Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit from Tesla. Well.... Not exactly... Not quite sure what they sent but the kit on the screen is most assuredly NOT what Elon sent me.

Guess I need to initiate a return. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_140018750_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220219_140018750_HDR.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 100
What in the world is going on at Tesla right now? EDD for a model 3 white on white non perf with Aero wheels, no FSD has gone from February to 4/25 to 5/26. Ordered last September, placed on hold, removed hold on 2/2. Was told it should match any day and to expect it in a week or two. My Model Y order has been all over the place as well.

Delivery to be in Portland Oregon

I get there is high demand, but Tesla is saying new orders are delivered close to when most of us should be seeing ours. Does that mean there is a production issue they aren’t talking about?

Something tells me there is more going on a Tesla than we know. Perhaps they are only delivering Perf, FSD, or maybe they are working on the Hertz order?
How come so many of you people put cars on hold and stuff...why not wait until your absolutely ready before ordering

Reactions: SmallDogs
I just received my Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit from Tesla. Well.... Not exactly... Not quite sure what they sent but the kit on the screen is most assuredly NOT what Elon sent me.

Guess I need to initiate a return. Lol.
At least the other item I ordered was right. Too bad that the "model" Model 3 came before the "actual" Model 3, but at least I can play with this while I wait.

Wonder how I get the Frunk to open? Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_141004028_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220219_141004028_HDR.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: 095179005
How come so many of you people put cars on hold and stuff...why not wait until your absolutely ready before ordering

I can only answer for myself:
1 - When I ordered in November, the site was advertising a February delivery. This was perfect for me, as I retired on 2021 and was going to pay for the car using investment funds.... I wanted delivery in 2022 when the capital gains I would pay would be based on a year with NO income and would therefore save me hundreds/thousands of dollars in taxes.
2 - At the time I ordered, Congress was toying around with the notion of an EV Tax Credit, which if passed would shave $8K off the net price but NOT if delivery happened during 2021. Again, a February 2022 delivery was perfect for me.
3 - Tesla accelerated all of their deliveries into December to make their EOQ and EOY numbers look better. I didn't want delivery in 2021 for both reasons cited above, so when they assigned me a VIN (129xxx) I had them suspend my order by placing it on hold until after the new year.
4 - On 1/2 I went back in line and immediately got another VIN (153xxx). It was still too soon as it would take at least 7-10 days to sell stock, transfer $ to my local credit union, wait for the transfer to clear, then withdraw the $ via a cashier's check. The absolute soonest I could take delivery would be mid-Jan. They couldn't hold the car for more than 3 days, so it was released.
5 - The SA and I also talked about Ryzen/Li-Ion 12v battery. The 153xxx VIN had neither. I want both. So we decided to put my order back on hold and wait until the maximum 90-days post-OD deadline before putting me back in line. That just happened.

Some folks have travel plans they can't change that results in deliveries being passed by. Others have strong preferences regarding incremental hardware upgrades that are in the pipeline that they really want (like the ongoing Intel/Ryzen processor and the 12v battery upgrades). Others, like me, have specific date-related financial considerations that are in play. Any of these reasons, or any of a number of other reasons, are ones that give people strong enough reason to want to delay accepting delivery. I can't speak for all of them - only my own reasons are documented above - but the reasons exist.

And, frankly, there's so much demand for Teslas right now that they're NOT hurting for delivery opportunities. Anyone here who delays accepting their car means another customer gets their car sooner. The first customer delays, which they want. The second customer get a happy surprise, which they want. Tesla makes two people happy and makes two sales, which they want.

Last edited:
Pickup is today at 3:30 in Oakville (Toronto Canada). We’re having a winter storm. 70KPH winds, lake effect snowfall with whiteout conditions. THIS is why i wanted to get delivery in March. Sigh.
Currently on hold with the delivery team, hoping i can delay until tomorrow.
Not sure how i can inspect the exterior of a car in a blizzard.
I was at the Tesla shop earlier this afternoon - its fine, they have cleaned up the snow. It was very, very busy. I was able to walk around and look at some of the new cars (might have been yours lol) to check for panel alignments etc. Didn’t see anything crazy - but I’m not a pro at this at all.

Likely you’ll be be taking the car around the ramp area which was clear. Looking out the window now, the snow has stopped. But yes, very very windy.

Worst case, don’t dampen your excitement you are getting a car which will be worth it :). Best case, you have it moved to tomorrow or another day next week.

edit - 5 mins later - aaaaaaaaaand it started snowing lol, just like that. Be safe!

I can only answer for myself:
1 - When I ordered in November, the site was advertising a February delivery. This was perfect for me, as I retired on 2021 and was going to pay for the car using investment funds.... I wanted delivery in 2022 when the capital gains I would pay would be based on a year with NO income and would therefore save me hundreds/thousands of dollars in taxes.
2 - At the time I ordered, Congress was toying around with the notion of an EV Tax Credit, which if passed would shave $8K off the net price but NOT if delivery happened during 2021. Again, a February 2022 delivery was perfect for me.
3 - Tesla accelerated all of their deliveries into December to make their EOQ and EOY numbers look better. I didn't want delivery in 2021 for both reasons cited above, so when they assigned me a VIN (129xxx) I had them suspend my order by placing it on hold until after the new year.
4 - On 1/2 I went back in line and immediately got another VIN (153xxx). It was still too soon as it would take at least 7-10 days to sell stock, transfer $ to my local credit union, wait for the transfer to clear, then withdraw the $ via a cashier's check. The absolute soonest I could take delivery would be mid-Jan. They couldn't hold the car for more than 3 days, so it was released.
5 - The SA and I also talked about Ryzen/Li-Ion 12v battery. The 153xxx VIN had neither. I want both. So we decided to put my order back on hold and wait until the maximum 90-days post-OD deadline before putting me back in line. That just happened.

Some folks have travel plans they can't change that results in deliveries being passed by. Others have strong preferences regarding incremental hardware upgrades that are in the pipeline that they really want (like the ongoing Intel/Ryzen processor and the 12v battery upgrades). Others, like me, have specific date-related financial considerations that are in play. Any of these reasons, or any of a number of other reasons, are ones that give people strong enough reason to want to delay accepting delivery. I can't speak for all of them - only my own reasons are documented above - but the reasons exist.

And, frankly, there's so much demand for Teslas right now that they're NOT hurting for delivery opportunities. Anyone here who delays accepting their car means another customer gets their car sooner. The first customer delays, which they want. The second customer get a happy surprise, which they want. Tesla makes two people happy and makes two sales, which they want.
Makes sense, had to ask lol