Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All!

Boy oh boy is this a rollercoaster of a forum.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a Tesla.

M3 LR White ext, Black int, 18” aero, NO fsd.

OD: 2/3
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 25 - Mar 25.

I’m based in Arizona.

For those of you who are very active in here how long is your estimate for when I will get this vehicle? Is there any chance I get it before the end of March?

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. A couple of people have reported huge 1 month EDD pushbacks today for similar builds and both my orders are due to be pushed back tomorrow (today is the first day of the EDD period for both with no VINs in sight). If I get pushed back by a month (12/10 order date for first) I'm likely to go stir crazy because I sold both my cars in mid December!

TESLA, I NEED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!!
I did the same. sold my car on Jan 31st. OD 12/23 EDD 02/24 - 03/24 MSM/black/18 aero.
Also lots of white cars getting delivered with later ODs in bay area

Reactions: CarlThompson
Also: It seems weird how few people post in here with blue exterior ordered.
I wonder if it's because people think or know that they take longer to be delivered, or if it's because people who gravitate towards a blue car are more patient than I am?
😁
fellow blue here! OD Jan 3rd! I had no idea they took "longer" when ordering. Thought the blue looked nice and the last M3 I had was white and gray just wasn't doing it for me.

I guess it depends on what you consider "damage". I wouldn't want to take a car "damaged" as described above but would be ok if it meant a scratch here or there.

One thing I have definitely learned over the years is that one person's "minor" is another person's "major" issue. This applies to anything. Some people are obsessive about things whereas others are not. I tend to be in the latter camp. I'm not judging those who obsess at all...to each his/her own.

EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21
EDD #8 on 2/8: 2/9 - 2/21
EDD #9 on 2/10: 2/15 - 3/15
EDD #10 on 2/11: 2/12 - 2/23

hope again!

EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21
EDD #8 on 2/8: 2/9 - 2/21
EDD #9 on 2/10: 2/15 - 3/15
EDD #10 on 2/11: 2/12 - 2/23

hope again!
Same OD MSM/Black/Aero/NoFSD received vin on 2/6 171xxx with EDD 2/20 2/24 in Pa.

OD 1/26 M3 LR white on white sport wheels
EDD 3/12 -3/31
New EDD IS 2/26-3/26
Just got a VIN a few mins ago 176
Pick up smithtown NY

My question is how long after a VIN usually does it take to get the car? And how long will they hold the car for me? I’m going away until the end of the month am I screwed? Lol thanks.
Update for people in a similar situation, I reached out to Tesla a few different times explaining my situation. I got someone in sales who reached out to the manager where my car is coming in the manager set up my delivery date for the day I get back from vacation.

As I unfortunately expected, another EDD pushback this morning from 2/10-2/24 to 2/16-3/16. I guess back to 30 day EDD range it is. Really hope this is not the case for others.
OD 12/14 SoCal.
White/black interior/aero/no fsd.

i had a very similar push back yesterday but then today went back to < 2 week window again.

Update for people in a similar situation, I reached out to Tesla a few different times explaining my situation. I got someone in sales who reached out to the manager where my car is coming in the manager set up my delivery date for the day I get back from vacation.

How many people did you have to go through? I had to work with 2 people and they couldn't do anything about my delivery... EDD with VIN was 2/20-2/24 returning from vacation 2/26. Wouldnt work with me.

I wonder if it's because people think or know that they take longer to be delivered, or if it's because people who gravitate towards a blue car are more patient than I am?
😁
I ordered a blue exterior and had no idea it effected delivery time. My logic when I ordered is that surely Tesla would reward the colors that cost more money with a quicker delivery…. Sadly I was mistake 😑

• Funny
Reactions: Crany and Mustangr
My mind is starting to cast doubts.

I noticed this last week most VIN's assigned are in the 17XXXX. As mine assigned is 166XXX, I'm beginning to wonder if it is a rejected car and if I am about to travel nearly 3 hours tomorrow to meet disappointment. Fingers crossed that's not the case.😵‍💫

Reactions: Mustangr
“Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping … into the future.”

OD: 12/22/21
EDD: Jan 29-Feb 29
EDD: Dec 29-31
Dec 28: reversed my ACH cash payment, released VIN and placed order on Hold
Jan 26: released Hold
Jan 27 EDD: Feb 4-Mar 4
Feb 4 EDD: Feb 8-Feb 22
Feb 9 EDD: Feb 10-24
Feb 11 EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15

M3LR/White/Black/18” Aero/no FSD. Live in the Bay Area, just up the road from Palo Alto.

Well guys, today was graduation day from this thread for me took deliver my LR Model 3 today.

-Config: White LRAWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD

-OD: October 6th 2021
-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8 2021 I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20 2021 Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30 2021, order was automatically unheld, delivery date TBD
-Jan 3rd 2022 - EDD updated to March 18th - March 30th
-Jan 8th 2022- EDD Updated to Jan 28-Feb 25
-Jan 25th 2022 - EDD Updated to Feb 6th-Feb 16th
-Jan 26th 2022 - Vin assigned (165XX) EDD Updated to Feb 8th-Feb 11th
-Feb 10th 2022 - Took delivery

Few notes

Included:
AMD Ryzen & 12v Li-Oh Battery

Not included
Dual pane rear windows
Cooled seats
Heated wipers
No more USB C data ports in center console (charge only)

Just FYI - I used this checklist for delivery for both my SR+ and my LR Model 3, super helpful.
The Best Tesla Model 3 Delivery Checklist

Did find some issues such as a crack in my wood trim, passenger side seat control doesn't work all the time, but got a service appointment already set up (created it before I hit 100 miles) overall pretty happy. Ryzen is absolutely worth the wait in my opinion (having owned and used both). Maps, browser and theater apps all load super fast; but the main thing for me was that sentry mode/dashcam scrubbing through video is super quick, and turn signal cameras load instantly (unlike on the Intel Atom)

Oh and got 1 year premium connectivity included since my original order date was before they changed the trial to 30 days on the LR's :cool:
Congratulations. That checklist is quite exhaustive, wonder if I can go through all of that in delivery excitement 😃

Reactions: Auramaster
😁
I ordered blue and somewhat patient. lol Starting to lose it little by little.

M3LR blue/white/sport wheels no FSD - OD 1/19, Current EDD - 3/3 thru 3/31 (hasn't moved for some time)