Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the Lucid last weekend. Stats blow Tesla out of the water but it will cost you a pretty penny.
Yeah currently everything else is either "too" expensive or a year or more out in terms of delivery, anything I want anyway. El Plan is to get something that depreciates slowest and wait a year or two until general charging infrastructure improves and Lucid like companies roll out affordable models.

Yeah currently everything else is either "too" expensive or a year or more out in terms of delivery, anything I want anyway. El Plan is to get something that depreciates slowest and wait a year or two until general charging infrastructure improves and Lucid like companies roll out affordable models.
Yes, also Polestar and Fisker starting to look good, but looks like for the next 2-3 years Tesla is still the way to go.

Delivery scheduled for Feb 15 - loan approval expires on the 16th so just making it under the wire.

SA texted me that I need to have insurance with Tesla VIN active 5 days before pickup for title company.
That is a weird Tesla exception - every other car I've ever purchased has been covered under a 30-day grace period from my various insurance companies.
Delivered to my house today.

Good news - arrived 2 hours early - has Ryzen processor :cool:
Bad news - delivered in the next-door neighbor's driveway 😅

No issues other than left rear door is a little low - scheduled service appointment to get it fixed

Update: delivery window narrowed from month to two weeks:
2 Mar- 16 Mar

MSM/Black/18" Aeros/ no FSD
Still no VIN
OD Jan 20 Upgrade to LR
19 Jan {sold 2021 M3 SR+ 12K+miles to Vroom}
24 Jan, VRoom Pick up/$45K
20 Jan EDD: Mar 25+
And this was after I reassured TESLA by Phone I had 3rd party financing, so they could complete me tasks to narrow delivery EDD date window.
07 Feb EDD: Feb 25 - Mar 25

Hey Kyle, I feel your pain. My EDD just narrowed again this morning, but I’ve been down this road too many times already to get overly excited. I’m holding onto a sliver of hope that my VIN# gets assigned tomorrow based on recent assurances from the SA.

The PNW needs more love!

The part that is disappointing, and yes, I just read all your order details, is that there are many many people in the same situation as us, a lot of October, November orders that keep getting narrowed, just to be pushed back further and further.

I think the part that pisses me off the most is when I am seeing January orders getting VINs instantly, while we're basically left here forgotten about. Lol.

There is just no support from SA's other than "yeah, the timeline is accurate", and there is no consistency or transparency in the entire process.

If you go and buy a car from Audi, BMW, Mercedes they will be able to tell you the exact delivery date and when the car will be there, this is just notjing short of unacceptable to be spending this much money on a car and have such terrible customer service.

Alas, as I've said before, Teslas are very cool, awesome cars, you just need to be able to accept the poor customer service and quality control associated with owning one.

Very hopeful I get a VIN soon, as my EDD is game on tomorrow, and it will likely get pushed for the 9th time.

I have not seen much action on this forum in terms of VINs for the past couple of days. Although I think many have seen changes to EDD. It makes me wonder whether TESLA is getting ready to manufacture cars to deliver in the EOQ for North Americas. This will validate that the within country manufacturing and delivery starts from the second half of the quarter. Hopefully we see a flurry of VINs in the coming days :)

Reactions: jonjon09
The part that is disappointing, and yes, I just read all your order details, is that there are many many people in the same situation as us, a lot of October, November orders that keep getting narrowed, just to be pushed back further and further.

I think the part that pisses me off the most is when I am seeing January orders getting VINs instantly, while we're basically left here forgotten about. Lol.

There is just no support from SA's other than "yeah, the timeline is accurate", and there is no consistency or transparency in the entire process.

If you go and buy a car from Audi, BMW, Mercedes they will be able to tell you the exact delivery date and when the car will be there, this is just notjing short of unacceptable to be spending this much money on a car and have such terrible customer service.

Alas, as I've said before, Teslas are very cool, awesome cars, you just need to be able to accept the poor customer service and quality control associated with owning one.

Very hopeful I get a VIN soon, as my EDD is game on tomorrow, and it will likely get pushed for the 9th time.

Hang in there! I just got a call today saying vehicle will be ready for pick up on Saturday. But I never officially got a VIN or any kind of messaging until this call. So it might be a very random/sudden notice that you'll be picking up soon!

I'm curious as well. I ordered 1/29. My EDD was 3/17-3/30. I just got an update today that my EDD is now 5/6-6/3. What gives??
Nothing gives, those dates will change 4 more times before you get a VIN.
New EDD today. Heartbreaker.

OD: 2/2
EDD1: 3/12-3/31
EDD2: 4/20-5/18.
:((((( This happen to anyone and it goes shorter?
The sooner all you folks realize that the dates mean almost nothing the better........trade in text also means almost nothing. Got my VIN, a month after that text. You are in my neck of the woods(I'm in DE), and it took about 1 month and 2 weeks before I got a VIN and will be almost exactly 2 months til delivery. That was for MSM/black/Aero.

• Informative
Reactions: Teleezen and Kaytu