Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA: I strongly suspect a batch of blues is coming soon!

I had/have a backup reservation for a blue/black/18/noFSD AWD Model 3 and I noticed this morning that the EDD had moved up and shortened to two weeks. This probably means a VIN will be coming in the very near future...

Blue/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
12/28 - Initial order
12/29 - EDD: Jan 04 - Jan 11
01/04 - EDD: Feb 08 - Mar 08
01/09 - EDD: Feb 10 - Mar 10
02/11 - EDD: Feb 17 - Mar 17
02/14 - EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 02

I'll probably put this order on hold because I'm not sure what to do with it yet (but my niece needs a car).

BTW, my orders strongly suggest there is very little or no penalty for changing paint or interior colors aside from waiting for the appropriate batch. I changed colors several times on both orders including changing this order to blue just a week or so ago. (Sorry, I didn't keep track of color change dates.)

Congrats, your dates are more narrow (Feb 28-Mar 14) then what I currently have. I just checked and I'm still showing 25 Feb - 25 Mar.
My stats:
OD Jan 20
{sold 2021 M3 SR+ to Vroom, picked up 24 Jan, got more than I paid and was wanting to upgrade to the LR}
1/20 EDD: Mar 25+
2/07 EDD: Feb 25 - Mar 25
2/10 {arranged financing to lock in 1.79% rate 3rd party}
...hoping to get new battery and Ryzen processor...

PSA: I strongly suspect a batch of blues is coming soon!

I had/have a backup reservation for a blue/black/18/noFSD AWD Model 3 and I noticed this morning that the EDD had moved up and shortened to two weeks. This probably means a VIN will be coming in the very near future...

Blue/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
12/28 - Initial order
12/29 - EDD: Jan 04 - Jan 11
01/04 - EDD: Feb 08 - Mar 08
01/09 - EDD: Feb 10 - Mar 10
02/11 - EDD: Feb 17 - Mar 17
02/14 - EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 02

I'll probably put this order on hold because I'm not sure what to do with it yet (but my niece needs a car).

BTW, my orders strongly suggest there is very little or no penalty for changing paint or interior colors aside from waiting for the appropriate batch. I changed colors several times on both orders including changing this order to blue just a week or so ago. (Sorry, I didn't keep track of color change dates.)
I’m guessing interior has no bearing on delivery. Still no movement for me. M3LR/Blue/White/19 Sport. OD 1/19. EDD hasn’t changed in the last three or so weeks. 3/3 - 3/31. I would like to get my life back! 😂

Got a welcome updated on my estimated delivery date:

M3 Dual Motor, White, 18" No FSD

OD 1/12/22
1/13 EDD: Mar 30 - 31
1/20 EDD: Mar 2 - 30
2/13 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14

Also, spoke to my car insurance, the Model 3 will cost $400 more to insure than our other gas powered car. That was not welcome news, but from what I have heard in this forum, that is not uncommon.
@nj_driver did you get white int/ext? Only asking cuz we have the same OD but I’m still at 2/20-3/20 for M3LR white ext, black int 18” no fsd in PHX.

Reactions: Misslove_143
I was offered a delivery date of March 2nd through the 5th. I really needed the pick up to be on a weekend so I chose the 5th.
Crany, did you get a vision agreement and everything? Looks like we got a VIN the same day. I have no option to schedule and there was no vision agreement, just option to input insurance information. Looks like we are in the same region with similar delivery times.

Woke up with a 2-week window! And the beginning of that window is so close!

M3LR - White/Black/18’’ Aero/No FSD. Bay Area.
OD - 1/15/22.
OD EDD: March 2022;
1/16 EDD: 2/21/22 - 3/21/22
2/14 EDD: 2/18-3/4
Hope you get your VIN soon! I’m seeing a lot of ppl with the same/similar OD’s with the same config getting updates and I still haven’t seen any movement on my end. Having a case of FOMO hahaha

I have the same spec OD 12/20 delivery Kansas City. My order similarly just went from a 2 week window to 4/22 - 5/23 delivery date. The SA I spoke to cited that all model 3s east of Austin, TX would be built by Giga Texas. Take that with a grain of salt but it may explain the extreme shift in EDD pushback.
The only car coming out of GIGA is the model Y.

Finally a 2 week window

OD 1/7/2022 M3 LR MSM/Black/Aero/no fsd

1/8: March 10-31
1/12: Feb 24 - March 24
2/1: Feb 10 - March 10
2/11: Feb 24 - March 24
2/14: Feb 17 - March 3
Not gonna lie, idk how much a 2 week window really makes a difference.
I've had like 4, and they just ping pong, miss the first day in then get pushed back 3 days.

Attachments

• CF55829A-DB23-40C2-B237-BEA9D76C1808.jpeg
    CF55829A-DB23-40C2-B237-BEA9D76C1808.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 80
GRADUATED! Pickup was easy. Probably need to spend several hours figuring it all out but now I can do so from the comfort of my own driveway. 166XXX has AMD and Li battery. Not sure on rear glass yet. Honestly the only bad part of the experience was the service center itself (Devon, PA). The people were very nice but the building is bad. Frankly it's embarrassing to present that to clients. Roof nails coming through the exposed plastic/tyvec ceiling, dirty floor and walls, etc. with pristine Audi and Mercedes dealers right down the road. Not a big deal to me but in that area (highly affluent) I could see someone walking in and turning around. Other than that, it's been great chatting with you all. I may post some pix but I think I'm FINALLY on to the other sub-groups!