A-AD28-352C1A25A895.jpeg
    E7969612-69D8-410A-AD28-352C1A25A895.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 48
I did some very short CA specific processing and here is the trend I see for CA:

Date RangeAvg ORDER-to-VINAVG VIN-to-DeliveryData Size
Since Jan '2149 days6 days217
Last 6 months53 days12 days108
Last 3 months43 days25 days65
Last 2 month30 days2 days41

Seems like its getting better ( but small data size so ... ). Interestingly, in the last 3 months there has been an increase in VIN-To-Delivery though the ORDER-to-VIN has decreased, this could suggest VIN-to-manufacturing delays or just good ol' delivery delays.

I did not consider any other factors such as trim, hold, finance etc.
Great statistics. It looks like their ramp-up is improving, though the data is not as complete unsurprisingly for nearer orders.

Reactions: Kaytu