Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my experience yes, it'll update 24 hours before delivery (I switched from cash to finance as soon as I got my VIN, and got credit approval in 48 hours). I'd say get financing squared away now.

Did you choose a payment option?

Did you choose a payment option?
Does not choosing a payment method delay you? I heard of that but wasn’t sure it was something legit.

I just received my Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit from Tesla. Well.... Not exactly... Not quite sure what they sent but the kit on the screen is most assuredly NOT what Elon sent me.

Guess I need to initiate a return. Lol.
Turns out they sent the wrong kit. For the wrong wheels. For the wrong CAR.

What they sent was the Model Y Gemini Cap Kit (photo), not the Model 3 Aero Kit I ordered. Also, what they sent should have been in a box, but what I got was the unboxed innards. Good thing I immediately snapped a photo to prove what I got so when they get it back there won't be any question about me "shorting" them anything.

Bottom line, while stuck here in the waiting room, orders from the Mother ship should be carefully examined when they arrive. Especially for items not generally available elsewhere. As for me, I'm waiting to be contacted about the return and I -hope- they still have an Aero kit in stock to cross-ship to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220219-215905-338.jpg
    Screenshot_20220219-215905-338.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 99
Does not choosing a payment method delay you? I heard of that but wasn’t sure it was something legit.
Page 1318 of this thread. That whole page has numerous people saying/confirming it.
Yep - as confirmed by SAs, if you haven’t completed financing information, you will still remain in line to get a VIN, you just won’t be prioritized for immediate delivery opportunities.

For example, if someone rejected delivery of a car that matches your configuration in your area, and that car unexpectedly becomes available for delivery to someone else, you are unlikely to get that call. Another buyer who has completed their financing profile will probably be prioritized since they’re ostensibly ready and willing to take delivery immediately.

Welp…. Just saw everyone’s push backs and mine wasn’t changed earlier today. I have now have received a 4/10-5/8 delivery time frame for home delivery in SoCal

OD 11/19/2021
OG EDD OF 01/05-1/31
Slipped back to 02/12-03/12
Then once again to 03/12-03/31
Now 04/10-05/08 🙄

M3LR
Black interior
No FSD
AERO rims

Officially graduated from this thread, excuse the bad images as it was pouring and didn't get a good chance for better photos yet!

Confirmed Ryzen and new battery, no dual pane rear glass. Just a few minor alignment issues that the delivery center got sorted out fairly quick. Great experience with the delivery associate, got my quick bandit mount, silicone license plate frames and 3D maxpider mats put in before leaving. Drove about 80 km total so far and love it. Great power, handling and really like the midnight metallic with black accents.

Hoping everyone that's waiting get's theirs soon!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 81
How come so many of you people put cars on hold and stuff...why not wait until your absolutely ready before ordering
Short answer(and I'm not one of them, never had a hold).......

1. Can't pickup due to travelling/ life events(rare)
2. Wanted a tax credit so ordered on 2021 hoping a tax credit was approved but were given a VIN prior to year end(many people in late 2021)
3. Heard there were upgrades coming and kept putting order on hold until forced to release or a verification that most VIN's were coming with the updates.(Almost everyone in here, with the exception of a few).
4. A combination of both 2 and 3, see above.

Last edited:
Reactions: disneygirl420
Officially graduated from this thread, excuse the bad images as it was pouring and didn't get a good chance for better photos yet!

Confirmed Ryzen and new battery, no dual pane rear glass. Just a few minor alignment issues that the delivery center got sorted out fairly quick. Great experience with the delivery associate, got my quick bandit mount, silicone license plate frames and 3D maxpider mats put in before leaving. Drove about 80 km total so far and love it. Great power, handling and really like the midnight metallic with black accents.

Hoping everyone that's waiting get's theirs soon!!
Congratulations!

Picking up tomorrow, can't wait.

Much love for my fellow Vancouverites.

Welp…. Just saw everyone’s push backs and mine wasn’t changed earlier today. I have now have received a 4/10-5/8 delivery time frame for home delivery in SoCal
OMG! Right when we think it can't get worse, it gets worse! For those of us who suffer from such big changes, there is no rhyme or reason. Contrary to logic, decisions may be made very low in the food chain by people who have no concept of the ordering process, thus making it appear random.

Reactions: ILArtemis
Well, I too have filled my garage with a new M3LR and will have to graduate from this room.
For Toronto west (Oakville) order holders, I can tell you that I was treated very well and in spite of the on and off blizzard, was able to inspect and go over the car as much as i wanted. Got all my questions answered and left happy. It was a 40 car delivery day. That’s not even their busiest.
Good luck on your orders!
(Yes, it has the Ryzen. It is pretty much a given for VINs over 161xxx)

Attachments

• 4625D7E2-9950-40E5-8C4F-2D48100D57A5.jpeg
    4625D7E2-9950-40E5-8C4F-2D48100D57A5.jpeg
    622.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 835EE575-B3C7-4E31-B333-4D2FA4C87A7C.jpeg
    835EE575-B3C7-4E31-B333-4D2FA4C87A7C.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 71