Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD - November 14 (White/White/Aero 18"/No FDS)

EDD 1 - January 20 to February 20
EDD 2 - February 20 to March 20
EDD 3 - February 23 to March 4

VIN Received 2/16 at 1 PM - VIN later removed later that night around 10 PM (Called Tesla and was told production factory did not pass the car, put back in as "Priority".

EDD 4 - March 7 to March 18

I'm sure they must "test" certain things all the way through the process. I wonder what they "test" that late in the game to pull it back. Maybe someone has some insight...

I got my VIN! 180XX

M3LR white ext black int 18” aero in PHX.
OD: 1/12
Original EDD: March
1/13 EDD: 2/20 - 3/20
(2/12 Trade in Text)
2/15 EDD: 2/18 - 3/4
2/19 EDD: 2/22 - 3/5
2/21 VIN 2/21 - 2/25

Called Tesla to change to 3rd party financing, sent docs to Bank for final loan approval, and completed down payment. Waiting on text to schedule delivery appointment.
Tesla also said that the build date was 2/17 and that the car had 15 miles and was already at the showroom.

Last edited:
You should have the payment section completed. You can select Cash now and change it later once you get a VIN.

I wasted 3 months as I had left it incomplete.
Thanks, It now shows 3/4 sections complete. Trade in is pending on payoff amount, trade in value is 2.5k less than CarFax though as well.

Screenshot-20220221-162551-Chrome.jpg

Hi there, I'm currently waiting for the actual delivery date for mine but I'm at a loss on the actual process. I don't know if you're financing your M3, but at any given time in the purchase process has it given you an option to give a down-payment?

I was looking to finance part of the car and putting down part of the payment. Any insight on the purchase process would be helpful, thanks!
@GrabberOrange I’m picking up from Scottsdale and I’m waiting on the text to schedule delivery. When I got my vin, I called Tesla to change my profile from cash to third party financing. They asked me how much I was planning on putting down and they updated the MVPA and my app reflected the down payment amount due to Tesla. Hope this helps.

I got my VIN! 180XX

(2/12 Trade in Text)
2/21 VIN 2/21 - 2/25

Called Tesla to change to 3rd party financing, sent docs to Bank for final loan approval, and completed down payment. Waiting on text to schedule delivery appointment.
Tesla also said that the build date was 2/17 and that the car had 15 miles and was already at the showroom.
Hi there, congrats on your M3! I'm currently waiting for the actual delivery date for mine but I'm at a loss on the actual purchasing process.

I was looking to finance part of the car and putting down part of the payment. The bank that I'm looking to finance it through (Pentagon Federal) says that I have to give the down-payment to Tesla, but seems like Tesla only wants 1 final check. Who did you give your down-payment to? Bank or Tesla?
If Tesla, is there an option that pops up for me to do that then?

@GrabberOrange I’m picking up from Scottsdale and I’m waiting on the text to schedule delivery. When I got my vin, I called Tesla to change my profile from cash to third party financing. They asked me how much I was planning on putting down and they updated the MVPA and my app reflected the down payment amount due to Tesla. Hope this helps.
Oh, perfect! That's the info I was looking for... I've asked this question around but the Tesla reps all seemed a bit lost as to what happens next in the process.Thank you for this info.

Congrats on your M3!

Reactions: Maarrv
Oh, perfect! That's the info I was looking for... I've asked this question around but the Tesla reps all seemed a bit lost as to what happens next in the process.Thank you for this info.

Congrats on your M3!
You as well! I immediately called Tesla when I got my vin because my bank wanted the updated MVPA for the final approval. Hopefully the scheduling opens up for our deliveries soon!

Reactions: Misslove_143
Hi there, congrats on your M3! I'm currently waiting for the actual delivery date for mine but I'm at a loss on the actual purchasing process.

I was looking to finance part of the car and putting down part of the payment. The bank that I'm looking to finance it through (Pentagon Federal) says that I have to give the down-payment to Tesla, but seems like Tesla only wants 1 final check. Who did you give your down-payment to? Bank or Tesla?
If Tesla, is there an option that pops up for me to do that then?
I had my down payment in an account with the same credit union I was using to finance my car. When it came time to make the payment, the credit union did one wire transfer which included my down payment and the balance that I financed. Smooth and easy. 😁

Reactions: GrabberOrange
I had my down payment in an account with the same credit union I was using to finance my car. When it came time to make the payment, the credit union did one wire transfer which included my down payment and the balance that I financed. Smooth and easy. 😁
Oh, great idea. I'll ask my credit union if they're willing to do that! Thanks!

I got my VIN! 180XX

(2/12 Trade in Text)
2/21 VIN 2/21 - 2/25

Congrats!
Same config and we got the same 2/18-2/14 EDD on the same day (2/15). Yet you got your vin today and I got a pushback. :(

Reactions: Misslove_143
I've seen some people mention how not completing payment has delayed their delivery window significantly. I'm leasing my vehicle and have no option to give a down payment or anything but I have been approved for a lease through Tesla. Is there anything else I need to do to expedite delivery?

EDD 4/23-5/20

Reactions: T4M3