Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I get an updated MVPA once I change the cash to financing? Since my delivery date is Mar 4- Mar 8, should I apply for financing now or wait a few days
From my experience yes, it'll update 24 hours before delivery (I switched from cash to finance as soon as I got my VIN, and got credit approval in 48 hours). I'd say get financing squared away now.
What in the world is going on at Tesla right now? EDD for a model 3 white on white non perf with Aero wheels, no FSD has gone from February to 4/25 to 5/26. Ordered last September, placed on hold, removed hold on 2/2. Was told it should match any day and to expect it in a week or two. My Model Y order has been all over the place as well.

Delivery to be in Portland Oregon

I get there is high demand, but Tesla is saying new orders are delivered close to when most of us should be seeing ours. Does that mean there is a production issue they aren’t talking about?

Something tells me there is more going on a Tesla than we know. Perhaps they are only delivering Perf, FSD, or maybe they are working on the Hertz order?
Did you choose a payment option?
Just got pushed back from 3/10-3/31 to 5/4-6/1.

OD 11/22. M3LR black/black. Aero. Boston area.

Initial EDD was end of January. This sucks.

Pickup is today at 3:30 in Oakville (Toronto Canada). We’re having a winter storm. 70KPH winds, lake effect snowfall with whiteout conditions. THIS is why i wanted to get delivery in March. Sigh.
Currently on hold with the delivery team, hoping i can delay until tomorrow.
Not sure how i can inspect the exterior of a car in a blizzard.
Too bad about the weather today.. I imagine the wind is worse where you are down by the lake. Let us know how you make out. Good luck!

Reactions: Blackfish
VIN assigned today!
M3 LR MSM Black interior 18in Wheels
OD - 1/4/2022
EDD has moved around so much I never kept track - Varied from all of March, to Late March, to Late April-Early May
EDD after VIN assigned - Feb 21 -25

VIN - 181XXX

Now to get financing squared away since I stupidly put in the loan application the day I ordered (they made it seem like you HAD to after ordering). Turns out today is the LAST day before I have to re-apply. Hoping both my bank and Tesla can get this paperwork stuff figured out by today so I won't have to re-apply.
Managed to get everything going. Now the waiting game part 2.
Also, man 3rd party financing makes things so much more complicated. The person at the bank I was speaking with didn't even know what a Telsa was, couldn't get things to work, and eventually I just gave up after an hour on the phone. Called back, got someone else, and was all set in about 5 minutes. This was USAA by the way.

From my experience yes, it'll update 24 hours before delivery (I switched from cash to finance as soon as I got my VIN, and got credit approval in 48 hours). I'd say get financing squared away now.

Yep file is complete. When I called they just said “we apologize there is high demand. Nothing we can do to push it forward”

• Informative
Reactions: 095179005
Seems like a lot of early Jan orders are getting VINs on the mid-east coast. Hoping to get VIN soon, but seems like it will get pushed back on monday

OD 1/7/2022 M3 LR MSM/Black/Aero/no fsd
1/8: March 10-31
1/12: Feb 24 - Mar 24
2/1: Feb 10 - Mar 10
2/11: Feb 24 - Mar 24
2/14: Feb 17 - Mar 3
2/18: Feb 20 - Mar 2
Spoke too soon I got my VIN this morning, scheduled delivery for 2/23! Could've got it earlier but I need to wait for DCU application to approve.

Pushed out today to 2/22 - 3/5 from 2/18 - 3/4. Hoping the VIN gets assigned soon

M3LR white ext black int 18” aero in PHX.
OD: 1/12
Original EDD: March
1/13 EDD: 2/20 - 3/20
2/15 EDD: 2/18 - 3/4
2/19 EDD: 2/22 - 3/5

Anyone in the PHX area seeing any movement?

Can someone clarify choosing a payment option? I am going to use 3rd party financing but it’s too soon to apply, so I can’t fill in the required information. That part of my pre-delivery remains incomplete. It was my understanding that it does not delay your order and an advisor will contact you and ask you to arrange your financing once I get closer to delivery range. Is that not correct?

Reactions: JustVee
saw
Can someone clarify choosing a payment option? I am going to use 3rd party financing but it’s too soon to apply, so I can’t fill in the required information. That part of my pre-delivery remains incomplete. It was my understanding that it does not delay your order and an advisor will contact you and ask you to arrange your financing once I get closer to delivery range. Is that not correct?
The general consensus is to select cash and have your SA change it when you’re ready to take delivery. It’s hard to say with 100% certainty that you won’t get a delivery date without doing that, but no reason to take that chance.

saw

The general consensus is to select cash and have your SA change it when you’re ready to take delivery. It’s hard to say with 100% certainty that you won’t get a delivery date without doing that, but no reason to take that chance.
That’s what I did. And when I got my VIN today I called in at 9 AM when they opened and had them open up the credit application… it’s all been pretty easy.