Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD (2/11-2/25) starts again tomorrow, however this is the first time where it has narrowed down to 2 weeks. Is there a chance? I have not received the vision statement.

I am dreading the EDD being pushed back. My OD was 12/4 for a MSM M3LR Black interior/no fsd/aero.

I have the same config as you and an OD of 11/18/21. I went down to a two-week window, then a 15-day window and (this morning) still a two-week window, but ... starting a month in the future (whereas my previous couple EDDs had been within Feb.). So, I think you'll just have to see what the dice rolls for you 😉 Good luck!

Same sentiment, ordered on 12/14 to SoCal and widely varying EDD’s is very annoying. Sorta loosing hope on us making before 2/24 CVRP deadline. We shall see…
Is this because you need to take delivery by 2/24 to qualify for the CVRP? If I placed my order today (M3 LR), I wouldn't qualify for the CVRP credit since I realistically won't take delivery until April/May, correct? Or do they list it as I need to place an order before 2/24?

Blue on white ordered today. Houston, TX

The agony of waiting begins!
Between the time I started researching buying a new Tesla (Sept 2021), subsequently placed my order for a M3LR (Dec 7), and my delivery date (Feb 19) the car has changed quite a bit.
Improvements:
  • AMD based MCU
  • LION low voltage battery
  • Matrix headlights
  • Heated wiper park area
Removed features
  • 1 less speaker
  • USB in center console no longer supports data.
    • No more game controller support
    • Games requiring controllers no longer loaded (even though you can use the port in the glove box??)
    • Only one working Data port for Sentry mode, Dashcam, Boombox, Lightshow, music storage etc.
  • UI drastically changed, not for the better as per some.
  • Heat Pumps breaking under extreme cold - now fixed?
  • Boombox feature removed? Or just changed to be less fun? (If this is a mandate by NHTSA ,why does it affect cars outside of the USA?)
  • 30 days vs 1 year premium connectivity
  • No more referral code benefits for cars
  • Several price increases
Features unavailable in Canada that don't make sense:
  • Theater apps like Disney+ and TikTok missing
  • FSD beta (coming soon... ?)
Am I missing anything else?
I'm still excited about the car, don't get me wrong. Just pretty amazing how much can change in a few months with a Tesla.
I think the improvements outweigh the missing features. I'm also hopeful that they'll roll out bluetooth game controller support and give us back Cup Head and Sonic.
Cup Head was made by a company based in my hometown here in Canada and I was looking forward to seeing it on my car :) (And their graphic designer is my friend's cousin!)

May your wait times grow shorter and your deliveries go smoothly :)
Wait … no Sonic and Cup Head and no Bluetooth controller support? I just bought a wireless controller and was really looking forward to playing while charging :( this is really sad

My app says "We're building your car" with an EDD of 2/21 - 2/25. Does anyone know If the car isn't built yet would they still be able to tell me which processor it has (VIN F177XXX)? Also how is everyone reaching out to these SAs? I have a number that a few different Tesla employees have used to text me. I'll probably just text that number about the processor unless someone suggests a better way to contact them.
I got pretty quick responses when I asked via text. I would try that. Yesterday I emailed them, still no response.

Well, I was assigned a VIN today at 3:30 pm. I noticed that the VIN was 165xxx. I called the store and inquired if the vehicle was rejected due to the VIN being low. The store told me they actually have the car and it was in fact rejected. I responded to the store and inspected the vehicle. it had a damaged gasket around a rear sensor, a scratch on the driver's door handle and damage to the weather stripping. I was informed that all would be fixed prior to delivery, but I would have to accept the vehicle. I declined. At least I know there is only one person ahead of me for my configuration at my particular store. :rolleyes:
just catching up on this... that sucks. My config is slightly different than yours; MSM/blk

Is this because you need to take delivery by 2/24 to qualify for the CVRP? If I placed my order today (M3 LR), I wouldn't qualify for the CVRP credit since I realistically won't take delivery until April/May, correct? Or do they list it as I need to place an order before 2/24?
From what I recall reading was that you need to basically take possession of car then you can apply for the rebate.
I could be wrong, maybe other members can chime in to clarify.

Well it's been an active 24hrs for me.

After getting my VIN yesterday and having my SA reset my payment options, I took the required pictures and submitted my 2021 RAV4 AWD for trade-in. Submitted a finance application with Tesla at the same time.

Pro-tip - don't do what I did and instead wait for the trade-in offer to finalize. Still new to this 😄

Tesla doesn't have their own financing up in Canada and instead partners with our major banks.
My SA informed me that the bank only sees credit rating and debt-to-income, so to them it looks like I'm getting a 2nd car loan - yikes.
First update came back in a few hours - 1 of the 3 banks denied the application, and the other two asked for more info.
Tesla also asked for a payout statement.

On the delivery front, I've got it scheduled. After I got my delivery text this morning I checked the days available - Feb. 15/16/17 - 16th had the most sun forecasted so I was going to pick that. Didn't have time to confirm it and when I got back home this evening I saw that the 15th was greyed out and the 18th had now become available.
12C and sunny? Count me in. There might be some white stuff coming on Tuesday so Friday also gives 3 days time for anything to melt.
Oh and my pending trade-in offer on my RAV4 is CAD$31700. No idea where that sits on the scale.

Time to watch all these Tesla videos I was planning to watch over the next 3 months as I was under the assumption things were going to be backed up for a while.

Been browsing here for a bit so wanted to give my full range of dates/updates:
Config:MSM/18 Aero/No FSD/Black Interior
Original Order Date: 12/15/21
Original EDD:March then 1/26-2/24
Updated EDD on 1/27: 2/12-2/26
Vin Received on 2/6
Updated EDD:2/17-2/23
Got the option to schedule delivery today and had a three day window from 2/21-2/23
Also forgot to mention I'm ordering in Maryland.

Reactions: Misslove_143
In a very similar situation. OD Dec 9 with same config as you, EDD is Feb 10-24, which I'll likely get a push back update tomorrow. No vision agreement/vin, etc yet 😵‍💫
Why on earth are there some orders that sit a month or longer than others? This is so perplexing. I hope you finally get your VIN. You've waited long enough.

Well it's been an active 24hrs for me.

After getting my VIN yesterday and having my SA reset my payment options, I took the required pictures and submitted my 2021 RAV4 AWD for trade-in. Submitted a finance application with Tesla at the same time.

Pro-tip - don't do what I did and instead wait for the trade-in offer to finalize. Still new to this 😄

Tesla doesn't have their own financing up in Canada and instead partners with our major banks.
My SA informed me that the bank only sees credit rating and debt-to-income, so to them it looks like I'm getting a 2nd car loan - yikes.
First update came back in a few hours - 1 of the 3 banks denied the application, and the other two asked for more info.
Tesla also asked for a payout statement.

On the delivery front, I've got it scheduled. After I got my delivery text this morning I checked the days available - Feb. 15/16/17 - 16th had the most sun forecasted so I was going to pick that. Didn't have time to confirm it and when I got back home this evening I saw that the 15th was greyed out and the 18th had now become available.
12C and sunny? Count me in. There might be some white stuff coming on Tuesday so Friday also gives 3 days time for anything to melt.
Oh and my pending trade-in offer on my RAV4 is CAD$31700. No idea where that sits on the scale.

Time to watch all these Tesla videos I was planning to watch over the next 3 months as I was under the assumption things were going to be backed up for a while.
Meanwhile I'm getting assblasted waiting for a VIN here in BC. Lol.

Well guys, today was graduation day from this thread for me took deliver my LR Model 3 today.

-Config: White LRAWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD

-OD: October 6th 2021
-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8 2021 I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20 2021 Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30 2021, order was automatically unheld, delivery date TBD
-Jan 3rd 2022 - EDD updated to March 18th - March 30th
-Jan 8th 2022- EDD Updated to Jan 28-Feb 25
-Jan 25th 2022 - EDD Updated to Feb 6th-Feb 16th
-Jan 26th 2022 - Vin assigned (165XX) EDD Updated to Feb 8th-Feb 11th
-Feb 10th 2022 - Took delivery

Few notes

Included:
AMD Ryzen & 12v Li-Oh Battery

Not included
Dual pane rear windows
Cooled seats
Heated wipers
No more USB C data ports in center console (charge only)

Just FYI - I used this checklist for delivery for both my SR+ and my LR Model 3, super helpful.
The Best Tesla Model 3 Delivery Checklist

Did find some issues such as a crack in my wood trim, passenger side seat control doesn't work all the time, but got a service appointment already set up (created it before I hit 100 miles) overall pretty happy. Ryzen is absolutely worth the wait in my opinion (having owned and used both). Maps, browser and theater apps all load super fast; but the main thing for me was that sentry mode/dashcam scrubbing through video is super quick, and turn signal cameras load instantly (unlike on the Intel Atom)

Oh and got 1 year premium connectivity included since my original order date was before they changed the trial to 30 days on the LR's :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_8572.JPG
    IMG_8572.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8593.JPG
    IMG_8593.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 42
My EDD (2/11-2/25) starts again tomorrow, however this is the first time where it has narrowed down to 2 weeks. Is there a chance? I have not received the vision statement.

I am dreading the EDD being pushed back. My OD was 12/4 for a MSM M3LR Black interior/no fsd/aero.
I have same config, SoCal, ordered 12/3. EDD 2/10-2/24. Expecting to wake up tomorrow with a EDD push…