Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny enough the day after I angrily dealt with all that confusion with two Tesla reps about my "incomplete profile" my EDD shrunk. Now at Mar 4 - 18
My SA said my order was incomplete as well because I had not selected the trade-in & Payment options. I was like you're telling me this after 3 months. :oops:
Not sure if selecting those options really make any difference.

Why was yours incomplete?

Got a welcome updated on my estimated delivery date:

M3 Dual Motor, White, 18" No FSD

OD 1/12/22
1/13 EDD: Mar 30 - 31
1/20 EDD: Mar 2 - 30
2/13 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14

Also, spoke to my car insurance, the Model 3 will cost $400 more to insure than our other gas powered car. That was not welcome news, but from what I have heard in this forum, that is not uncommon.
Shop around. I had my BMW X3 with statefarm, they quoted me $10 more than what I was paying for my BMW. I know its just a quote but I shopped around and found a better deal elsewhere combining my home and auto.

Impatiently waiting & 1st Post 😁

Model 3 Long Range
White on White w/o FSD
Delivery To Houston TX

1/18 - Ordered 11AM EDD - March 1-31
1/30 - EDD of April 11 - May 9th!!! WAS FURIOUS, but expected a delay.
2/12 - EDD updated to March 18-31st .... Much Happier

Fingers crossed on keeping or beating the current EDD.
I'm out of Houston too. OD 1/19. The only difference I see is the color. No movement on mine. I really hope your update is a good sign for me.

Crany, did you get a vision agreement and everything? Looks like we got a VIN the same day. I have no option to schedule and there was no vision agreement, just option to input insurance information. Looks like we are in the same region with similar delivery times.
I had received the vision agreement before the VIN assignment but did not have the option to schedule delivery after the VIN assignment. I reached out via text message to schedule the delivery and afterwards the delivery date showed up in the app.

Reactions: Acturbo
Long Range Model 3
Grey
Black Interior
No FSD

OD 12/24

My EDD changed to 02/18-03/18 two days ago and when I woke up this morning opened the app and got my VIN and was asking to connect to bluetooth for my device. New EDD Feb 15-Feb 21

Not sure if it has the new chip. Any way to tell from the VIN?
Generally in this forum we have seen VIN 16XXX and above have the updates. But it is suggested and best to ask the SA for your specific car.

• Helpful
Reactions: CheapBastid
Got my VIN last night 183***

M3LR, MSM,18",NO FSD
OD - 01/03/22
EDD - 02/20/22 - 03/20/22
Updated EDD on 02/04 - 02/19/22 - 03/05/2022
Updated EDD with VIN 02/13 - 02/25/22 -03/01/2022

This seemed to follow a rather common pattern; EDD narrows to ~2 weeks and then a VIN is received about a week before the beginning of that 2 week EDD.
hmm I have same config as you, OD 12/22/22, EDD 2/25-3/25, no VIN yet. hopefully coming soon. Located in RI

I'm out of Houston too. OD 1/19. The only difference I see is the color. No movement on mine. I really hope your update is a good sign for me.
I ran by the tesla store in woodlands just to test drive once again, the extended delivery window on mine was because my "profile was incomplete" the rep said. We changed financing to cash temporarily and removed the trade to "complete" it. That was Tuesday last week and Saturday saw the updated EDD.

I was told those with "incomplete profiles" basically get pushed to the back of the line behind the completed ones. So i would consult Tesla to make sure you have everything squared away!

Reactions: Canine06
I ran by the tesla store in woodlands just to test drive once again, the extended delivery window on mine was because my "profile was incomplete" the rep said. We changed financing to cash temporarily and removed the trade to "complete" it. That was Tuesday last week and Saturday saw the updated EDD.

I was told those with "incomplete profiles" basically get pushed to the back of the line behind the completed ones. So i would consult Tesla to make sure you have everything squared away!
Thanks. I actually asked the week after ordering and they said everything was complete. *crossing fingers* Post pics when you get it!

Reactions: disneygirl420

I always thought that wasn't true about incomplete profiles?

Can anybody who got delivery confirm that trade-in & payment options have to be completed to get a VIN assigned?

I always thought that wasn't true about incomplete profiles?

Can anybody who got delivery confirm that trade-in & payment options have to be completed to get a VIN assigned?
Not necessarily a "requirement" but completed profiles get priority over incomplete ones because they are "good to go" for delivery upon assignment vs incomplete order takers not completing their portion of the process and only out $250. More likely for the completed to take delivery sooner than the incomplete.

This is how the rep told me. I ordered online myself prior to visiting the Tesla location, so no rep assigned to me. They were kind enough to lookup my RN# and see the incomplete status was there when i joked about my delivery being delayed until May it looked like. We changed financing to cash and removed trade temporarily. Was advised that once VIN assigned and EDD narrowed down more to update things back.

Reactions: delayed_car
I had received the vision agreement before the VIN assignment but did not have the option to schedule delivery after the VIN assignment. I reached out via text message to schedule the delivery and afterwards the delivery date showed up in the app.
Well I messaged them and they told me the vehicle gated the factory yesterday and would take around 2 weeks to arrive. They said I will receive notice to schedule delivery when they have a concrete ETA. Have not heard this before from anyone else.......not much I can do but wait I guess......

Reactions: Mustangr
Anyone in so cal know why tesla changed my burbank pick up to a home delivery? And is there anyway to change it to pick up again
My wife's 3 went from pickup to home delivery to touchless home delivery in the morning and then to touchless in the evening. It was "dropped off" after dark, more like they dumped it and ran. We were forced to accept delivery to move it from the driveway. It's been in the shop a week and a half fixing all the problems.