Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all Ohioans waiting to schedule delivery - If the tesla local center is not giving a concrete delivery date, you can call the 800 number and get it scheduled. I called my local tesla center today and they said i should get a text within a couple of days to schedule delivery and just after that i called tesla 800 number and the gentleman told me that my car is fairly close and scheduled my deliver to 4th March.
Can confirm this did not work for me (I am in Rhode Island not Ohio)... Called 800 # and the person said I had to wait for the text to schedule delivery.

VIN received Fri 2/18,
EDD 3/5-3/9

Still haven't gotten any info to schedule delivery, local SA also says to wait for text/phone call to schedule it...

I’m going from an F-150 to a M3. So I’m sure the difference for me will be pretty extreme. But I am ready to save a bunch on gas lol. Enjoy the ride!
I sold my Ram for a Chevy Volt a few years ago, it was a shock to say the least! But one thing I did not expect is that I got numbness in my left knee from twisting while getting out of the car compared to just hopping out of my ram (I am 5'4", so I had to literally jump out of the darn Ram). A lot of people on the Volt forums called it Volt-Knee but if I was you, I would watch out for that on the model 3. You just got to twist your booty on the seat before putting weight on your leg.

Can confirm this did not work for me (I am in Rhode Island not Ohio)... Called 800 # and the person said I had to wait for the text to schedule delivery.

VIN received Fri 2/18,
EDD 3/5-3/9

Still haven't gotten any info to schedule delivery, local SA also says to wait for text/phone call to schedule it...
Got my text to schedule on Monday night, I got the VIN late Thursday- so maybe you’ll get scheduling text tonight

I sold my Ram for a Chevy Volt a few years ago, it was a shock to say the least! But one thing I did not expect is that I got numbness in my left knee from twisting while getting out of the car compared to just hopping out of my ram (I am 5'4", so I had to literally jump out of the darn Ram). A lot of people on the Volt forums called it Volt-Knee but if I was you, I would watch out for that on the model 3. You just got to twist your booty on the seat before putting weight on your leg.
Interesting, thanks for the advice

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
I’m going from an F-150 to a M3. So I’m sure the difference for me will be pretty extreme. But I am ready to save a bunch on gas lol. Enjoy the ride!
I wonder if Tesla is getting a spike in orders due to the rising gas prices. I would assume more people would be willing to switch seeing the $4.50 and rising prices and no resolution in sight for the Ukraine issue.

VIN received Fri 2/18,
EDD 3/5-3/9

Mine was 5 days apart, received VIN text 5 days prior to getting schedule text.

VIN received Fri 2/18,
EDD 3/5-3/9

Mine was 5 days apart, received VIN text 5 days prior to getting schedule text.

It might depend on your proximity to Fremont? I'm up the coast in the Seattle area; saw my VIN in the app on Fri. 2/11, then got the "Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model 3 for delivery" text the next morning on Sat. 2/12. I was given a delivery window of Thurs. 2/17-Sat. 2/19. For folks closer to the factory, I think the timing is even tighter; I feel like some people even got a VIN and picked up their car within a day or two??

OD: 1/22
M3 LR MSM Aero
EDD#1:March 4-31
Updated EDD 2-20 : March 12- 26
In the Tampa Bay area. Still no VIN or updates. Completed tasks since 1/25. Saw people getting VIN's with OD later than me. And even a couple Deliveries. Wheres the love down here?

It might depend on your proximity to Fremont? I'm up the coast in the Seattle area; saw my VIN in the app on Fri. 2/11, then got the "Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model 3 for delivery" text the next morning on Sat. 2/12. I was given a delivery window of Thurs. 2/17-Sat. 2/19. For folks closer to the factory, I think the timing is even tighter; I feel like some people even got a VIN and picked up their car within a day or two??
Yes it does, they truck/train them from Fremont to your destination. I got a VIN on the 17th and my car is supposed to arrive in NJ on Saturday with pickup on Monday. People that are close often get same or next day delivery.

Reactions: PK_Seattle
I wonder if Tesla is getting a spike in orders due to the rising gas prices. I would assume more people would be willing to switch seeing the $4.50 and rising prices and no resolution in sight for the Ukraine issue.
I personally know 3 people that made the switch due to gas prices and they don’t regret it one bit. Once I drove my cousin M3P I was hooked, it was a different experience.